10/5/19 8:42 PM
6/22/09

Zibanejad starting the season on fire.

10/5/19 8:56 PM
10/5/11

https://twitter.com/Sportsnet/status/1180646866653868032?s=20

10/5/19 8:59 PM
6/22/09

That was a fight?  Two punches thrown, neither connected.

10/5/19 9:07 PM
2/14/10

Crosby picking his spots again. Pierre-Luc Dubois, racking up his second career NHL fighting major.

10/5/19 9:08 PM
3/11/09
IronHands -

Crosby picking his spots again. Pierre-Luc Dubois, racking up his second career NHL fighting major.

He's not picking his spots, Dubois hit Guentzel right in the head immediately before. Crosby just standing up for his teammate.

I agree it wasn't much of a fight...which I'm fine with. Dont really want Crosby breaking his hand on another guys helmet.

10/5/19 9:13 PM
6/22/09
Diabeetus -
IronHands -

He's not picking his spots, Dubois hit Guentzel right in the head immediately before. Crosby just standing up for his teammate.

I agree it wasn't much of a fight...which I'm fine with. Dont really want Crosby breaking his hand on another guys helmet.

True that.

Gives him a chance at the Gordie Howe hattrick too.

10/5/19 9:37 PM
5/7/08

LOL Kapanen.. what a dumb fuck

10/5/19 9:44 PM
6/22/09

MTL v TOR is a pretty fun game.

10/5/19 9:50 PM
6/22/09

Matthews also on fire.

10/5/19 10:08 PM
5/7/08

What a game... Montreal got their shit pushed in for 2 and a bit periods then stormed back like a house on fire. Great OT, and again... LOL @ Kapanen

10/5/19 10:10 PM
6/22/09
MayorPirkle -

What a game... Montreal got their shit pushed in for 2 and a bit periods then stormed back like a house on fire. Great OT, and again... LOL @ Kapanen

Price was huge in OT.

10/6/19 12:02 AM
4/18/01
Ugh, what a shitshow tonight.
10/6/19 12:07 AM
1/1/01

Leafs coughing up a 3 goal lead in the third.

I love it.

10/6/19 12:18 AM
6/9/16

Mika Zibanejad fuckin killin it in his first few games of this season. The Rangers actually look like a playoff team (I know, it's only early).  

10/6/19 12:24 AM
6/9/09

Sabres getting my hopes up. they've looked really solid the first two games.

10/6/19 12:39 AM
1/1/01
Taco Muncher - 

Mika Zibanejad fuckin killin it in his first few games of this season. The Rangers actually look like a playoff team (I know, it's only early).  

Metro going to be so tough. Rangers could be a real solid team and still miss the playoffs.
10/7/19 5:33 PM
9/13/12
MrColdCock -
Wayne Glamcock -

another wasted year in McDavid's career?

As an Oilers fan. Yes. Next year too. After that they should be in pretty good shape.

It’s going to be one playoff in six years for him. If they aren’t on track in the seventh year he’ll want out guaranteed (if he doesn’t already).

Crazy some of the “little” moves Chiarelli was allowed to make on his way out. Moving Strome (a serviceable third line center that they’re now desperate for), trading for Manning (Expensive contract minor leaguer who happened to be the guy who injured McDavid his rookie year and McDavid called him out) and signing Koskinen to a ridiculous contract literally two days before he was fired.

Think this year they will be better than last, and the year after better than next year. Chiarelli was mindblowingly bad, but at least he built a good farm team for the future. 

10/7/19 5:37 PM
9/13/12
Rhymenoceros -
MrColdCock -
Wayne Glamcock -

As an Oilers fan. Yes. Next year too. After that they should be in pretty good shape.

It’s going to be one playoff in six years for him. If they aren’t on track in the seventh year he’ll want out guaranteed (if he doesn’t already).

Crazy some of the “little” moves Chiarelli was allowed to make on his way out. Moving Strome (a serviceable third line center that they’re now desperate for), trading for Manning (Expensive contract minor leaguer who happened to be the guy who injured McDavid his rookie year and McDavid called him out) and signing Koskinen to a ridiculous contract literally two days before he was fired.

Yeah, agreed on all of that. But, it was horrific management that hired him in the first place. 

“Oh, the guy who traded Tyler Seguin for a handful of scrubs? Let’s give him the reigns and see what happens.”

So many media members were happy they hired Chiarelli and I couldn’t believe it. Word from some scouts I know is that he thought Puljujarvi could be an instant replacement for Hall (thus trading him, as well as Lucic coming in), despite scouts knowing he couldn’t make an immediate impact like Laine and projecting that it would take him a number of years to be an effective NHL player. 

10/7/19 6:06 PM
6/9/16
GOKUJITSU -
Rhymenoceros -
MrColdCock -
Wayne Glamcock -

Yeah, agreed on all of that. But, it was horrific management that hired him in the first place. 

“Oh, the guy who traded Tyler Seguin for a handful of scrubs? Let’s give him the reigns and see what happens.”

So many media members were happy they hired Chiarelli and I couldn’t believe it. Word from some scouts I know is that he thought Puljujarvi could be an instant replacement for Hall (thus trading him, as well as Lucic coming in), despite scouts knowing he couldn’t make an immediate impact like Laine and projecting that it would take him a number of years to be an effective NHL player. 

So many fuck ups in Edmonton over the years. SO MANY!!!

10/8/19 8:55 PM
6/9/16
Rhymenoceros - Speaking of fuckups, how many games will Nichushkin (Colorado) go before he scores a goal or gets called for a penalty?

Last year he went 57 games (every game he played) without a goal or a penalty, which broke the previous NHL record by like 20 games.

This year he's two games in without a goal or a penalty, which puts his streak at 59 games, but I haven't gone back to 2015-16 to see when the last time he scored or took a penalty was.

At some point he'll score or get kicked out of the league. I put the over / under at 70 total games before Colorado waives him or he breaks the streak. Anyone else want to make a prediction?

Never heard of the guy. Looked at an Avs depth chart and see he's competing with Andre Burakovsky for ice time. I didn't even realize that Colorado signed Burakovsky. Hope he can get his game on track. He underperformed with the Caps, it seems. He does have talent.  

10/8/19 8:58 PM
10/5/11

Good Lord the Dallas Stars are awful to start the season. 

10/8/19 9:28 PM
9/13/12

Good thing Calgary traded Neal for Lucic. 3 games and Neal has as many goals as Looch last season

10/8/19 9:48 PM
3/23/06

NHL is so hard to predict these days.  I remember the Vegas days I would throw down a parlay on Boston, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Tampa Bay, Anaheim, and win daily!  

I have no clue who will win this season.

10/8/19 9:55 PM
6/9/16
knockoutfighter -

NHL is so hard to predict these days.  I remember the Vegas days I would throw down a parlay on Boston, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Tampa Bay, Anaheim, and win daily!  

I have no clue who will win this season.

Not the Senators!!