OtherGround Forums 2020 USA Flu Deaths 16K Coronavirus Deaths=9

2/26/20 7:48 PM
8/1/13

The overblown ridiculous of this is shocking. I remember when AIDS, SARS, EBOLA, and the Bird Flu killed everyone. How is anyone left?

Edited: 2/29/20 8:27 AM
3/13/18

Not sure what your point is?

i agree there is no point getting in hysterics, but planning and prevention is what stops these things from getting out of control. Would you prefer that people didn’t talk about it?

ive never understood the arguments like this-  but but the flu!  What’s your fucking point dum dum?! The flu sucks too

2/26/20 7:53 PM
4/11/08
The flu has a mortality rate of.1% and an R0 of about 1.2

This seems to have a mortality rate of 2% and an R0 between 4 and 5.

These results are likely flawed due to China being China.

The moral of the story is that this spreads way faster and is way more dangerous than the flu
2/26/20 7:55 PM
8/1/13
The_Pundits_Ghost -

i agree there is no point getting in hysterics, but lack of planning and prevention is what stops these things from getting out of control. Would you prefer that people didn’t talk about it?

ive never understood the arguments like this-  but but the flu!  What’s your fucking point dum dum?! The flu sucks too

The MSM is talking about this shit like it Captain Tripps, and its not even close. MY point is its overblown nonsense. The regular flu in the USA this year has already killed 4x more people than the entire worldwide death toll.

Edited: 2/26/20 7:57 PM
3/13/18
camicom -
The_Pundits_Ghost -

i agree there is no point getting in hysterics, but lack of planning and prevention is what stops these things from getting out of control. Would you prefer that people didn’t talk about it?

The MSM is talking about this shit like it Captain Tripps, and its not even close. MY point is its overblown nonsense. The regular flu in the USA this year has already killed 4x more people than the entire worldwide death toll.

WHO the fuck is Captain Tripps? Does he have Corona? Fuck that guy- we were never friends

2/26/20 7:58 PM
9/19/13

Imagine trying to correlate the flu to a virtually unknown virus, known to kill people within weeks, that originated in a country which has zero transparency.

You are fucking delusional, OP.

2/26/20 7:58 PM
3/11/09
camicom -
The_Pundits_Ghost -

Some of the threads I've read on here have people acting way more paranoid than the MSM. It seems a little ridiculous to be honest. 

2/26/20 7:59 PM
11/24/09

19 million = 10000 deaths

im not sure of exact number but 80000 = 2500 deaths 

so if 19 million get the coronavirus how many die  at this current rate ?

2/26/20 8:00 PM
8/1/13
Diabeetus -
camicom -
The_Pundits_Ghost -

Some of the threads I've read on here have people acting way more paranoid than the MSM. It seems a little ridiculous to be honest. 

Agreed

2/26/20 8:03 PM
2/9/09
akbar87 -

19 million = 10000 deaths

im not sure of exact number but 80000 = 2500 deaths 

so if 19 million get the coronavirus how many die  at this current rate ?

This. OP doesn't understand ratios.

2/26/20 8:06 PM
8/1/13
The_Pundits_Ghost -
camicom -
The_Pundits_Ghost -

WHO the fuck is Captain Tripps? Does he have Corona? Fuck that guy- we were never friends

Captain Tripps is the name of the super flu in The Stand which killed 99.5% of the world population.

2/26/20 8:06 PM
11/4/10

It may be overblown but I bought lots of food and water anyway. 

It might not be bad, but if people still freak out and run to the stores, and I didn’t prepare, I’m fooked. 

So I prepared. Just bought shit I would eat eventually anyway. Just lots of it

2/26/20 8:17 PM
11/16/08

gif of trucks spraying disinfectant in the streets for the flu.

2/26/20 8:21 PM
10/16/13
The_Pundits_Ghost -
camicom -
The_Pundits_Ghost -

The walking man is going to get this guy for not knowing

2/26/20 8:23 PM
3/13/18
camicom -
The_Pundits_Ghost -
camicom -
The_Pundits_Ghost -

Captain Tripps is the name of the super flu in The Stand which killed 99.5% of the world population.

Like I said then- fuck Captain Tripps!

2/26/20 8:30 PM
6/21/13

I love this threads, lol

2/26/20 8:52 PM
5/29/18

Youre such a Trump dick rider it's crazy lol

2/26/20 8:55 PM
2/10/20

VTFD.

Comparing it to the flu is retarded, sir. That's retarded.

Worldwide:

2018/2019 Coronavirus deaths = 0.00
2019/2020 Coronavirus death = 2,700+!!!

2018/2019 Flu deaths = 250,000
2019/2020 Flu deaths = 250,000

(For perspective: 2009 H1N1 flu pandemic: Between 8,870 and 18,300 deaths in the United States and up to 203,000 deaths worldwide specifically from H1N1)

2/26/20 8:57 PM
6/13/03

I normally like Laura. But this is a really stupid post she made

2/26/20 8:58 PM
10/10/06

Now this is the hard-hitting pointless drivel I come to the OG for

2/26/20 9:04 PM
8/7/12

Its comparing apples to fooking potatoes. We have a pretty good handle on influenza. Yes, it still kills people. A lot of people. Every year we manufacture several different types of flu "shots". These shots consist mainly of a cocktail of the worse strains from the years before and a really crappy calculated guess of what is going to be the big strain this year. With all we know about the virus and many people still getting the flu shot. Hundreds of thousands still die every year.

What do we know about the current and previous strains of coronavirus? Pretty much not a damn thing. The current stats are skewed because China wants to China. Im not putting on a tin foil hat yet but i still feel we have yet to see this coronavirus at its deadliest yet. It will mutate again maybe 2 or 3 times before we get a handle on it. 

2/26/20 9:41 PM
1/1/01

How many people get eaten by lions and tigers every year? Few.

Pretty sure lions and tigers are fucking dangerous and you don't want them loose on the streets.

2/26/20 9:43 PM
5/18/11
baj54 -

Its comparing apples to fooking potatoes. We have a pretty good handle on influenza. Yes, it still kills people. A lot of people. Every year we manufacture several different types of flu "shots". These shots consist mainly of a cocktail of the worse strains from the years before and a really crappy calculated guess of what is going to be the big strain this year. With all we know about the virus and many people still getting the flu shot. Hundreds of thousands still die every year.

What do we know about the current and previous strains of coronavirus? Pretty much not a damn thing. The current stats are skewed because China wants to China. Im not putting on a tin foil hat yet but i still feel we have yet to see this coronavirus at its deadliest yet. It will mutate again maybe 2 or 3 times before we get a handle on it. 

I read even Doctors are having trouble differentiating between Pneumonia and Corona, thats how similiar it is.

2/26/20 9:44 PM
8/2/19
camicom -

The overblown ridiculous of this is shocking. I remember when AIDS, SARS, EBOLA, and the Bird Flu killed everyone. How is anyone left?

Also 0 deaths from tigers and lions.... We shouldn't worry about those being released into populous US areas obviously.

2/26/20 9:47 PM
8/2/19
Huggsbear -
baj54 -

I read even Doctors are having trouble differentiating between Pneumonia and Corona, thats how similiar it is.

The flu has about a 0.095% fatality rate while the corona virus has about a 2%.  That means that if the same amount of people got the corona virus as have the flu, instead of 10,000 deaths we'd have areound 210,000 deaths.

But keep pretending you're smart lol