OtherGround Forums 2020 USA Flu Deaths 16K Coronavirus Deaths=9

2/26/20 11:39 PM
10/27/03
Burt Macklin FBI - 
The_Pundits_Ghost -
camicom -
The_Pundits_Ghost -

Not sure what your point is?

i agree there is no point getting in hysterics, but lack of planning and prevention is what stops these things from getting out of control. Would you prefer that people didn’t talk about it?

ive never understood the arguments like this-  but but the flu!  What’s your fucking point dum dum?! The flu sucks too

The MSM is talking about this shit like it Captain Tripps, and its not even close. MY point is its overblown nonsense. The regular flu in the USA this year has already killed 4x more people than the entire worldwide death toll.

WHO the fuck is Captain Tripps? Does he have Corona? Fuck that guy- we were never friends

The walking man is going to get this guy for not knowing

I answered an email about Coronavirus with the line 'Baby can you dig your man?' and no one knew what the hell I was talking about lol

Who doesn't know The Stand?!

....I'll give millennials a pass, but if you're in the 40-60 age range, wtf?
2/26/20 11:40 PM
12/28/12
Res ipsa loquitar -
jcblass -
hermanitor - The flu has a mortality rate of.1% and an R0 of about 1.2

This seems to have a mortality rate of 2% and an R0 between 4 and 5.

These results are likely flawed due to China being China.

The moral of the story is that this spreads way faster and is way more dangerous than the flu

and who is the flu killing? 90 year olds with broken hips? 

People with cancer and other illnesses that damage the immune system

Bad news for old people with cancer

2/26/20 11:59 PM
9/23/13
Poiupoiu -

i was so fcuked the day the govment closed everything.

luckily i was far enough away from wuhan the grocerys stores opened after a while.

How about now? Are you stocked up on supplies? Or do you think the worst is over where you’re at?

2/27/20 12:19 AM
1/1/01
camicom -

The overblown ridiculous of this is shocking. I remember when AIDS, SARS, EBOLA, and the Bird Flu killed everyone. How is anyone left?

Since the Reagan administration is well-known to have acted passively in the face of what was then a relatively unknown killer disease, AIDS is really not the example you want to include to make people feel better about Trump's approach. 

2/27/20 12:24 AM
4/18/01
OP is one of the worst, most divisive posters active here. Give it a fucking rest dude
2/27/20 12:35 AM
1/1/01
camicom - 

The overblown ridiculous of this is shocking. I remember when AIDS, SARS, EBOLA, and the Bird Flu killed everyone. How is anyone left?

Even if the virus dies right now and it's all over, it's already had a devestating effect on China, Iran, South Korea and Italy.  As far as I can recall, Aids, Sars, Ebola and the bird flu didn't grind their countries to a halt.

The concern isn't where sar-cov-2 is right now in the U.S., it's that we might end up where they are in a few weeks.  I asked microbiologynerd his opinion a month ago and he said he thought it was mostly media hype and China's lack of healthcare and hygiene.   Now that it's ravaging other countries we can no longer attribute it to that.

2/27/20 12:44 AM
7/31/09
invalid - OP is one of the worst, most divisive posters active here. Give it a fucking rest dude

Actually I think everyone is pretty united against him on this one lol

2/27/20 1:02 AM
7/26/12
evh -
Res ipsa loquitar -
jcblass -

The moral of the story is that this spreads way faster and is way more dangerous than the flu

Anyone with cancer is susceptible 

2/27/20 1:08 AM
7/26/12
Soup and Beer -
camicom - 

Even if the virus dies right now and it's all over, it's already had a devestating effect on China, Iran, South Korea and Italy.  As far as I can recall, Aids, Sars, Ebola and the bird flu didn't grind their countries to a halt.

The concern isn't where sar-cov-2 is right now in the U.S., it's that we might end up where they are in a few weeks.  I asked microbiologynerd his opinion a month ago and he said he thought it was mostly media hype and China's lack of healthcare and hygiene.   Now that it's ravaging other countries we can no longer attribute it to that.

