OtherGround Forums 2020 NHL Stanley Cup playoffs thread

8/13/20 3:28 AM
5/7/08

What a feed by Hayes though, damn

8/13/20 3:35 PM
5/7/08

Claude Julien hospitalized due to having chest pains overnight, hope it's nothing serious.

Interesting note from Bergevin's statement that shows why Montreal is completely fucked until they get an owner with a backbone : Bergevin announces that Kirk Muller will take over for Julien as head coach in the interim, and part of his statement was "We know Kirk doesn't speak French, but these are exceptional circumstances and we're asking for your understanding". Completely fucking ridiculous that he has to include that in a statement about his coach being rushed to hospital. The Habs will wallow in mediocrity until they stop catering to the French media and start actually trying to build the best team they can.

8/13/20 3:42 PM
3/2/11
MayorPirkle -

Claude Julien hospitalized due to having chest pains overnight, hope it's nothing serious.

Interesting note from Bergevin's statement that shows why Montreal is completely fucked until they get an owner with a backbone : Bergevin announces that Kirk Muller will take over for Julien as head coach in the interim, and part of his statement was "We know Kirk doesn't speak French, but these are exceptional circumstances and we're asking for your understanding". Completely fucking ridiculous that he has to include that in a statement about his coach being rushed to hospital. The Habs will wallow in mediocrity until they stop catering to the French media and start actually trying to build the best team they can.

And the French Nazi sports anda language media run this as a story, you know they will.

"Un autre Cunneyworth?"

"Les Anglais violent nos Habitants!" 

8/13/20 3:52 PM
12/4/06
The Blues haven't looked good since the restart. I think Vancouver has a shot. Binnington was the biggest reason they won last year and hes looking average right now
8/13/20 4:24 PM
5/7/08
ChaosOverkill -
MayorPirkle -

And the French Nazi sports anda language media run this as a story, you know they will.

"Un autre Cunneyworth?"

I feel for Cunneyworth. He paid his dues in the minors, worked his way to an assistant gig in Montreal and was going to get looks for a head job somehwere. Then he gets thrust into the job in Montreal, taking over quite possibly the worst team the franchise has ever assembled, and gets absolutely shit on by the media because he can't speak fucking French to a bunch of crybaby reporters. They completely railroaded his career, the organization should pay that man a salary every year until he dies for how dirty they did him.

8/13/20 4:55 PM
11/10/08

I'm stuck at my folks house and they don't have cable.  Does anyone have a link where I can watch the games at.  Thank you.

8/13/20 5:42 PM
4/18/01
Columbus and Tampa series tied up at 1-1
8/13/20 5:46 PM
12/4/06
invalid - Columbus and Tampa series tied up at 1-1

Ya dude Columbus is going to be a tough out.
8/13/20 5:50 PM
6/27/05

Man....Crow doesn’t look good - not good for the Hawks

8/13/20 6:18 PM
3/2/11
MayorPirkle -
ChaosOverkill -
MayorPirkle -

"Un autre Cunneyworth?"

I feel for Cunneyworth. He paid his dues in the minors, worked his way to an assistant gig in Montreal and was going to get looks for a head job somehwere. Then he gets thrust into the job in Montreal, taking over quite possibly the worst team the franchise has ever assembled, and gets absolutely shit on by the media because he can't speak fucking French to a bunch of crybaby reporters. They completely railroaded his career, the organization should pay that man a salary every year until he dies for how dirty they did him.

Yup 100%

8/13/20 7:22 PM
6/27/05

Patrick Kane is one of the best players I’ve ever watched.

8/13/20 8:06 PM
3/23/06
Stu Cazzo -

Patrick Kane is one of the best players I’ve ever watched.

I feel that way about Toews.  That guy has my respect for life.  He is a true Captain.  

8/14/20 3:54 PM
10/10/05
MayorPirkle -

Kirk is my all time favorite Hab as that was when I got into hockey & they just happened to win the Cup. I was 13 years old at the time & still have my embroidered #11 MULLER jersey. If he can't get a free pass in Montreal, who can? 

8/14/20 4:17 PM
5/7/08
CryLikeAGoat -
MayorPirkle -

Kirk is my all time favorite Hab as that was when I got into hockey & they just happened to win the Cup. I was 13 years old at the time & still have my embroidered #11 MULLER jersey. If he can't get a free pass in Montreal, who can? 

They wouldn't give Saku fucking Koivu a pass, nobody is safe. The Habs could have traded for Gretzky in his prime and it would have taken 30 seconds for some asshole to complain that Wayne doesn't speak French.

I love Kirk though, and he's got the Habs rolling right now, they are kicking Philly's ass something fierce. Wake up Philly, let's go!

8/14/20 4:18 PM
6/22/09

Flyers look terrible.

Just god awful.  Not skating...can’t pass.  

Edited: 8/14/20 4:30 PM
3/2/11
CryLikeAGoat -
MayorPirkle -

No one, not even cup legends.

That's how insecure French Quebec (and the motherland Frenchies) is about it.

I'm Acadian French. We don't play that shit. They'll never hire the best candidates and they'll always ruin their own homgrown talent (that want nothing to do with playing for the Habs) in this era.

The Story of Louis Leblanc is a perfect example.

8/14/20 6:15 PM
5/7/08
ChaosOverkill -
CryLikeAGoat -
MayorPirkle -

I'm Acadian French. We don't play that shit. They'll never hire the best candidates and they'll always ruin their own homgrown talent (that want nothing to do with playing for the Habs) in this era.

To be fair, Louis Leblanc was godawful and nothing was going to turn that kid into an NHLer

8/14/20 6:42 PM
1/1/01
Stu Cazzo - 

Man....Crow doesn’t look good - not good for the Hawks

He's so hot and cold. 

He's always been either great or terrible.

Personally, I wanted them to keep Lehner and trade Crow, but they couldn't move him with that contract.

That being said, Kirby Dach looks like he's going to be a hell of a player

8/14/20 7:02 PM
1/1/01

Blues playing like crap the entire post season

8/14/20 7:04 PM
2/25/15
jman -

How bout that goal by Horvat?

8/14/20 8:39 PM
1/1/01
RosieODonnellsQueef -
jman -

How bout that goal by Horvat?

Amazing, Canucks are on fire! 

I guess I'm sexist but I can't stand women commentators in baseball and hockey 

8/14/20 8:40 PM
11/24/09
Meohfumado -

Flyers look terrible.

Just god awful.  Not skating...can’t pass.  

some veteran players need to step up giroux voracek 

Edited: 8/14/20 8:55 PM
3/2/11
MayorPirkle -
ChaosOverkill -
CryLikeAGoat -
MayorPirkle -

To be fair, Louis Leblanc was godawful and nothing was going to turn that kid into an NHLer

He was not god awful, I watched him in both minors/College and the AHL, Guy Lafleur he was not but he was  improving until they gutted the organization and the incoming coach had a bug up his ass about a specific stYYle of play that was not Louis and he/his family made mistakes about the decisions of where to play as an amateur.

There's a few articles about how being drafted by the canadians as a French kid changes your entire life in hockey, his story contains that, regardless of what you may have though of skills, and I never thought he would be a top scorer but regardless the last name made the team and French fanbase expect it for nothing more than the name and some scouts biased as such.

8/14/20 8:48 PM
2/22/13

Wanted a repeat.  Not looking hopeful.  Oh well, Blues won in my lifetime.  I’m good.

8/14/20 8:56 PM
6/27/05

The Blues are the dirtiest team in the league...makes me puke