OtherGround Forums 2020 USA Flu Deaths 16K Coronavirus Deaths=9

2/27/20 9:25 AM
1/12/07
invalid - OP is one of the worst, most divisive posters active here. Give it a fucking rest dude

Wrong. He's consistent.

2/27/20 9:30 AM
5/13/11
SpunQ -
invalid - OP is one of the worst, most divisive posters active here. Give it a fucking rest dude

Wrong. He's consistent.

Not mutually exclusive. 

He is consistently one of the worst, most divisive posters active here.

Still accurate. 

2/27/20 9:35 AM
7/22/09

OP loves when you bump his threads, so..

TTT

2/27/20 9:40 AM
9/13/08
camicom - 

The overblown ridiculous of this is shocking. I remember when AIDS, SARS, EBOLA, and the Bird Flu killed everyone. How is anyone left?

I think they are more worried about the mortality rate, my friend.

Nothing wrong with being knowledgeable and prepared...

Since when HASN'T the media sensationalized? This is serious, however, I will say......
2/27/20 9:49 AM
1/2/15
camicom -

The overblown ridiculous of this is shocking. I remember when AIDS, SARS, EBOLA, and the Bird Flu killed everyone. How is anyone left?

Did the flu force shut downs? 

Nope. 

Did companies lower their guidance due to the flu? 

Nope 

This is nothing like the flu. It's hitting supply and the markets act accordingly. 

What happens if tsmc shuts down? They make a lot of chips for American semis. 

2/27/20 10:58 AM
2/2/12

Comicon delivers!

Dummies unite! 

2/27/20 11:00 AM
1/1/01
camicom -

Well, don't count your virus deaths just yet, Pence, a holy roler, is slated to be the new virus czar. Hopefully, prayer alone will make it go away.

2/27/20 11:37 AM
1/2/15
ReneH -
camicom -

Well, don't count your virus deaths just yet, Pence, a holy roler, is slated to be the new virus czar. Hopefully, prayer alone will make it go away.

We should have put a liberal in charge so anyone infected can just identify as healthy and be good. 

2/27/20 11:44 AM
1/1/01

We are still allowing flights from Italy and South Korea.  It's almost like they've given up before it's even started here.

2/27/20 11:52 AM
5/13/11

2/27/20 11:57 AM
1/12/07
Junnk - 
camicom -

Did the flu force shut downs? 

Nope. 

Did companies lower their guidance due to the flu? 

Nope 

This is nothing like the flu. It's hitting supply and the markets act accordingly. 

What happens if tsmc shuts down? They make a lot of chips for American semis. 

This is where the smart vs dumb argument comes.

DUMB -> OMG VIRUS

SMART -> BUT WHY?

Location, time frame , selective leaks ? Whats the purpose? Nothing to see here. 

2/27/20 12:16 PM
1/7/09

People downplaying it are morons. It is multiple times more transmissible than the flu and it appears that 20% of the cases become critical to the point of requiring hospitalization and mechanical ventilation. 

Do the math, the risk is not that it'll just kill everyone, the risk is that the numbers could get out of control and overwhelm hospitals leading to much higher mortality rates when that 20% cant get adequate care.

2/27/20 12:24 PM
9/13/08
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

Lol.....

Good stuff
2/27/20 3:02 PM
7/31/09
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -

I laughed 

2/27/20 3:27 PM
11/1/03
turducken -

People downplaying it are morons. It is multiple times more transmissible than the flu and it appears that 20% of the cases become critical to the point of requiring hospitalization and mechanical ventilation. 

Do the math, the risk is not that it'll just kill everyone, the risk is that the numbers could get out of control and overwhelm hospitals leading to much higher mortality rates when that 20% cant get adequate care.

I won't argue with your assement, it could happen. But it also could go away with little effect on us. Why panic now? Monitoring the situation and adding resources where needed is probably the right thing to do.

2/27/20 4:04 PM
1/7/09
jpm995 -
turducken -

I won't argue with your assement, it could happen. But it also could go away with little effect on us. Why panic now? Monitoring the situation and adding resources where needed is probably the right thing to do.

No one is saying panic. But it's a lot easier to prepare when things are calm than when they aren't. The government is not acting for maximum containment, they're trying to balance managing its spread with other interests.

