Train Judo Ground Madeleine Malonga highlight

3/12/19 6:19 PM
12/21/04

Another great, great judoka on the French women's team.  

3/13/19 2:45 PM
1/1/01

Aaron she's awesome. Good Osoto-Gake. Once she get's that over the back grip the opponet is done.

3/13/19 9:43 PM
3/28/07

She is ranked #3 by the IJF in -78k and has replace Tcheumeo as #1 for the French ladies team.  She is 25 yrs old and has been in the IJf circuit since 2014.  She place 7th in the 2018 world judo championhsips.  Can't find any video of when she lost to guage her weakness.  She just overpowers her opponent.  She is at her peak in the next 2 years to get a medal in either the World Judo Championships or 2020 Olympics.

3/13/19 10:10 PM
12/21/04
judoblackbelt - 

She is ranked #3 by the IJF in -78k and has replace Tcheumeo as #1 for the French ladies team.  She is 25 yrs old and has been in the IJf circuit since 2014.  She place 7th in the 2018 world judo championhsips.  Can't find any video of when she lost to guage her weakness.  She just overpowers her opponent.  She is at her peak in the next 2 years to get a medal in either the World Judo Championships or 2020 Olympics.

One of the few matches she lost last year was at the World's against Great Britain's Yeats-Brown. Malonga had the over the back grip and went for her ouchi-uchimata combo, but Yeats-Brown managed to spin out of it and landed on Malonga's back in newza. Malonga tried to stand up and Yeats-Brown submitted her with a Jigoku-jime variation. 

3/14/19 8:34 AM
3/28/07

For some reason the taller ladies seem to have  an advantage and she definetly does.  She also seems stronger than her opponents which adds to her dominance.  I have to see her fight more against top ten like Aguiar of Brazil for example to see how she attacks when she can't overpower her opponent. 

3/14/19 10:18 AM
1/1/01

She seems strong as hell. Again that grip is very cool.   I couldn't do it as I don't have the height.

Edited: 3/14/19 7:50 PM
12/21/04
judoblackbelt -

For some reason the taller ladies seem to have  an advantage and she definetly does.  She also seems stronger than her opponents which adds to her dominance.  I have to see her fight more against top ten like Aguiar of Brazil for example to see how she attacks when she can't overpower her opponent. 

Here is a match against Aguiar when Aguiar was reigning world champion.  

Edited: 3/14/19 8:40 PM
3/28/07

Aguiar couldn't throw with her left hand grip under the arm pit.  She was playing defensive, backing up trying to stop the over the back grip by Malonga.  Malonga eventually got it and attacked for the ippon.  Malonga height combined with her skills,relentless offense, will give anyone fits.  They better figure a way to attack her of she will just get her grip and finish them.  I tried to find video of the 2018 World Judo Championships to see why she didn't medal but coudn't find any.  

3/15/19 6:53 AM
12/21/04
judoblackbelt -

Aguiar couldn't throw with her left hand grip under the arm pit.  She was playing defensive, backing up trying to stop the over the back grip by Malonga.  Malonga eventually got it and attacked for the ippon.  Malonga height combined with her skills,relentless offense, will give anyone fits.  They better figure a way to attack her of she will just get her grip and finish them.  I tried to find video of the 2018 World Judo Championships to see why she didn't medal but coudn't find any.  

This is the match she lost to China's Ma in the quarterfinals of the 2018 World Championships.  

3/15/19 9:41 AM
3/28/07

First thing I noticed is the MA is taller so it won't be easy to get the over the back grip and if when she did she didn't create any off balance/movement.  Malonga looked a little winded and she attacked like she normaaly does with shorter opponents. Malonga will have come up with a different strategy against the taller opponents.  Height is so important in the womens division. Ma is ranked #18 in -78k by the IJF.

Thanks for posting the vidoes.