Train Judo Ground Will Judo bring back leg attacks?

6/13/19 12:56 AM
1/1/01

i'm well aware of the jiu-jitsu recognized by the IOC,  France is one of the powerhouses and some of those tournaments are actually televised there, BJJ like judo is painful to watch for the uniniated, but it is easier, which is why it will eventually surpass judo, i believe tkd has it over judo worldwide, again because it's easier.

6/13/19 1:39 AM
4/25/11
de braco -

i'm well aware of the jiu-jitsu recognized by the IOC,  France is one of the powerhouses and some of those tournaments are actually televised there, BJJ like judo is painful to watch for the uniniated, but it is easier, which is why it will eventually surpass judo, i believe tkd has it over judo worldwide, again because it's easier.

I'm assuming you mean BJJ is easier on the body. Maybe in some ways compared to judo, but it is far from a gentle art if you take it seriously. Alot of the same finger issues and back, neck and disc related injuries are more common. Of course your joints are put under stress from all the submissions and depending on your club and rule set you focus on you may be exposed to all manner of leg locks, neck cranks and other dangerous holds. Shoulder locks in my experience are the submissions most commonly resulting in injury and they aren't common in judo, but very common in jiu jitsu.

Taekwondo is not more popular than judo. Again, you guys are looking around at what is happening in America and assuming it is the same everywhere else 

6/13/19 9:36 AM
1/1/01

No kid, ne-waza is immensely easier on the body, judoka have known this as an indisputable truth since the beginning. Judo is only the second most popular martial sport in the olympics, let's take a guess at the first. I know it's hard to believe that you are infact, wrong, and that your collected wisdom of 20 years could be in error. Get used to the feeling, it's going to be a daily occurence.

An interesting article by the highly respected sideshow joe svinth  https://ejmas.com/jcs/jcsart_svinth1_0201.htm

6/13/19 9:45 AM
1/1/01

I do enjoy your pontifications though, i picture a tweed sport coat with suede patches at the elbows, emphasizing salient points with jabs of your meershaum pipe, whilst setting in a shopping cart outside of trader joes

Edited: 6/13/19 10:21 AM
4/25/11

Ok your just trolling, but I'll respond one last time and then be done. In the decade that I trained jiu jitsu I sustained far more injuries doing that than judo, wrestling or sambo. Jiu-Jitsu coaches also commonly utilize out dated methods of warming up and conditioning their students that do more harm than good which doesn't help.

Also your article is from 2001, so it is irrelevant to our discussion of the modern popularity of judo. Judo really took off worldwide following the 2012 Olympics.

You haven't really managed to refute anything I said on the previous page and are just resorting to insults at this point, so let's just end it here.

6/13/19 12:09 PM
1/1/01

I'm sorry, i seem to lack tact and good sense when attempting to bandy words with the millennial generation. What hit a little to close to home? The pipe?  So judo blasted off after the 2012 olympiad, huh? Thanks, i really needed a laugh! Lay out your "assertions", and i'll sink them forthwith.

6/13/19 12:13 PM
1/1/01

judo heads for the stratosphere 2012'

6/14/19 7:31 AM
3/28/07

Tripple_B: I support you 100%.  What is important is what is happening in judo today on a world scale.  To me that is basis for discussion here.  The sport is more dynamic than ever.  The reduced match times 5 min. to 4 min.  Can't win by penalty (2 or less) for a tie score.  Increased time on the ground. Score for 10 sec. pin 1/2 point, 20 sec. pin 1 point,ippon. Throwing points are scored 1/2 point or 1(ippon).  Reinstated two 1/2 points add up to ippon.  The "farm" system in judo(Juniors) feeding into Senior level is comparable to college football feeding the NFL.   This is a powerhouse sport.  Prize money for medal winners.  

6/14/19 9:07 AM
1/1/01
Triple_B -
de braco -

I'm assuming you mean BJJ is easier on the body. Maybe in some ways compared to judo, but it is far from a gentle art if you take it seriously. Alot of the same finger issues and back, neck and disc related injuries are more common. Of course your joints are put under stress from all the submissions and depending on your club and rule set you focus on you may be exposed to all manner of leg locks, neck cranks and other dangerous holds. Shoulder locks in my experience are the submissions most commonly resulting in injury and they aren't common in judo, but very common in jiu jitsu.

