OtherGround Forums 2020 NHL Stanley Cup playoffs thread

8/3/20 2:17 PM
5/7/08
knockoutfighter -
Jason Watts -
knockoutfighter -

captain of a hockey team. what his house looks like. lol

And this is in California, imagine in a Midwest town. 

I was waiting to see if anyone could figure out who’s house it was.  lol.  CA is even more impressive! 

Who is it? Kopitar? Getzlaf?

8/3/20 2:50 PM
6/22/09
MayorPirkle -
knockoutfighter -
Jason Watts -
knockoutfighter -

captain of a hockey team. what his house looks like. lol

And this is in California, imagine in a Midwest town. 

I was waiting to see if anyone could figure out who’s house it was.  lol.  CA is even more impressive! 

Who is it? Kopitar? Getzlaf?

Getzlaf

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/31781-Secoya-Way-Coto-De-Caza-CA-92679/25617891_zpid/?utm_campaign=iosappemail&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=emailshare

Just got put up for sale for under 11 million.

8/3/20 3:02 PM
6/7/05
Go CANES!
8/3/20 3:23 PM
4/18/01

Toronto Sun is pretty butthurt

https://torontosun.com/sports/hockey/nhl/toronto-maple-leafs/blue-jackets-simply-sucked-the-life-out-of-leafs-vaunted-attack

8/3/20 7:02 PM
7/29/13
sadic1 - Go CANES!

This

8/3/20 9:54 PM
12/31/18

Go VGK. What a comeback! 

penguins cannot get anything done on the power play. They cannot let the canadiens stay in this and potentially take this one. 

8/3/20 9:59 PM
5/7/08
invalid -

Toronto Sun is pretty butthurt

https://torontosun.com/sports/hockey/nhl/toronto-maple-leafs/blue-jackets-simply-sucked-the-life-out-of-leafs-vaunted-attack

I saw it was by Steve Simmons so I knew it would be drivel, but holy shit...

"Outside, there was no sound, no fury, nothing that would lead us to believe it was game night, the opener for the playoffs, the game that gets us most excited in this place where hockey and breaths and occasionally indoors Sunday night died just a little bit."

A professional writer wrote that? Seriously?

8/3/20 10:05 PM
11/11/13
MayorPirkle -
CryLikeAGoat -
MayorPirkle -
CryLikeAGoat -
Isaac Fookin' Nootin -
RJJH -

I dont see montreal stealing another game, let alone two.

flames looked good last night.

Blackhawks were amazing, two spot from my boy Toews, and that rookie is playing spectacular.

I can see them stealing another one, this format is unprecedented. These 5 game series are a killer too, lose the 1st game and you need to win 3 of 4 to take the series.

Imagine the 2 top seeds in this qualifying round Pitts/Edm going out. You lose both McDavid and Crosby in the 1st week. 

As a Montreal fan, I was just hoping for them to keep it competitive. Now that we got game 1, I'm way more hopeful about taking the series. 

What kind of Montreal fan actually wants them to win this series? The fuck?

I've never been one to want to see my team lose. Hockey is one of those sports that any team can go all the way, especially in a year like this. Also, a goalie like Price can carry the team if he stays hot.  Winning this series will also help to breed a winning culture. 

This team has no shot of winning the cup. They need Lafreniere, and bad. Get Lafreniere, fire Julien and Bergy, and then let's start building that winning culture.

You say get Lafrenier like it's a given if they lose. 

They still only have a 12% chance of landing him if they lose. You never take those odds.

8/3/20 10:06 PM
8/1/13
Jason Watts -

Go VGK. What a comeback! 

penguins cannot get anything done on the power play. They cannot let the canadiens stay in this and potentially take this one. 

Just won some cash on them. Thought it was over.

8/3/20 11:11 PM
8/1/13

The pace of this Edm Chi game is incredible

8/4/20 12:20 AM
11/5/13

Let's go Oilers!!!

8/4/20 12:35 AM
3/23/06

Chicago vs Oilers game is great!!! 

