OtherGround Forums Fired by a drunk guy - don't know what to do

3/26/19 9:07 AM
9/13/06
So I was terminated from a contract position back in November by my former bosses' boss.

I have no idea why I was let go. I can't get an answer from my contract house or the Director I had a dotted line to.

The Sr. Director who let me go was intoxicated at the time. There are over 6 witnesses including my direct leader that can attest to the fact he was inebriated at the time.

Michigan is an "at will" state meaning they can terminate you for just about any reason at all. With that said I am left without a job, income to support my family and zero luck in the job market so far. So technically there's nothing I can do. There are no protections in place for workers in circumstances like this and I have no idea what to do.

We are about to lose everything. Literally everything.

I have no idea what to do.
4/3/19 7:05 PM
3/3/03

Contract employment is often very different from at-will.  The employer may belimitedi  n what he can and cannot fire for.  All of which is probably spelled out in some measure within the contract.  I would get a copy of the contract and look for provisions dealing with termination.