OtherGround Forums 11 yo daughter called a racist at school today...

Edited: 22 days ago
1/1/01

People called my son "racist" at school simply because he wore a sweater with a swastika on it.

I actually had to go into the school and explain that is was a gift from his grandma, who had sewn it herself.

It was a nice sweater, but seemed to attract a lot of drama wherever we went.

Kinda glad he's grown out of it.

Recently, my mother in law was like, "Should I knit him another swastika sweater, has the old one gotten too small..?"

"No, it still fits", I lied. Didn't want to hurt his grandma's feelings.

22 days ago
3/27/03
William H Muncy -
HighInsideLegKick -
William H Muncy -

I'm mixed and was called every name in the book. Your kid will be OK. Sucks to hear that as a parent though. 

What kind of stuff? If it's too personal I understand that. I've recently started seeing a mixed girl and I wonder about it because it seems like she's dealt with the shit. But I don't wanna ask her because I'm afraid she'll cry because she's a woman. 

Nigger, oreo were the only ones that hit home to be honest 

Being called white on the inside was traumatic?

22 days ago
1/25/04
EFM -
Pura Vida -
EFM - 

daughter was talking to some friends after school and a black kid she didn't know walked up to her and asked if he could ride her bike.  she said no.  he said, 'it's because i'm black, isn't it'.  she again said no.  he then called her a racist in front of a group of kids and ran away.

i hate the idea of my kid getting picked on or name called in anyway, but that word really infuriates me, especially when my daughter has been friends with all races of kids her whole life.

fucking kids.  they're assholes.

Are you racist?

yes.  i was raised in a jewish family and am now athiest.  i'm intellectually and morally superior to pretty much everyone.

Why did he ask you such a stupid question?

22 days ago
8/29/09
Jack Carter -
EFM -
Pura Vida -
EFM - 

daughter was talking to some friends after school and a black kid she didn't know walked up to her and asked if he could ride her bike.  she said no.  he said, 'it's because i'm black, isn't it'.  she again said no.  he then called her a racist in front of a group of kids and ran away.

i hate the idea of my kid getting picked on or name called in anyway, but that word really infuriates me, especially when my daughter has been friends with all races of kids her whole life.

Are you racist?

yes.  i was raised in a jewish family and am now athiest.  i'm intellectually and morally superior to pretty much everyone.

Why did he ask you such a stupid question?

Have you not seen PV post before?

22 days ago
9/4/17
jacktripper -
William H Muncy -
HighInsideLegKick -
William H Muncy -

I'm mixed and was called every name in the book. Your kid will be OK. Sucks to hear that as a parent though. 

What kind of stuff? If it's too personal I understand that. I've recently started seeing a mixed girl and I wonder about it because it seems like she's dealt with the shit. But I don't wanna ask her because I'm afraid she'll cry because she's a woman. 

I'm not white and didn't say it was traumatic.

22 days ago
12/18/07
shen -

People called my son "racist" at school simply because he wore a sweater with a swastika on it.

I actually had to go into the school and explain that is was a gift from his grandma, who had sewn it herself.

It was a nice sweater, but seemed to attract a lot of drama wherever we went.

Kinda glad he's grown out of it.

Recently, my mother in law was like, "Should I knit him another swastika sweater, has the old one gotten too small..?"

"No, it still fits", I lied. Didn't want to hurt his grandma's feelings.

People see racism everywhere...

22 days ago
11/20/09
itzeastman - 

This your daughter?

"Why aren't you a nigger"

It would have been hilarious if she said, "Because I don't go around secretly filming little kids"

22 days ago
8/9/16
William H Muncy -
jacktripper -
William H Muncy -
HighInsideLegKick -
William H Muncy -

What was the dumbest thing someone said to you... ?

You know, after they said it, you think, "that doesn't even make any sense...  "

22 days ago
3/27/03
William H Muncy -
jacktripper -
William H Muncy -
HighInsideLegKick -
William H Muncy -

I didn’t say you were and yes you did 

22 days ago
2/8/08
William H Muncy - 
jacktripper -
William H Muncy -
HighInsideLegKick -
William H Muncy -

I grew up on a small cul de sac street with a ton of kids. It was awesome, but we had some racial issues now and then.

4 Hispanic families, 3 black families, and 3 white families, who all had kids within a year or two of my age.

One of the black families, had a kid from a previous marriage and he was/is mixed race (white/black). The black kids were tougher on him than the rest of us and said awful shit to him. The thing is, he seemed to shrug most of it off and laugh.

Not until high school, did race actually divide us. Mostly, the Mexican kids got into gangs and didn't associate with the rest of us. They weren't enemies, but you would never know we all grew up together.
22 days ago
2/8/08
SeattlesbigDprolapsedME - 
William H Muncy - 
jacktripper -
William H Muncy -
HighInsideLegKick -
William H Muncy -

I grew up on a small cul de sac street with a ton of kids. It was awesome, but we had some racial issues now and then.

