OtherGround Forums 40 days until Canada's federal election..

9/12/19 11:23 PM
1/1/01

^^^^^
Not Canadian, are you?

I've said it before and I will say it again. I will vote in this election, but I don't want to vote for any of the big 3. Serious concerns with all of them.

9/12/19 11:24 PM
4/6/19
RKing85 - ^^^^^
Not Canadian, are you?

I've said it before and I will say it again. I will vote in this election, but I don't want to vote for any of the big 3. Serious concerns with all of them.

wasted vote IMO... and I don't say that as a position against supporting a non-traditional party. but its about who is going to have power

9/12/19 11:58 PM
4/6/19
ELam -

*posted in the other forum*

Very strong political move to not participate in the debate, forced Sheer to debate the left wing nut jobs all by himself.

Trudeau also gets to watch the voters reactions to the three candidates that debated, and tailor his message during the campaign to win as many votes as possible.

Turd-eau has very smart political/campaign advisors. Very slick.

you might be correct but if its smart and slick, it sure as heck isn't trudope's planning

9/13/19 2:32 AM
1/1/01

Yet you think we have a congress???

9/13/19 8:38 AM
8/20/03
Wayne Glamcock - 
RKing85 - ^^^^^
Not Canadian, are you?

wasted vote IMO... and I don't say that as a position against supporting a non-traditional party. but its about who is going to have power

I'm glad he's voting.

Even if his vote is a protest one, I am proud of him for voting.

9/13/19 8:38 AM
11/8/09
RhinoHog -
King Trav - 
RhinoHog -
Wayne Glamcock - 
ABCTT_GROUNDnLB -

In a Country of over 30 million, there has to be one semi-competent person to run against him! 

the political system is fucked

It's sad 2/3s of the geography will be a blue wave it but will know before the polls close who won.....Fuck Ontario and Queerbec......

Those fuckers are are gonna need passports to get to Western Canada if their shit keeps up....

This western separation talk is so stupid. I'd understand if talk was western unification, but separation...frig off with that bull crap. 

Sorry Trav, but the only way the west will prosper from its confederation agreement is to get the fuck out.

Provinces were lured into confederation with the promise that they would have control over their own resources.....PET fucked that up.

And I'll add, Quebec, to this day, has not joined Canada yet reaps all the provincial transfer money.

I respect you dude, but to your post, I say .....fuck the East....

I'm not sure I understand how you'd make this western Canadian utopia work. I have many questions.

Heres a couple...Do people like me, who are proud Canadians, get kicked out or rounded up and jailed?  Will I have my home taken from me?  I mean, I served our great nation was was willing to kill or be killed for it. I still am, in fact, so will you be understanding when you're being shot at as you attack my nation?  

What about First Nations?  How do you split up western Canada with them involved?  They own much of the resources rich land in your western Canada. Do you just take it from them through any means necessary?  

What happens to the people who don't fall in line? Kill them or deport them to Canada?  

9/13/19 8:39 AM
8/20/03
Wayne Glamcock - 
ELam -

*posted in the other forum*

Very strong political move to not participate in the debate, forced Sheer to debate the left wing nut jobs all by himself.

Trudeau also gets to watch the voters reactions to the three candidates that debated, and tailor his message during the campaign to win as many votes as possible.

Turd-eau has very smart political/campaign advisors. Very slick.

you might be correct but if its smart and slick, it sure as heck isn't trudope's planning

Maybe but a lot of people are saying that it's just another event where Trudeau thinks he's above everyone else.

9/13/19 8:43 AM
8/29/19

Trudeau has got to go.

9/13/19 10:07 AM
3/20/15
Fahqhard - 
RKing85 - ^^^^^
Not Canadian, are you?

I am a Canadian. I went to Ottawa in grade school and watched how little power the prime minister had.

The Prime Minister of Canada has far more power than the president of the US as he/she has no checks and balances.......basically can do whatever he/she wants. Example, commit ethics violations and then order the RCMP to step down from investigating them...

There are far more examples from the past, that's just the latest.

9/13/19 10:12 AM
12/18/08

No matter who wins we are fucked. Our choices are crap. 

9/13/19 10:17 AM
3/20/15
King Trav - 
RhinoHog -
King Trav - 
RhinoHog -
Wayne Glamcock - 
ABCTT_GROUNDnLB -

In a Country of over 30 million, there has to be one semi-competent person to run against him! 

It's sad 2/3s of the geography will be a blue wave it but will know before the polls close who won.....Fuck Ontario and Queerbec......