Wash your hands well everytime you come home. Dont touch your face. Have a few weeks worth of nonperishable food. Avoid crowds or close contact with other people wherever possible. That's not panicking, it's just basic common sense. 

2/27/20 4:14 PM
8/2/19
jpm995 -
turducken -

lol @ pretending that someone is saying the solution to this is that we should panic.

2/27/20 4:29 PM
3/23/07
jpm995 -
turducken -

Even if the virus itself doesn’t have a major effect on us, the logistics butterfly effect will.

Just one example: Businesses which rely on Chinese parts to make their products will be hurt, possibly irreparably by this.

2/27/20 4:41 PM
3/23/12
turducken -
jpm995 -
turducken -

No one is saying panic. But it's a lot easier to prepare when things are calm than when they aren't. The government is not acting for maximum containment, they're trying to balance managing its spread with other interests.

Wash your hands well everytime you come home. Dont touch your face. Have a few weeks worth of nonperishable food. Avoid crowds or close contact with other people wherever possible. That's not panicking, it's just basic common sense. 

So should I panic publicly, or do it in the privacy of my home?  I want to make sure I’m doing this right.  

2/27/20 4:49 PM
1/1/01
youarewhatiswrong - 
turducken -
jpm995 -
turducken -

So should I panic publicly, or do it in the privacy of my home?  I want to make sure I’m doing this right.  

I think the point is get a bunch of canned goods and supplies to last you a month or so.  If they start quarantining cities you won't have to deal with the ones who are panic buying everything on the shelves.  If nothing happens, you won't need to go to the store for a month or two then.

2/27/20 4:57 PM
4/11/08
youarewhatiswrong - 
turducken -
jpm995 -
turducken -

If you're smart you'll skip the panicking and get to stocking up on supplies.

Get canned food, water, go to the Dr. and get anti-biotics, try to avoid touching your face, Etc.

This is a real deal problem. Pandemics are dangerous and in the past have killed millions. This seems significantly more contagious that the flu of 1918. Are you aware of how that went?
2/27/20 5:00 PM
3/23/12
hermanitor -
youarewhatiswrong - 
turducken -
jpm995 -
turducken -

If you're smart you'll skip the panicking and get to stocking up on supplies.

Get canned food, water, go to the Dr. and get anti-biotics, try to avoid touching your face, Etc.

This is a real deal problem. Pandemics are dangerous and in the past have killed millions. This seems significantly more contagious that the flu of 1918. Are you aware of how that went?

Yeah I already stocked up on dried beans, dehydrated vegetable soups, 30 day supply if 20+ year shelf life emergency storage food

2/27/20 5:20 PM
5/13/11

If this does start to rapidly spread here in the USA, we can partially thank our corrupted for profit healthcare racket. 

The difference between a universal health system and our corrupted system will be the difference between people seeking immediate treatment at the 1st signs of symptoms, and ignoring those symptoms because of the costs or even a basic doctor visit. 

Add in the stigma of service industry workers being punished for calling in sick, and it's a recipe for disaster. 

2/27/20 5:23 PM
1/14/07
Soup and Beer - 
youarewhatiswrong - 
turducken -
jpm995 -
turducken -

I think the point is get a bunch of canned goods and supplies to last you a month or so.  If they start quarantining cities you won't have to deal with the ones who are panic buying everything on the shelves.  If nothing happens, you won't need to go to the store for a month or two then.

So what you're saying... is this is all created by Amazon... and they'll do a mass rollout of their drone deliveries from their new robotic warehouses?

I knew it!

2/27/20 5:25 PM
1/1/01
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

If this does start to rapidly spread here in the USA, we can partially thank our corrupted for profit healthcare racket. 

The difference between a universal health system and our corrupted system will be the difference between people seeking immediate treatment at the 1st signs of symptoms, and ignoring those symptoms because of the costs or even a basic doctor visit. 

Add in the stigma of service industry workers being punished for calling in sick, and it's a recipe for disaster. 

While I agree that the notion of big government will be preferable in times like this, I'm not sure how much difference it would make in this particular instance.  There is no treatment for covid 19 and we are stuck waiting three more weeks for them to even make proper test kits.

And the fact they aren't even stopping flights from North Korea or Italy says they are either inept or know it's too late.