OtherGround Forums $20 to stream new theatrical releases?

14 days ago
9/27/15
I'm not sure if this is due to corona virus shutting down the movie theaters but seems we can stream new or current theatrical releases for $20 per movie.. Hmm I have other options but I'm curious, do you think $20 is a good price for this option? Should it be less?do you see yourself paying to watch movies this way?
14 days ago
10/15/13

This is the prelude to wiping out Movie Theaters completely. 

14 days ago
6/3/03

Purchased “Onward” for the kids and plan on purchasing the second Troll movie when it comes out. 

I think it’s fantastic and should stay in place after all of this blows over. Going to the movies is usually like $100 affair (~$70 for tickets and another $30 for snacks) so I’m more than willing to drop $20 on this. 

14 days ago
4/21/09

Pay more to watch at home than at a theater on a gigantic screen. I mean I have a 70" but nothing compares the the theater experience. 

Too much imo. I'd do $15

14 days ago
7/1/15

Where?

This is what i've always wanted.  As much as i love seeing movies, i hate the movie theater experience.  Black people and young kids always ruin the experience they don't ever shut the fuck up 

14 days ago
1/1/01

There's nothing playing now where I can't find a better choice on Netflix or Amazon Prime.

14 days ago
7/1/15
Al Cappucino -

This is the prelude to wiping out Movie Theaters completely. 

14 days ago
10/15/13
Bam57Bam -

Pay more to watch at home than at a theater on a gigantic screen. I mean I have a 70" but nothing compares the the theater experience. 

Too much imo. I'd do $15

You go to the movies by yourself?

Sad.

14 days ago
3/13/18

Quickest way to lose it to the torrent sites, imo. Not very well thought out. 
if they want to do this, theyve gotta do more than 1-off ppv. Consolidation of some movie houses and subscription based. Rival/swamp netflix for big theatrical productions. 
why it’s not happening already is surprising to be honest. 

14 days ago
7/1/15
Vegito Blue -

Where?

This is what i've always wanted.  As much as i love seeing movies, i hate the movie theater experience.  Black people and young kids always ruin the experience they don't ever shut the fuck up 

The second time i saw the newest Star Wars movie i sat next to a black couple, probably in their 30's.  I shit you not they had full on conversations during the entire movie.  And since they're black everyone is too scared to tell the to shut the fuck up....  me included i don't mess with black people lol its a lose lose situation if we're being honest

And the 6th and final time i saw Avengers Endgame, yeah that's right SIXTH time, some oldhead fell asleep and was snoring for about an hour of it.  So damn annoying

So yes i would love to buy new movies at home and i WOULD pay extra to do this 

14 days ago
7/1/15
Al Cappucino -
Bam57Bam -

Too much imo. I'd do $15

Sad.

I do often lol 

14 days ago
3/4/03
Now if I could just get one of those butter dispensers installed
14 days ago
10/15/13
Vegito Blue -
Al Cappucino -
Bam57Bam -

Too much imo. I'd do $15

Sad.

I do often lol 

I have never in my life been to a movie by myself.....or a restaraunt.....or a Turkish Bathhouse

14 days ago
1/1/01
Vegito Blue - 
Al Cappucino -
Bam57Bam -

Too much imo. I'd do $15

Sad.

I do often lol 

Going by myself is pretty much the only way I like to go now, to an early movie. My wife and kid would just ruin it for me anyway

14 days ago
7/1/15
Al Cappucino -
Vegito Blue -
Al Cappucino -
Bam57Bam -

Too much imo. I'd do $15

Sad.

I do often lol 

I have never in my life been to a movie by myself.....or a restaraunt.....or a Turkish Bathhouse

I do restaurants too, but I prefer to get drive thru then eat in my car as i watch netflix/hulu on my phone LOL

I'm in my mid 20's, me and the boys are all on different schedules between school/work so i gotta do what i gotta do 

14 days ago
3/14/04

Where can you rent them?  I haven't seen anything on Netflix or Prime.  Am I not looking in the right place?

BTW, $20 seems like way too much.  It's roughly $15 at the movie theater and you get a massive screen with a massive soundsystem, 3D for some movies, and overall a full experience.  Granted, that's per person so for a family of 4, renting at home works out to $5 each which is in fact a good deal.

But for one person watching alone it's not that great of a deal.

That said, once the movie streams, I'm sure it'll show up on a bunch of other streaming sites.  

14 days ago
7/1/15
stuvelo -
Vegito Blue - 
Al Cappucino -
Bam57Bam -

Too much imo. I'd do $15

Sad.

I do often lol 

Going by myself is pretty much the only way I like to go now, to an early movie. My wife and kid would just ruin it for me anyway

Yeah see my friends are losers they sleep in till like noon or more sometimes.  I'm up early to get a workout in then i'm ready at 10am to catch an early show where the movie ticket is cheaper too 

14 days ago
10/15/13
angryinch -

Where can you rent them?  I haven't seen anything on Netflix or Prime.  Am I not looking in the right place?

BTW, $20 seems like way too much.  It's roughly $15 at the movie theater and you get a massive screen with a massive soundsystem, 3D for some movies, and overall a full experience.  Granted, that's per person so for a family of 4, renting at home works out to $5 each which is in fact a good deal.

But for one person watching alone it's not that great of a deal.

That said, once the movie streams, I'm sure it'll show up on a bunch of other streaming sites.  

Your local cable provider

14 days ago
10/15/13
Vegito Blue -
stuvelo -
Vegito Blue - 
Al Cappucino -
Bam57Bam -

Too much imo. I'd do $15

Sad.

I do often lol 

Yeah see my friends are losers they sleep in till like noon or more sometimes.  I'm up early to get a workout in then i'm ready at 10am to catch an early show where the movie ticket is cheaper too 

Image result for tommy boy yeah losers gif

14 days ago
12/19/10

This is a great deal.  I have 3 kids.  The movies get expensive.  

14 days ago
4/18/01
Vegito Blue - 
Al Cappucino -
Bam57Bam -

Too much imo. I'd do $15

Sad.

I do often lol 

I enjoy it. I'm usually off on a Monday or a Friday, so I like to pop into the early showings. Usually like 6 people there
14 days ago
6/20/14

https://www2.f2movies.to/

Or just go to this link and save that $20 

Bucks

14 days ago
2/20/09

I can see for families this being reasonable but lacking the monster screen and sound system makes it not worth it if it’s just me and the wife.

14 days ago
1/1/01
Bam57Bam - 

Too much imo. I'd do $15

That's true for just you.

However, ever take yourself, wife, and two kids to the theatre for a new movie? Easily an $80.00 night out.

14 days ago
1/1/01

I was curious and saw this yesterday when I looked up "Invisible Man" on Amazon Prime.

$20...no thanks, that's more than I pay for Netflix and Shudder combined in a month for thousands of movies.

$10 and I'm cool with it...maybe even $12-$15...$20...I'll pass.