Those fuckers are are gonna need passports to get to Western Canada if their shit keeps up....

This western separation talk is so stupid. I'd understand if talk was western unification, but separation...frig off with that bull crap. 

Sorry Trav, but the only way the west will prosper from its confederation agreement is to get the fuck out.

Provinces were lured into confederation with the promise that they would have control over their own resources.....PET fucked that up.

And I'll add, Quebec, to this day, has not joined Canada yet reaps all the provincial transfer money.

I'm not sure I understand how you'd make this western Canadian utopia work. I have many questions.

Heres a couple...Do people like me, who are proud Canadians, get kicked out or rounded up and jailed?  Will I have my home taken from me?  I mean, I served our great nation was was willing to kill or be killed for it. I still am, in fact, so will you be understanding when you're being shot at as you attack my nation?  

What about First Nations?  How do you split up western Canada with them involved?  They own much of the resources rich land in your western Canada. Do you just take it from them through any means necessary?  

What happens to the people who don't fall in line? Kill them or deport them to Canada?  

You would have the choice to join or leave. It's not that hard. You're a proud Canadian that served, I respect that, but you are being shit on by Ottawa as a vet, and yet you still show allegiance to them. Seems odd to me.

First Nations are a conquered nation, just like any in history. what they own was gifted. Nothing would change, in fact, they may even get potable water to drink.

Who said anything about shooting ? Suscession is not even unconstitutional. If that even matters, since PM's of past and current have and continue to shit on the rights granted to Provinces under original confederation.

You haven't commented on the fact that Quebec has not to this day signed on to the constitution act of 82...the one that supercedes the BNA. Yet they reap the most reward.

9/13/19 10:17 AM
8/20/03
NorthernHospitality - 

We're here because of the previous "anyone but" movement where retards literally thought anyone but Harper would be better.

What a poorly thought out way to vote and the liberals capitlized on it.

Well, well, well...this is what you get when people vote that way.

I'm not surprised mother f*ckers...

9/13/19 10:38 AM
3/20/15
Captain Canuck - 
NorthernHospitality - 

We're here because of the previous "anyone but" movement where retards literally thought anyone but Harper would be better.

You pretty much nailed it....

9/13/19 10:45 AM
8/29/08

We are fuked because our country is becoming overloaded with a bunch of lazy good for nothing idiots that want to live off government handouts that think everyone can live off fairy dust and rainbows. 

9/13/19 10:55 AM
3/20/15
Transporter - 

We are fuked because our country is becoming overloaded with a bunch of lazy good for nothing idiots that want to live off government handouts that think everyone can live off fairy dust and rainbows. 

so much truism here....

9/13/19 11:34 AM
3/20/15
Fahqhard - 
RhinoHog -
Fahqhard - 
RKing85 - ^^^^^
Not Canadian, are you?

I am a Canadian. I went to Ottawa in grade school and watched how little power the prime minister had.

The Prime Minister of Canada has far more power than the president of the US as he/she has no checks and balances.......basically can do whatever he/she wants. Example, commit ethics violations and then order the RCMP to step down from investigating them...

There are far more examples from the past, that's just the latest.

No way . I was always told the exact opposite, told that for example if the p.m. wanted to bomb someone or something that he had to take it to house of commons and have it voted on and approved.. 

Well you were told wrong....technically the PM needs Governor General approval through the Queen, or whoever is sitting in that seat, but that is just a way for Britian to still lay claim to Canada. It has no merit anymore. The PM cannot be shutdown by anyone, other then the king/queen of Britain...

9/13/19 11:36 AM
11/8/09
RhinoHog -
King Trav - 
RhinoHog -
King Trav - 
RhinoHog -
Wayne Glamcock - 
ABCTT_GROUNDnLB -

You would have the choice to join or leave. It's not that hard. You're a proud Canadian that served, I respect that, but you are being shit on by Ottawa as a vet, and yet you still show allegiance to them. Seems odd to me.

First Nations are a conquered nation, just like any in history. what they own was gifted. Nothing would change, in fact, they may even get potable water to drink.

Who said anything about shooting ? Suscession is not even unconstitutional. If that even matters, since PM's of past and current have and continue to shit on the rights granted to Provinces under original confederation.

You haven't commented on the fact that Quebec has not to this day signed on to the constitution act of 82...the one that supercedes the BNA. Yet they reap the most reward.

