OtherGround Forums 60 mins Covid tease during Browns Steelers game

5 days ago
10/17/08
Just heard this out of Jim Nance's mouth during the broadcast a few minutes ago.

"Tonight on 60 Minutes...DR Anthony Fauci shares insights on what's next American's should expect next from the pandemic".

Apparently Dr Fauci knows what's going to happen next with this Covid thing, but you need to wait until 6 PM ET to find out.

Are you fucking kidding me?
5 days ago
9/3/08

Lol heard it and had similar reaction 

5 days ago
10/17/08
It's shit like this that makes the pandemic so transparent.
5 days ago
4/13/12

60 minutes always advertises their lead during nfl sunday.  Why is this so scandalous?

Im sure Hes makeing general predictions, the same hes been making all along.

5 days ago
3/18/02

dr fauci will share his position which he will ultimately change in a month, before inevitably changing it back 

5 days ago
4/13/12

His position is, I don't know where we are.  It depends 

5 days ago
8/23/11
EFM -

60 minutes always advertises their lead during nfl sunday.  Why is this so scandalous?

I think they are saying... if what fauci has to say is soooo important to the safety of the american people and his insights are sooo groundbreaking then maybe there should be a news conference right away rather than a teaser during a football game for a show hours later than only a small% of the people will watch 

5 days ago
4/13/12

If anyone thinks someone is able to predict the next year of Covid, I have a bridge to sell them.

5 days ago
3/1/10

Dude loves being a celebrity.

5 days ago
10/17/08
androb - 
EFM -

I think they are saying... if what fauci has to say is soooo important to the safety of the american people and his insights are sooo groundbreaking then maybe there should be a news conference right away rather than a teaser during a football game for a show hours later than only a small% of the people will watch 

You shouldn't have to explain to him.

I never said scandalous either.

Fauci said "I don't know where we are. It depends". Why is this a 60 minutes story? Misleading headline.
5 days ago
4/13/12
johnsonbarr -
androb - 
EFM -

Fauci said "I don't know where we are. It depends". Why is this a 60 minutes story? Misleading headline.

It seemed like you were implying it.  This is 60minutes, and tv in general's, MO.  They tease so you tune in.

Cmon.

5 days ago
7/13/17

Who still believes that guy? 

5 days ago
10/17/08
EFM - 
johnsonbarr -
androb - 
EFM -

It seemed like you were implying it.  This is 60minutes, and tv in general's, MO.  They tease so you tune in.

Cmon.

Were you watching the game when Nance "teased" it?

Nance absolutely teased it. It sounded so cheap. I thought this was a serious issue.
5 days ago
4/13/12
johnsonbarr -
EFM - 
johnsonbarr -
androb - 
EFM -

Cmon.

Were you watching the game when Nance "teased" it?

Nance absolutely teased it. It sounded so cheap. I thought this was a serious issue.

i wasn't.  but that's what they do.  have you really never noticed this?

5 days ago
7/13/17

Its so dangerous but lets worry about our ratings first.  Lol 

5 days ago
1/1/01

"This average everyday item in your home could be giving you cancer and fucking your wife." "Find out at 10 on News Now"

Typical 

5 days ago
12/5/17

^ heh... guy who has served as a public health advisor for every president since Reagan has to take walks with his wife surrounded by a security detail now. Has to publicly denounce a presidential campaign misrepresenting him in a political ad. 

#MAGA 

Great thing we have going here gents. 

Edited: 5 days ago
12/5/17
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus - 

^ heh... guy who has served as a public health advisor for every president since Reagan has to take walks with his wife surrounded by a security detail now. Has to publicly denounce a presidential campaign misrepresenting him in a political ad. 

#MAGA 

^ check the last few minutes where they run the clip of Fauci talking 4 years ago with 60 minutes about fear of an influenza virus that's easily spreadable and highly deadly.

That's not covid-19. It's only checking one of those boxes (way easy to spread). 

& if we look at covid as a test-run for a virus with a higher rate of death, we can be reasonably sure that the CDC, the NIH, a sizable chunk of the population, and the U.S. federal government as a whole are total fuck-ups and we're in bad shape, heh. 

5 days ago
5/29/18
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus -
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus - 

#MAGA 

^ check the last few minutes where they run the clip of Fauci talking 4 years ago with 60 minutes about fear of an influenza virus that's easily spreadable and highly deadly.

That's not covid-19. It's only checking one of those boxes (way easy to spread). 

& if we look at covid as a test-run for a virus with a higher rate of death, we can be reasonably sure that the CDC, the NIH, a sizable chunk of the population, and the U.S. federal government as a whole are total fuck-ups and we're in bad shape, heh. 

Heh.

Test run?

Nice choice of words, heh.

Edited: 5 days ago
12/5/17
Helluvah Guy - 
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus -
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus - 

#MAGA 

Heh.

Test run?

Nice choice of words, heh.

Yeah, if you're a hooplehead. A test run in terms of how the CDC, the NIH, and the federal government as a whole respond to such a virus. 

4 days ago
4/13/12
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus -

#MAGA 

disgusting.  dude's dedicated his life to the health and safety of the public.  i hate the general public sometimes.

4 days ago
2/4/03

In two hours Faucis tells us the future and how not to have thanksgiving after telling us the virus won't come here, it's nothing to worry about, no need to stop travel, it's just a bad flu, don't wear a mask it doesn't do anything, we need to shutdown now, it's going to kill 2 million americans, stopping travel saved lives, everyone needs to wear a piece of fabric over their face, and there's no end in sight.