Train Judo Ground Peruvian necktie @ Paris GS!

8 days ago
1/1/01

Has anyone ever seen a Peruvian necktie - Let alone a guillotine - in international comp?

2:48 of this vid - can't see either guy's patches so no idea who either is - anyone have any idea?

7 days ago
3/28/07

Yes, we see the Peruvian necktie choke occasionally. Not new in judo circles. Usually it is done grabbing the opposite gi collar from underneath the neck and throwing the leg over.  In the above video he is using the no-gi technnique where he joins both hands together to choke. Travis Stevens teaches the choke this way with both hands together. I prefer the cross collar version. 

Can't tell who the participants are the scoring table can't be seen. The scoring table in the video  is for the mat next to their left.  

7 days ago
12/21/04

The French Women are very good at it. In fact Amandine Buchard uses it quite often. It is her go to submission in newaza.

7 days ago
12/21/04
Wasa-B - Has anyone ever seen a Peruvian necktie - Let alone a guillotine - in international comp?

2:48 of this vid - can't see either guy's patches so no idea who either is - anyone have any idea?

The winner is Noel Van T End from the Netherlands. He is the reigning world champion (hence the red name patch) at -90kg

6 days ago
6/18/10

5 days ago
3/28/07

Aaron, I am surprised you didn't mention Gerbi one of your hero's.  She uses the gi to choke but it is a peruvian necktie version.

I think the IJF banned using the gi end to choke.  Correct me if I am wrong.

5 days ago
3/28/07

You need an arm entrapped to use a guilotine choke or else it is a neck crank which is illegal.

5 days ago
12/21/04

Gerbi was one of the first to use it sucesfully at high level, but as Judoblack belt said she used the gi, and her version was banned. Nowadays, people use the more traditional version where you clamp your own hands. The second half of this highlight shows Buchard using it with great success. 

5 days ago
3/28/07

Yes, she is very effective using both her hands to choke using the peruvian necktie version.