OtherGround Forums 176 killed after commercial plane crash in Tehran

12 days ago
6/6/02
anthonyMI - 
fanat -
anthonyMI - 

“Speaking of which, where are they and what came out of their analysis?”

Turns out Russia did it. Specifically, it was most likely the 53rd Anti-Aircraft Missile Brigade, which was based out Kursk at the time. They though it was a Ukrainian military aircraft.

I was referring more to how Iran, like Russia before it, will deny deny deny long after it becomes clear what happened. The Iranian have been much more humble about the the wild attempts to flood the media space with counter theories, though.

I was asking as far as the analysis of the black boxes.
Don't play dumb.

Do you have an allergy to answering straightforward questions?

The black box showed that MH17 was damaged by an sudden explosion consistent with the kind you would get from being hit with an anti-aircraft missile.

Here is the transcript:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/mh17-crash-report-full-transcript-of-planes-final-moments-shows-last-words-from-cockpit-9720819.html

Here is where they talk about the "object"

"Despite persistent claims that it was hit by a missile fired by pro-Russian rebels, the report did not assign blame but confirmed it “broke up in the air probably as the result of structural damage caused by a large number of high-energy objects that penetrated the aircraft from outside”.
12 days ago
2/13/16
Darth Potato -
Cotton -

I tend to believe this was an actual accident thst happened during a bad time. There would be no reason for terrorism here imo. 

Do you still believe in the Easter bunny too?

12 days ago
3/27/03
fanat -
anthonyMI - 
fanat -
anthonyMI - 

Turns out Russia did it. Specifically, it was most likely the 53rd Anti-Aircraft Missile Brigade, which was based out Kursk at the time. They though it was a Ukrainian military aircraft.

I was referring more to how Iran, like Russia before it, will deny deny deny long after it becomes clear what happened. The Iranian have been much more humble about the the wild attempts to flood the media space with counter theories, though.

Don't play dumb.

The black box showed that MH17 was damaged by an sudden explosion consistent with the kind you would get from being hit with an anti-aircraft missile.

Here is the transcript:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/mh17-crash-report-full-transcript-of-planes-final-moments-shows-last-words-from-cockpit-9720819.html

"Despite persistent claims that it was hit by a missile fired by pro-Russian rebels, the report did not assign blame but confirmed it “broke up in the air probably as the result of structural damage caused by a large number of high-energy objects that penetrated the aircraft from outside”.

Like that of an anti aircraft system 

12 days ago
2/4/09
jacktripper -
fanat -
anthonyMI - 
fanat -
anthonyMI - 

Don't play dumb.

Here is the transcript:

Yeah but who said it was Russian? 

12 days ago
11/28/08

Yes, that is what an anti-aircraft missile does. It isn’t a big bullet. For the BUK specifically, I think it explodes 16 meters away from the target, then the shrapnel does the damage from there. Could be wrong on the exact number.

12 days ago
2/8/12

So what happened to the Ukrainian plane that crashed out of Iran recently?  

12 days ago
11/28/08
ducks18 -

So what happened to the Ukrainian plane that crashed out of Iran recently?  

It isn’t in the field anymore, that is for sure. The government has some of it, the rest was taken to scrap yards.

12 days ago
3/27/03
NoNeed4aScreenName -
jacktripper -
fanat -
anthonyMI - 
fanat -
anthonyMI - 

Don't play dumb.

Here is the transcript:

Yeah but who said it was Russian? 

Anyone who’s not russian 

11 days ago
12/25/15

Iran is now admitting the obvious.

11 days ago
12/10/16

Just fucking nuke them. Nuke the whole middle east except for Israel. 

11 days ago
12/9/13
Tigah Bait -
androb -
androb -
Tigah Bait -
BrocksSwockRanTrane_onShane -
Tigah Bait - 
BrocksSwockRanTrane_onShane -
dhughes - 

The video that is currently attached to the main article on foxnews seems consistent with an engine fire, stall, and impact with the ground.  You can clearly see a fire on the plane as it descends, eventually stalling and banking hard.

The timing is wild but it does not look like a SAM attack at all.

Engine fire is not going to bring a plane down so quickly, unless the pilots really fucked up. 

The 2003 Baghdad DHL attempted shootdown incident was hit by a missle and not only landed but actually did a go around...

Why do you keep talking like you’re a pilot? Like you have any idea what that aircraft is capable of doing on one engine. There’s all kinds of things that would come into play in these situations and you sure as hell don’t know them right now.

Actually its a subject I know a lot about, I have publications that focus directly on air safety and I KNOW EXACTLY what a 737 NG is capable of doing on 1 engine. In fact I KNOW THE EXACT single engine failure during take off procedure. 

And the current evidence points to this plane being shot down, that does not mean 100% it was but it certianly was NOT a simple case of engine failure. 

Got it. So you have absolutely no idea. Thanks for your input.

Edit - to say nice edit Mr know NOTHING

Like you have any idea what that aircraft is capable of doing on one engine.

Lol it seems like he knows exactly what he’s talking about when it comes to this aircraft flying on one engine.  It does fly 

and doesn’t crash 

Let me ask you this... Do you know what else could’ve been damaged on that wing from this engine failure? No you don’t and neither does he. Now go white knight for your pilots and stfu.

Lol, eat a dump truck load of crow.

11 days ago
2/8/12
HorseMeat4200 -

Iran is now admitting the obvious.

Yeah they are so stupid.  I’m surprised they find their assholes when they take a shit.

8 days ago
10/2/12

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/14/world/iran-plane-crash-video.html?smtyp=cur&smid=fb-nytimes&fbclid=IwAR0_69-c1sca4ngtomxA8jGyjJKkIq0A3-z6oRcM87JaLVCA57Sd6AGZtEk

Edited: 8 days ago
10/2/12

Iran blasted the jet with two missiles. I’m assuming both engines. The delay between the two missiles makes me think it was a human behind the button and not an automated launch. 

8 days ago
12/28/04

8 days ago
10/2/12

Thanks. I don’t even care to figure out how to post videos from articles. I blame that on trump too. 

8 days ago
1/9/02

those fucking idiots shot it with 2 missiles???

7 days ago
8/23/11
gregbrady - 

dont worry... Iran has made an arrest.

They have arrested the guy who took the video of the plane being hit by the missiles.. Thats who they have arrested.

LOL and by the sounds of things, they got the wrong guy.

What a bunch of bumbling fools

YA.. Lets let them have Nukes though.

7 days ago
1/2/15
androb -
gregbrady - 

dont worry... Iran has made an arrest.

They have arrested the guy who took the video of the plane being hit by the missiles.. Thats who they have arrested.

LOL and by the sounds of things, they got the wrong guy.

What a bunch of bumbling fools

YA.. Lets let them have Nukes though.

Fuxking Trump

Reeeeee