Early to say, but the most affected have been South Korea with a death cult running amok spreading it and Italy where apparently they fucked up in the hospital with pt zero then doctors, nurses and visitors spread it(apparently its a vacation period too so lots of traveling) 

The kicker being they don’t know how pt 0 aquired  it. It will spread and maybe we will look back at some point and read countless stories of stupid human folly and selfishness that spreads this to in fathomable levels.

2/27/20 1:40 AM
11/11/14

I always have about a 6 month supply of food and water in the house at all times. It can be done very cheaply. Of course, none of my neighbors are aware of this. Just my wife (and the OG)

2/27/20 1:42 AM
11/11/14

I think Europe is bound for trouble. An acquaintance of mine just arrived in Portugal from China (via an intermediary country or two) and he said the Portuguese weren't even checking body temperature at the airport. I think it's the least they should be doing. 

2/27/20 1:47 AM
3/23/12

2/27/20 1:59 AM
6/5/02
Res ipsa loquitar -
jcblass -

You should research Spanish Flu - when it first appeared it’s mortality patterns were like normal flu - killing the old and infirm but within a year it had mutated and started killing ages between 20-40 in the TENS OF MILLIONS

You simply cannot afford to let something like this get out of control

2/27/20 4:24 AM
10/27/03
Res ipsa loquitar -
evh -
Res ipsa loquitar -
jcblass -

...especially to dying from cancer 

2/27/20 4:57 AM
3/23/07

I think this might be the dumbest thread I’ve ever seen, and that’s saying a lot.

2/27/20 5:56 AM
11/20/13

This is what Trumpism does for you. You end up more loyal to Trump than to mankind.

2/27/20 6:58 AM
3/18/14

Turn the t.v. off 

2/27/20 7:14 AM
2/19/14

So, explain this coronavirus to me like I'm stupid. Does it only effect people with a weakened immune system? How is it killing people? Fucking their lungs up and shutting down organs? I remember one of the 1st us citizens who had it, was in the hospital and got released, so apparently they fixed him. Do they just treat the symptoms and just let it run it's course?

Do i need to stock up on food, water and ammo?

Is it time to go out and rape\pillage yet?

2/27/20 7:36 AM
5/22/05

Japan is shutting schools for a month.

Edited: 2/27/20 8:49 AM
3/23/12
youarewhatiswrong -

Please pay attention to this.  I like your threads, OP, but this one is stupid and poorly informed.  This is going to cause an economic downturn.  Trump needs to be able to point to it as the cause for the downturn, not his economic policies.  Downplaying the severity of it will only weaken that case.  

2/27/20 8:50 AM
2/22/09

Don't listen to them OP. Your threads are the best.

MAGA!

2/27/20 9:03 AM
8/2/19
Res ipsa loquitar -
evh -
Res ipsa loquitar -
jcblass -

Cancer doesn't generally harm the immune system, chemotherapy does. 

2/27/20 9:05 AM
8/2/19
evh -
Res ipsa loquitar -
jcblass -

I sometimes wonder what percentage of the population is *this* level of stupid.  I don't think it can be a significant portion, but sometimes I wonder.

2/27/20 9:17 AM
5/13/11
camicom -
The_Pundits_Ghost -

Not sure what your point is?

i agree there is no point getting in hysterics, but lack of planning and prevention is what stops these things from getting out of control. Would you prefer that people didn’t talk about it?

ive never understood the arguments like this-  but but the flu!  What’s your fucking point dum dum?! The flu sucks too

The MSM is talking about this shit like it Captain Tripps, and its not even close. MY point is its overblown nonsense. The regular flu in the USA this year has already killed 4x more people than the entire worldwide death toll.

Jesus you're being obtuse. 

'Dude bro! This things that's been around for centuries has a higher death toll than this outbreak that started a few months ago!'

2/27/20 9:21 AM
5/13/11
Soup and Beer -
Poiupoiu - 

at this point i dont even know what the above posts means.

i can say, get prepped

its real, and its contagious

do you have 30+ days of food and water on hand?

Yes sir, I do.

And I partially attribute that to you.  

If the OG"s resident sceptic is going Alex Jones on everyone then it's time to prepare!

Hahaha very valid point.