9/13/20 12:15 PM
2/25/03

It begins today, gentlemen. 

9/13/20 12:17 PM
2/25/03

Today's opponent:

9/13/20 12:29 PM
9/13/14

Rodgers doesn't have a whole lot of years left. Another Super Bowl win will make a stronger case for Rodgers being talked about as one of the all time greats. I'm hoping this is the year they finally get it done.

Edited: 9/13/20 12:31 PM
5/22/17

Road to a dumpster fire 

9/13/20 12:32 PM
10/8/07

Cautiously in.

No big expectations for this season. Had a deep WR draft and didn't get Rodgers any help.

Edited: 9/13/20 2:34 PM
1/1/01

Aaron's going to love this year.

9/13/20 12:34 PM
2/25/03
VFR - 

Rodgers doesn't have a whole lot of years left. Another Super Bowl win will make a stronger case for Rodgers being talked about as one of the all time greats. I'm hoping this is the year they finally get it done.

Meh, he's already an all-time great. The guy carries the team on his back year after year. If lionsoul was still posting, he'd be dropping all of the insane stats about Rodgers and how their historically shitty defenses multiple years denied him multiple extra SBs.

9/13/20 12:49 PM
9/13/14
rufus -
VFR - 

Meh, he's already an all-time great. The guy carries the team on his back year after year. If lionsoul was still posting, he'd be dropping all of the insane stats about Rodgers and how their historically shitty defenses multiple years denied him multiple extra SBs.

Yes that's what I'm saying. He's already one of the best of all time based on stats. But he often gets left off the GOAT list because he only has 1 super bowl win. So winning another would make an even stronger case for him to be on a list that he rightfully belongs on.

Not sure if my first post came across the wrong way or was worded incorrectly but Rodgers is my favorite QB. I agree that he has to carry the team most years because of shitty defense, coaching, running game, etc. If he had a decent team no doubt he would have multiple super bowl wins by now.

9/13/20 1:07 PM
11/11/12

ooga booga
9/13/20 4:37 PM
3/22/20
GO PACK GO!

I liked what I saw today!
9/14/20 4:14 AM
2/25/03

Lots to like, a few things I didn't like. How is KC? Defense gave up that TD WAY too easy on the first drive, toughened up after that. 23 made plays, going to be a Pro Bowler this year. Drops again. 83 and even 17 dropped a TD. That said, nice game by 17 and 12 was as sharp as I've seen him in recent years. I know what MLF was trying to do, as far as keeping the O conservative early to open stuff up later, and it worked. 81 is already a better player than Sternberger. Excellent block on the end around that freed up Lazard.  Wasted 3rd rounder on Sternberger.

9/14/20 4:15 AM
2/25/03

Where's my boy Caveman Dave?

9/14/20 4:17 AM
2/25/03
VFR - 
rufus -
VFR - 

Yes that's what I'm saying. He's already one of the best of all time based on stats. But he often gets left off the GOAT list because he only has 1 super bowl win. So winning another would make an even stronger case for him to be on a list that he rightfully belongs on.

Not sure if my first post came across the wrong way or was worded incorrectly but Rodgers is my favorite QB. I agree that he has to carry the team most years because of shitty defense, coaching, running game, etc. If he had a decent team no doubt he would have multiple super bowl wins by now.

No worries, my bro. Sorry if I came off too defensive. I would argue 12 is a top 3 QB of all time.

9/14/20 4:31 AM
8/31/10

Ah fuck! In for November 1st redemption game. Until then, I'll just grab a seat over here...

skol (lower case with no exclamation marks after today's awful humbling).

9/14/20 4:40 AM
12/26/05
rufus -

Riding the green and gold bandwagon of course.

On the way to the superbowl

9/14/20 4:57 AM
2/25/03
CavemanDave - 
rufus -

Riding the green and gold bandwagon of course.

On the way to the superbowl

DAVE! DAVE! DAVE! 

Wouldn't be a Packer thread without you.

9/14/20 4:59 AM
3/28/05
Good game. All the jet sweeps, etc., reminded me of a Badger game. Future opponents will scheme better to stop that, but it worked today.

My concerns:

1. Looked to me like Keke (96) is terrible. I also think Gary (52) will continue to be a bust, but at least he made one play today.

2. How can #58 be slower than Kirk Cousins? On that one scramble it didn't look like he was even gaining ground on him. Not sure he will be an upgrade from Martinez, but I agree with not resigning Martinez based on what we were getting out of him

3. #87 is not going to do anything for us, and 81 will take his playing time.

4. Still no real option to throw to other than 17. IT's amazing to me that teams don't just triple team him and watch our other receivers just drop the ball. I envision a lot of throws to rbs this year on checkoffs when 17 is quadruple covered.
9/14/20 5:20 AM
1/9/02

lol @ a white guy admmiting hes an NFL fan

embarassing

9/14/20 5:26 AM
2/25/03
seg - Good game. All the jet sweeps, etc., reminded me of a Badger game. Future opponents will scheme better to stop that, but it worked today.

My concerns:

1. Looked to me like Keke (96) is terrible. I also think Gary (52) will continue to be a bust, but at least he made one play today.

2. How can #58 be slower than Kirk Cousins? On that one scramble it didn't look like he was even gaining ground on him. Not sure he will be an upgrade from Martinez, but I agree with not resigning Martinez based on what we were getting out of him

3. #87 is not going to do anything for us, and 81 will take his playing time.

4. Still no real option to throw to other than 17. IT's amazing to me that teams don't just triple team him and watch our other receivers just drop the ball. I envision a lot of throws to rbs this year on checkoffs when 17 is quadruple covered.

Agree with everything you said there, and yes, it did seem eerily like a Badger game. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I assume MLF is setting up future opponents to scheme for that, then using the same formation to go downfield. Like a play action with a wrinkle.

9/14/20 5:26 AM
2/25/03
gregbrady - 

embarassing

I'm 1/64 Tibetan.

9/14/20 5:41 AM
12/26/05

Things I posted in another thread.

It appears pettine is going to be less creative with the IBLs and leave them sit to have the other more talented pools of players on D do cutsie shit, shifts, blitzes...at least that what happened this game from what I saw. 

This is good.  You're never going to have a team where every position is a premier player. Leave those fuckers alone and use your actual premier players at other positions to try and make impact plays on defense.

Also the WR position looks more serviceable than I thought.  Lazard looks like somebody who's confident rather than somebody trying to prove he can play.  MVS looks much better all around especially in route running...except for the fucking stonehands.  We can cure him of that and we might actually be at risk of having some quality play beyond Adams.

Both Ds were a sloppy fucking mess by the 4th.  I expect this to continue...defensive play around the league looked like dogshit generally and it will probably be halfway through October before they start to shape the fuck up.

9/14/20 9:35 AM
3/18/02

fuckin Rodgers killed me in fantasy ball

actually I think we will still win the week but its gonna be close due to those 4 fuckin TDs lol 

9/14/20 10:18 AM
9/22/09

I missed the game because I was working on my patio.  But Im so happy about the result.  Go pack go!

9/14/20 10:27 AM
1/1/01
rufus - 
gregbrady - 

embarassing

I'm 1/64 Tibetan.

#FreeGOPTibet

9/14/20 10:29 AM
7/8/14

Figured they'd win but pleasantly surprised by some of the things I saw, especially for it being week 1 with no preseason.

Go Pack Go!