OtherGround Forums 24 days til my first marathon

3 days ago
6/26/06

Who's the lanky mofos on here with times that will top mine by over an hour?  BWS you out there?

3 days ago
1/9/19

you will do GREAT!

3 days ago
7/25/08
First one?

If so, good job. You've already done the hard part. The training is the grind. The spectators will carry you through the run itself.

One thing they don't tell you: MAKE SURE YOU WAKE UP EARLY ENOUGH to properly hydrate that morning.

Normally runs start early, and with all the parking sand shutttle service and getting your bib and shit it atkes time. Wake up 1/2 hour early and start hydrating. If you have to stop halfway and piss, so be it, but it's better than cramping up at mile 16 or something.
3 days ago
2/5/05

I think mine took 5 1/2 hours. 

Beat that! 

3 days ago
6/26/06
Slowshot - First one?

If so, good job. You've already done the hard part. The training is the grind. The spectators will carry you through the run itself.

One thing they don't tell you: MAKE SURE YOU WAKE UP EARLY ENOUGH to properly hydrate that morning.

Normally runs start early, and with all the parking sand shutttle service and getting your bib and shit it atkes time. Wake up 1/2 hour early and start hydrating. If you have to stop halfway and piss, so be it, but it's better than cramping up at mile 16 or something.

Who said I trained? Lol

3 days ago
6/26/06
clattymine -

I think mine took 5 1/2 hours. 

Beat that! 

My goal is from 4 to 4:20 ish.  Some shitty hills so my approach to them will make or break me

3 days ago
1/1/01
I'm doing my first marathon in October in Detroit.

Training is boring with the long runs now!

It's like you have to entertain yourself in your head after music and tv's become mundane.

Ready to get my Sunday mornings back players!
3 days ago
9/13/16
my new thing to kill time is podcasts. better than music and tv IMO.
3 days ago
1/1/01
tapnaporsnapbro - my new thing to kill time is podcasts. better than music and tv IMO.

Thank you! Going to go that route.
3 days ago
6/26/06
tapnaporsnapbro - my new thing to kill time is podcasts. better than music and tv IMO.

Absolutely.  I only do podcasts and there's like 15 running ones

3 days ago
6/26/06

I love this couple
3 days ago
6/26/06
Slowshot - First one?

Marathon is in my city.  Im biking to start.  Only 5 min bikeride.   I wanted my first to be a local one for all the logistics you mentioned 

3 days ago
5/28/02

First marathon was with my high school ex gf. Her room, parents room, living room, bathroom, back yard, shower. Ah good times.