4 Hispanic families, 3 black families, and 3 white families, who all had kids within a year or two of my age.

One of the black families, had a kid from a previous marriage and he was/is mixed race (white/black). The black kids were tougher on him than the rest of us and said awful shit to him. The thing is, he seemed to shrug most of it off and laugh.

Not until high school, did race actually divide us. Mostly, the Mexican kids got into gangs and didn't associate with the rest of us. They weren't enemies, but you would never know we all grew up together.

the reason I commented was I remember him always saying, "I'm not white, I'm black."

This always confused me as a kid, because he was 1/2 white.
22 days ago
5/27/08
EFM -

Kid most likely had a crush on your daughter ,but his nuts froze when she spoke to him. So he ran away cowardly 

22 days ago
8/9/16
SeattlesbigDprolapsedME -
SeattlesbigDprolapsedME - 
William H Muncy - 
jacktripper -
William H Muncy -
HighInsideLegKick -
William H Muncy -

the reason I commented was I remember him always saying, "I'm not white, I'm black."

This always confused me as a kid, because he was 1/2 white.

I've heard the rapper Logic say, "my black ass"... 

Not that I give a shit ( I think his dad is black or half black, I don't know... Something like that... )... 

Its funny because he is SO white looking...  Its a trip... 

22 days ago
9/18/13
EasyTapper -

And sadly there’s no defense when called that.  Anything you attempnto say will only make matters worse. 

She should have countered with "No, it's because you're a fag and your bike riding skills are not up to par bitch." At least that's what I'll tell my daughters to do when this situation occurs.

22 days ago
2/23/05

22 days ago
1/25/04

2 vote downs for EFM already. How dare he not accept the fact that his daughter is a racist when a minority calls her one! How dare he!

22 days ago
4/13/12
Jack Carter -

2 vote downs for EFM already. How dare he not accept the fact that his daughter is a racist when a minority calls her one! How dare he!

i don't really understand that either.

22 days ago
12/23/08
Jack Carter -

Happens a lot by mistake when scrolling down on the app.

22 days ago
1/1/01
If there's anything I learned the hard way in Elementary School it's this - NEVER let someone you don't know ride your bike.
Edited: 22 days ago
9/4/17
jacktripper -
William H Muncy -
jacktripper -
William H Muncy -
HighInsideLegKick -
William H Muncy -

I didn’t say you were and yes you did 

I said it hit home you fucking dummy 

22 days ago
4/18/01
JKDude - 
Onikage - 
Jack Carter -

That kid was taught to think that way from adults 

And Don Lemon

Don Lemon is an adult

Joke
------
Your head
22 days ago
11/20/09
Lancifer - If there's anything I learned the hard way in Elementary School it's this - NEVER let someone you don't know ride your bike.

This is a solid point.

I remember Will West a huge mother fucker took my bike in 8th grade and rode it off a cliff into a creek.  I was pissed.  He was one of those guys who was over 6' tall in 7th grade.  I wasn't gonna kick his ass but I also wasn't going to let him get the best of me, so I did the same shit to him.  Got his bike, rode it off the same cliff and looked right at him like now what?  Well, he started chasing me and I believe this was the day he realized he shouldn't fuck with kids he can't catch, b/c without a bike his big fat ass wasn't catching me lol.  We were both white.  Still am to this day, although I can't say he is, I'm willing to be he still is as well.

22 days ago
9/4/17
D241 -
Lancifer - If there's anything I learned the hard way in Elementary School it's this - NEVER let someone you don't know ride your bike.

This is a solid point.

I remember Will West a huge mother fucker took my bike in 8th grade and rode it off a cliff into a creek.  I was pissed.  He was one of those guys who was over 6' tall in 7th grade.  I wasn't gonna kick his ass but I also wasn't going to let him get the best of me, so I did the same shit to him.  Got his bike, rode it off the same cliff and looked right at him like now what?  Well, he started chasing me and I believe this was the day he realized he shouldn't fuck with kids he can't catch, b/c without a bike his big fat ass wasn't catching me lol.  We were both white.  Still am to this day, although I can't say he is, I'm willing to be he still is as well.

Had my bike in 7th grade by a kid in 9th grade. Then he beat my ass and held me my head in the snow. Fucking humilating. Luckily I had a friend that was big and loved to fight. He gave him a two piece with a side of sneakers lol 

22 days ago
10/1/16
Jack Carter - 

Now now Jack. Take it easy. It's okay. He's got more upvotes than downvotes on this thread.

ATTENTION EVERYONE: Please stop downvoting EFM!

Mods please remove those downvotes.
22 days ago
10/4/02
EFM -

Your daughter should’ve said that she can’t be racist, because SHE HERSELF is black. If the kids deny it, she should’ve claimed hat that is how she self-identifies and that they are intolerant bigots.