8/4/20 12:40 AM
7/29/13

I just realized I have no idea how these brackets work. I assumed it was like normal playoffs. So 4 teams get to move on from the 5 game series and then the round robin teams get in no matter what, they are just playing for the 1-4 seeds?

8/4/20 12:41 AM
10/14/19

The fake crowd noise is just so, so, so stupid.

8/4/20 1:11 PM
5/7/08
Isaac Fookin' Nootin -
MayorPirkle -
CryLikeAGoat -
MayorPirkle -
CryLikeAGoat -
Isaac Fookin' Nootin -
RJJH -

I dont see montreal stealing another game, let alone two.

flames looked good last night.

Blackhawks were amazing, two spot from my boy Toews, and that rookie is playing spectacular.

I can see them stealing another one, this format is unprecedented. These 5 game series are a killer too, lose the 1st game and you need to win 3 of 4 to take the series.

Imagine the 2 top seeds in this qualifying round Pitts/Edm going out. You lose both McDavid and Crosby in the 1st week. 

As a Montreal fan, I was just hoping for them to keep it competitive. Now that we got game 1, I'm way more hopeful about taking the series. 

What kind of Montreal fan actually wants them to win this series? The fuck?

I've never been one to want to see my team lose. Hockey is one of those sports that any team can go all the way, especially in a year like this. Also, a goalie like Price can carry the team if he stays hot.  Winning this series will also help to breed a winning culture. 

This team has no shot of winning the cup. They need Lafreniere, and bad. Get Lafreniere, fire Julien and Bergy, and then let's start building that winning culture.

You say get Lafrenier like it's a given if they lose. 

They still only have a 12% chance of landing him if they lose. You never take those odds.

They have way less than 12% chance of winning the cup.

8/4/20 1:14 PM
3/11/09
MojoSoDope -

I just realized I have no idea how these brackets work. I assumed it was like normal playoffs. So 4 teams get to move on from the 5 game series and then the round robin teams get in no matter what, they are just playing for the 1-4 seeds?

Correct.

8/4/20 1:14 PM
5/7/08

Mike Tirico is amazing, this dude sounds like he's been calling hockey for years. A real true professional and a joy to listen to, hats off to him

8/4/20 6:48 PM
6/22/09

I was stuck in a meeting, and could only see Muzzin on the ice, not hear what was going on.

What  happened?

8/4/20 7:55 PM
12/31/18
MojoSoDope -

Yes, they were the top 4 teams in each conference. They got a bye round. The remaining 8 are fighting for the wild card so to speak 

8/4/20 9:44 PM
11/11/13
Meohfumado -

I was stuck in a meeting, and could only see Muzzin on the ice, not hear what was going on.

What  happened?

Little shove/cross check from behind by Dubois (nothing dirty, or that doesn't happen 20+ times a game), however Muzzin bounced off the boards and awkwardly slammed his neck into the back of another players leg. Seemed more precautionary than anything, but he was taken to hospital.

What's interesting now is that regardless of injury/no injury, Muzzin has left the "bubble" and is suppose to quarantine from 4 to 14 days when he returns. 

Edited: 8/4/20 10:53 PM
10/10/05

Are they going to pipe in the crowd boos when Betman awards the Cup? 

8/4/20 11:29 PM
3/16/11
CryLikeAGoat -

I hope gets knocked out by a virtual squid. 

8/5/20 1:05 AM
7/29/13

Hurricanes are getting shit done. Hell yeah 

8/5/20 3:52 AM
6/22/09
CryLikeAGoat -

They've actually mentioned that they might.

8/5/20 9:57 AM
5/7/08
MojoSoDope -

Hurricanes are getting shit done. Hell yeah 

They very quietly built a nasty, nasty lineup. If they had a goalie they'd be unstoppable. Aho is one of the best players in the game, he's filthy. Teravainen is amazing, Svechnilov has been a beast... their depth players are top notch, guys like Foegele and Staal. Their defense is great too and they're without Dougie Hamilton right now on top of it.