Taekwondo is not more popular than judo. Again, you guys are looking around at what is happening in America and assuming it is the same everywhere else 

I have a 4th Degree in TKD from a previous life before Judo. In the US it's a lot more popular as it appeals the soccer moms and suburban populations.  It's easier for kids to rank in, or at least now it is.  In the late 70's when I started it was different and more hardcore.  When I go to Judo clubs in the US it seems a lot of guys know each other. The guys at DC Judo know people at Kintora which is a big school in Buffalo, NY. Kintora knows guys in NJ and so forth.  I train with the Buffalo guys here and there as it's not far away. The guys at Cohoes Judo in Albany know the people at Tohoku Judo in Boston also.  It's a lot more of a tight knit community as Judo is a tough sport so it's not like other martial arts.  Having been in both scenes I can tell you the culture is different in both.

Edited: 6/14/19 4:09 PM
1/1/01

Oh God!!! The vote downs, they burn!!!!!!!!!! LOL, that's the way! You sure showed me, you fragile little bitches. Here's a clue, this judo forum would have been deleted along with all the other sub-forums(other than the BJJ forum), except for the fact of being memorially named for quincy, a shit stirrer extraordinaire who finally caught the dragon. Q would have really skewerd you little safe space, head in the sand bitches. This thread is the most viewed thread in the fucking thing, mainly due to me enraging you nancys, or perhaps you're more akin to cathy? If Mifune could see you little bitches wringing your hands and suffering the "vapors" he'd screech and poke his eyes out

6/14/19 4:12 PM
1/1/01

6/17/19 9:39 AM
1/1/01

I didn't vote you down, there is one person on the thread that was probably offended.

Edited: 6/17/19 3:52 PM
1/1/01

i perused the karma table and spied the LITTLE COWARDLY COCK KNOCKER BITCH. BTW, Hope your vapors have passed

Edited: 6/22/19 11:37 AM
12/21/04

The growing popularity of judo around the world, U.S. being one of the exceptions, is definitely real and happening. Judo is already one of the most popular and practiced sports in Japan, France, and Mongolia and its presence throughout all of Europe is growing. This weekend at the European Games in Belarus 12 of the 50 countries participating had a judoka as a flag bearer, more than any of the other 14 sports which included wrestling, boxing, karate, gymnastics, sambo, cycling, shooting, table tennis, basketball, beach soccer, track and field, badminton, canoeing and archery. In addition, the International Olympic Committe (IOC) recently selected 8 sports to have athletes representing the IOC Refugee Olympic Team at the 2020 Olympics in Japan. Judo was one of the 8 sports chosen.

6/22/19 7:54 PM
1/1/01

JUDO'S HEADED FOR THE STRATOSPHERE!!!!!!

(Whiny bitches) "it's fine"

6/22/19 8:06 PM
1/1/01

if the future of judo could take on musical form, it would manifest as this

6/23/19 8:14 AM
3/28/07

Aaron, coudn't agree with you more.  Judo in the world of grappling sports is rooted in diverse cultures and is the best by far.  Holding its postition in the Olympics gives it an advantage in appeal.  Plus the rule changes keep making the sport so dynamic by forcing more throw attempts and the extra time on the ground.  One of changes being elimination of leg grab to differentiate it from freestyle wrestling.  Making it its own distinct appeal.  Throw or be thrown. 

6/23/19 10:31 PM
1/1/01

6/25/19 2:21 PM
1/1/01

I don't know why that is posted. He is supporting you?

Edited: 6/25/19 3:27 PM
1/1/01

indeed, with votedowns while trembling and sobbing with impotent rage

6/25/19 3:38 PM
1/1/01

this is the kind of jujitsu recognized by the IOC, incase anyone isn't familiar

6/27/19 12:21 PM
1/1/01

Kind of boring. That's just me though.

Edited: 6/27/19 1:17 PM
1/1/01

it's not tkd, that's for sure.

outkaster tests for 5th dan, it's good to see he's been keeping busy after his tenure on law & order

and who'd have thought eddie goldman was 6th dan

Edited: 6/27/19 1:16 PM
1/1/01

6/28/19 8:47 PM
12/29/12

It's comical that de braco has been trying to argue about what he had very little experience in.  I bet he is an old guy, but it is true that you can be immature at any age.

Posting silly pics and videos to prove his point....how pathetic