OtherGround Forums 2020 NHL Stanley Cup playoffs thread

9/4/20 7:15 PM
3/23/06

Cogliano was benched and replaced by this kid, he won the game for them!!!!
9/4/20 7:26 PM
10/5/11

Such an amazing game and series. I was on pins and needles the last few hours. Stomach churning and all that. I still can't believe we won. AVS were very tough despite all those injuries. I hope it's Vegas in the conference final. 

9/4/20 7:26 PM
9/5/12

Well, at least there’s no Bruins or Blues.

9/4/20 7:29 PM
10/5/11
MayorPirkle -

How could anyone neutral root for Dallas over Colorado? Fuck this, the conference finals just got a lot less fun to watch

Stars are playing some exciting hockey right now. That was one of the highest scoring series ever. 

9/4/20 7:41 PM
3/23/06
MayorPirkle -

How could anyone neutral root for Dallas over Colorado? Fuck this, the conference finals just got a lot less fun to watch

What’s your beef with Dallas?  Lol

They have an exciting team, when they’re on their game they are fun to watch!  

I am neutral when it comes to Dallas.  I like them because they have an exciting team.  They also have talented players that are known to the mainstream from the Olympics games, All Star games, etc.  Guys like Jamie Benn, Tyler Seguin, Joe Pavelski, Corey Perry. 

Dallas offense is hot and cold but when it’s on it on.  Besides the 4 guys I listed above, I also like watching Hintz, Comeau, Faksa, and Radulov, they can both score and be physical. 

Dallas defense is a weakness but they have talent and promise in Miro Heiskanen, he was a top draft pick #3 overall (picked before Cale Makar #4).  I thought Sekera was over the hill and he gets a beautiful OT assist. 

Goaltending is definitely a problem, 4 goals against is not good in playoffs.  I don’t think Ben Bishop is on his game, and he’s rightfully benched.  However, Khudobin is playing great considering his stature.. he’s an aging veteran in the league, and has always been a backup goalie for like a decade.  Teams can really get a lot of momentum and rally behind a goaltending story like this.  But he needs to strip his game up in the Western Conference Finals! 

9/4/20 7:50 PM
3/23/06
Thai Dye -

Such an amazing game and series. I was on pins and needles the last few hours. Stomach churning and all that. I still can't believe we won. AVS were very tough despite all those injuries. I hope it's Vegas in the conference final. 

Same here!  And Dallas isn’t even my team.  I’m going to be torn if it’s Dallas vs Vegas.  I lived in Vegas during their inaugural season and went to the games so they became my default #2 team.  They have a crazy ass fan base.

9/4/20 8:49 PM
3/23/06

VGK vs VAN game 7 ... starts in 30 mins

9/4/20 9:15 PM
3/23/06

9/4/20 9:34 PM
7/5/13
drywallerdave -

Fuck Stan kronke and any team he owns!!!

i was rooting for the stars ?? 

Go Avs, but fuck Kronke

9/4/20 10:19 PM
5/7/08
knockoutfighter -
MayorPirkle -

I am neutral when it comes to Dallas.  I like them because they have an exciting team.  They also have talented players that are known to the mainstream from the Olympics games, All Star games, etc.  Guys like Jamie Benn, Tyler Seguin, Joe Pavelski, Corey Perry. 

Dallas offense is hot and cold but when it’s on it on.  Besides the 4 guys I listed above, I also like watching Hintz, Comeau, Faksa, and Radulov, they can both score and be physical. 

Dallas defense is a weakness but they have talent and promise in Miro Heiskanen, he was a top draft pick #3 overall (picked before Cale Makar #4).  I thought Sekera was over the hill and he gets a beautiful OT assist. 

Goaltending is definitely a problem, 4 goals against is not good in playoffs.  I don’t think Ben Bishop is on his game, and he’s rightfully benched.  However, Khudobin is playing great considering his stature.. he’s an aging veteran in the league, and has always been a backup goalie for like a decade.  Teams can really get a lot of momentum and rally behind a goaltending story like this.  But he needs to strip his game up in the Western Conference Finals! 

I have nothing specifically against Dallas, but Colorado is infinitely more fun to watch. Heiskanen is the only guy really exciting on Dallas, the other guys you mentioned (Perry, Pavelski, Benn) are effective but boring. Give me MacKinnon and Makar any day

9/4/20 10:36 PM
4/6/19

Reaves with the headshot... scum.

9/4/20 11:01 PM
10/5/11
MayorPirkle -
knockoutfighter -
MayorPirkle -

I have nothing specifically against Dallas, but Colorado is infinitely more fun to watch. Heiskanen is the only guy really exciting on Dallas, the other guys you mentioned (Perry, Pavelski, Benn) are effective but boring. Give me MacKinnon and Makar any day

Check out Dennis guiranov. Dude had a four goal game and has speed that rivals mcdavid. 

9/4/20 11:50 PM
3/23/06

VEGAS VS DALLAS BABY!  I’m stoked at least one of them is guaranteed to make the cup finals.  

9/4/20 11:52 PM
3/23/06
MayorPirkle -
knockoutfighter -
MayorPirkle -

I agree with you on Colorado.  They are definitely fun to watch.  

9/4/20 11:53 PM
4/6/19
knockoutfighter -

VEGAS VS DALLAS BABY!  I’m stoked at least one of them is guaranteed to make the cup finals.  

scum town vs big D

does reaves get supplemental discipline? as the BLM rep he really should be held to a higher standard hahaha

9/5/20 12:02 AM
3/23/06

9/5/20 12:02 AM
3/23/06

9/5/20 12:03 AM
3/23/06
Wayne Glamcock -
knockoutfighter -

scum town vs big D

does reaves get supplemental discipline? as the BLM rep he really should be held to a higher standard hahaha

Lol.  I fully expect him to get suspended. 

9/5/20 12:04 AM
4/6/19
knockoutfighter -
Wayne Glamcock -
knockoutfighter -

scum town vs big D

I'm just a bit salty right now hah

9/5/20 12:10 AM
3/23/06

9/5/20 12:11 AM
3/23/06

Nevada vs Texas
9/5/20 12:12 AM
2/25/15
knockoutfighter -

Nevada vs Texas

K man, we get it. 

9/5/20 12:13 AM
3/23/06
Wayne Glamcock -
knockoutfighter -
Wayne Glamcock -
knockoutfighter -

scum town vs big D

I'm just a bit salty right now hah

The vegas fans were amazing the first two seasons but lately they’ve become snobs online!  They got spoiled big time after making the finals in 2018.  Now they literally complain about anything less than perfection.

9/5/20 12:15 AM
3/23/06

for Rosie ;--)
Edited: 9/5/20 12:22 AM
3/2/11

Wanted Vegas to win but fuck me Demko is impressive.

2 goals on 123 shots in three elimination games