OtherGround Forums 2020 NHL Stanley Cup playoffs thread

8/18/20 1:48 PM
12/4/06
NerveBlock - 

Blues are hopefully getting some momentum going. They’ve always been a team that relies on momentum so I’m glad they’ve got two wins finally. 

Going to Allen seemed to change the momentum...Binnington wasn't feeling it at all.
8/18/20 2:56 PM
1/5/11
WendyIDMT -

Is there a more unlikeable group of players than the Bruins.  I mean, they play in Boston with the most insufferable fans but damn, they all seem like smarmy cocksuckers.  Moreso than the Black Cocks in their hey day.

Suck a bag of cocks. Your momma must have a few bags around.

8/18/20 2:57 PM
1/5/11
MayorPirkle -
WendyIDMT -

Is there a more unlikeable group of players than the Bruins.  I mean, they play in Boston with the most insufferable fans but damn, they all seem like smarmy cocksuckers.  Moreso than the Black Cocks in their hey day.

Nobody exemplified this better than Nathan Horton. The guy was hyped big in Florida as a real talent, never did fuck all with it because he was softer than butter in July, and then seemed to grow 8 inches and think he was a tough guy when he joined Boston and had Lucic and Chara backing him up. Nathan Horton is the number 1 all time most punchable face in the league.

You guys really hate Boston. I'm guessing your team's haven't hoisted the cup since well before 2011.

8/18/20 3:00 PM
1/5/11
ABCTT Dos -
Wayne Glamcock - 

B's with the massive comeback... surprised a Brind'Amour team would fold like that 

That massive hit that MacAvoy delivered on Staal got it all started.

This hit was so huge. You could see them deflate. After I saw it, carolina was completely rattled.

Stahl is a tough prick, and a great player. The momentum shift would have been the same if they took one of our bodies out. However, CLEAN HIT. You can even see the hurricanes watching the replay, hoping it was dirty. When they saw it was clean, they just slumped in defeat.

8/18/20 4:13 PM
12/31/18

Boston VS philly is gonna be a hell of a series 

8/18/20 4:54 PM
5/7/08
choadler -
MayorPirkle -
WendyIDMT -

Nobody exemplified this better than Nathan Horton. The guy was hyped big in Florida as a real talent, never did fuck all with it because he was softer than butter in July, and then seemed to grow 8 inches and think he was a tough guy when he joined Boston and had Lucic and Chara backing him up. Nathan Horton is the number 1 all time most punchable face in the league.

You guys really hate Boston. I'm guessing your team's haven't hoisted the cup since well before 2011.

Lol how cute, you want to talk Stanley Cups. If we double your team's cups, then you're halfway to my team's total. Let me know when you make it off the kiddie table

8/18/20 5:34 PM
6/22/09

Cahtah Haht with the back to back shutouts!

Habs looked slow though.

8/18/20 7:40 PM
5/7/08
Meohfumado -

Habs looked slow though.

It's almost as if the Habs are a terribly built team who desperately needed Alexis Lafreniere and they squandered their opportunity to get him... hmmmmmmm

Philly is playing like shit, none of their big guns is going, and they're still smoking this team. Max Domi and Johnny Drouin are supposed to be the high end skill guys on the team and can't even handle a pass, it's embarassing. Fuck you Bergevin, you incompetent fuck

Edited: 8/18/20 7:46 PM
3/2/11
MayorPirkle -
Meohfumado -

Habs looked slow though.

It's almost as if the Habs are a terribly built team who desperately needed Alexis Lafreniere and they squandered their opportunity to get him... hmmmmmmm

Philly is playing like shit, none of their big guns is going, and they're still smoking this team. Max Domi and Johnny Drouin are supposed to be the high end skill guys on the team and can't even handle a pass, it's embarassing. Fuck you Bergevin, you incompetent fuck

Yup.

They missed (were well on their way to missing) the actual playoffs, they're only here on the content mandated expanded bubble playoffs and guess what?

TSN (Bell) 690 AM radio shows have been selling how awesome it is and delusionally parroting how smart Bergevin is since they got in past washed up Pittsburgh.

It's over, the franchise and city are a lost cause until Molson moves on.