What about those of us who wouldn't join or leave?  I don't think that Canada as a whole (government or general population) do enough for vets who need help. I'm not a veteran who needs help. I'm not being crapped on by Ottawa and my allegiance is to Canada and everyone in the nation, not to Ottawa. I didn't join the forces for any sort of benefit but to serve. I'm not an American and therefore when joining I did it with no expectations of gratitude after my service. That's a deal Americans have with their government. 

First Nations aren't a conquered nation. That's the issue there. Their lands and territory wasn't gifted. It was agreed upon through treaties. If potable water in north western Canadian reserves was such an issue that separation would do the trick, prosperous provinces like Alberta would've taken care of then in the Ralph Klein days. Don't be disingenuous. 

I said something about shooting. Like I said I'd fight for Canada any day. I suppose if on the off chance western provinces voted in provincial governments who worked together to legally separated from Canada I'd have to rethink my choices. That would be democracy and I'd need to think if I'd want to live in that country or not. Otherwise if it's just a join or leave because we're being petulant, you bet I'd shoot you when you came to remove me. 

I havent comment on quebec we're having a conversation about western separation. I believe that an overhaul of equalization is important, but I'm not sure that's a tipping point for most people. Propping up a centuries year old economy that's still failing is silly, but you sound as goofy and childish as the old quebec separatists. 

Im sorry that your industry is getting decimated right now. I hope it bounces back before you're too old to reap the benefits from it again, but with that said you might have to move or find a new job that may pay you much less than oil does. It's a hard thing for anyone, but sometimes it has to be done. 

9/13/19 11:43 AM
12/18/08
Captain Canuck -
NorthernHospitality - 

It will be just like that again and Scheer will be elected and in 4 years we will be posting the exact same words. 

9/13/19 11:45 AM
12/18/08
Transporter -

Not sure where your location in the country is but in my area the lazy good for nothing idiots have been living here all their lives and the ones with the opportunity to come here are busting their asses...  

9/13/19 11:49 AM
8/29/19
NorthernHospitality -
Captain Canuck -
NorthernHospitality - 

It will be just like that again and Scheer will be elected and in 4 years we will be posting the exact same words. 

I hope you're right that Scheer wins....but we won't be saying the same things.

If Scheer wins I'll inevitably be critical of him for pandering to the left and being flexible about his conservative values, but he won't be the galactic embarrassment that Trudeau has been.

It's probably a moot point anyway since our government teet suckling voter base will likely return that idiot to his throne as King of Canada.

9/13/19 11:50 AM
1/18/12
Transporter -

Dont forget the overcrowding and new found lack of courtesy you can expect everywhere you go now.

Also...  Driving has become hostile AF even during slow hours.

Im tired of rain....snow....and rainbow politics.

Can't wait to leave

9/13/19 11:51 AM
8/20/03
NorthernHospitality - 
Captain Canuck -
NorthernHospitality - 

Honestly, if Scheer gets elected we're all in for some serious belt tightening because Trudeau has thrown the wallet out the window.

So you're correct, no matter who gets in, we're screwed.

I'd just like to at least pretend we're trying to be fiscally responsible.

9/13/19 11:56 AM
11/8/11
RhinoHog -
[SilenceR - 
Captain Canuck -
RhinoHog - 
Wayne Glamcock - 
ABCTT_GROUNDnLB -

Firts of all, pump the brakes here sunshine.

There are those of us in Ontario who are very much against Trudeau. In fact, this province went Conservation last provincial election.

I'm from quebec and i've never voted liberal. Most french  here don't vote for them. English people and minorities will probably.

Weak sjw whites and whoever was let over the border....Either way......fuck Quebec or join confederacy, which to this day, has yet to do....you are not Canadians.....you deserve no transfer payments...yet get the most...

What the fuck you talking about you drooling knuckledragger? You sound like you listen to too much trash radio.

9/13/19 12:37 PM
12/18/08
Captain Canuck -
NorthernHospitality - 
Captain Canuck -
NorthernHospitality - 

Honestly, if Scheer gets elected we're all in for some serious belt tightening because Trudeau has thrown the wallet out the window.

Yup and yup

9/13/19 12:41 PM
1/13/04
NorthernHospitality - 
Captain Canuck -
NorthernHospitality - 
Captain Canuck -
NorthernHospitality - 

Yup and yup

Belt tightening will be necessary and it will follow the lines of what is happening in Ontario with Ford (doing cuts across the board because of the Lib's overspending but its necessary). Imagine if the Lib's win again and how much more spending will occur. Simply, the Lib's should not be re-elected federally especially if you have children, etc..