8/18/20 8:05 PM
2/22/13
choadler -
WendyIDMT -

Suck a bag of cocks. Your momma must have a few bags around.

Example of said fans.  Wicked smaht and all.  Shouldn’t that be cawks?  Go have a beeyah at the bah.

8/18/20 8:05 PM
3/23/06

LETS GO STARS!!! Awesome game! 

8/18/20 8:10 PM
11/24/09
MayorPirkle -
Meohfumado -

Habs looked slow though.

to be fair no one can handle a pass the ice is terrible the puck just keeps bouncing around 

8/18/20 8:10 PM
11/24/09
Jason Watts -

if philly wins and the islanders win they would play 

8/18/20 11:30 PM
3/23/06
MayorPirkle -
WendyIDMT -

Naw... Horton was tough! And he definitely could scrap.  and if he didn’t get KO’d from that open ice check in the 2011 playoffs, Boston might not have rallied and won that epic game 7!

And imo, Bergeron is one of the best two way players in the league, year after year.  Boston has scouted some of the best talent to come into the league in the past decade.  They have shitty broadcasters and ownership but the team is awesome!  I get why people don’t like Marchand but he is one of a kind.  Dude is 5’7 and plays like he’s 6’4.  Boston is talented.  Just like Chicago they have been Cup contenders for a DECADE by keeping the top core team leaders.  

8/18/20 11:30 PM
3/23/06
akbar87 -
Jason Watts -

That’s what I predicted on my bracket challenge. 

8/19/20 2:22 AM
3/23/06

VGK advances to the Western Conference semi finals!  

8/19/20 3:16 AM
6/22/09
knockoutfighter -
akbar87 -
Jason Watts -

That’s what I predicted on my bracket challenge. 

TBH not the matchup I’d favor.

But still got the Habs to close out before worrying about next round.

8/19/20 3:51 AM
12/31/18

Down go the Blackhawks. VGK! 

8/19/20 10:31 AM
12/4/06
I hope after Calgary loses on Thursday they blow this core up and fire The GM and interm coach. Hire Gallant, Trade Johnny G for some prospects or picks and then use the cap space to sign Hall. Give Tkachuk the C and let Gio play out his contract on the second or third pairing and retire or go to Seattle.
8/19/20 10:36 AM
1/1/01

Blues -150 favorites tonight in Vegas

8/19/20 11:46 AM
5/7/08
akbar87 -
MayorPirkle -
Meohfumado -

Habs looked slow though.

to be fair no one can handle a pass the ice is terrible the puck just keeps bouncing around 

Other guys on the team aren't having the issues Drouin and especially Domi are. I get that they're beating the hell out of the ice, but it's ridiculous with those 2.

8/19/20 11:52 AM
5/7/08
knockoutfighter -
MayorPirkle -
WendyIDMT -

Naw... Horton was tough! And he definitely could scrap.  and if he didn’t get KO’d from that open ice check in the 2011 playoffs, Boston might not have rallied and won that epic game 7!

And imo, Bergeron is one of the best two way players in the league, year after year.  Boston has scouted some of the best talent to come into the league in the past decade.  They have shitty broadcasters and ownership but the team is awesome!  I get why people don’t like Marchand but he is one of a kind.  Dude is 5’7 and plays like he’s 6’4.  Boston is talented.  Just like Chicago they have been Cup contenders for a DECADE by keeping the top core team leaders.  

Horton was an absolute little bitch. Marchand also plays like a little bitch, he's very good but he certainly doesn't play like he's 6'4, come on man lol he's a skill player who creates off the rush and is easily pushed off the puck. He's an agitator but he folds to a real physical game. He's the opposite of Brendan Gallagher who doesn't have near his skill and sucks at creating plays, but grinds it out physically.

8/19/20 12:27 PM
4/18/01
going down with the CBJ ship fellas. Pour one out for me
8/19/20 1:43 PM
4/18/01
invalid - going down with the CBJ ship fellas. Pour one out for me

shit, dare I get my hopes up? 3 straight goals to take a 3-2 lead
8/19/20 2:07 PM
12/4/06
invalid - 
invalid - going down with the CBJ ship fellas. Pour one out for me

shit, dare I get my hopes up? 3 straight goals to take a 3-2 lead