OtherGround Forums 7 states hit high number of covid cases

12 days ago
1/1/01
The Noose -
cool hand Ed -

So? We've learned how to treat it better. Hospitals aren't overwhelmed.  So what's the problem?  

Yeah, they are.  The hospitals are starting to run out of ICU beds again.  I guess they are in on the liberal conspiracy to make Trump look bad...

ICU are designed to run at near capacity. It’s the most efficient manner in which to run 

Having an ICU full of empty beds and equipment is wasteful.  If demand increases, hospitals can add capacity. 

Mark

12 days ago
1/14/07
Jack Carter -
OpenedUp -
The Noose -
cool hand Ed -

So? We've learned how to treat it better. Hospitals aren't overwhelmed.  So what's the problem?  

Yeah, they are.  The hospitals are starting to run out of ICU beds again.  I guess they are in on the liberal conspiracy to make Trump look bad...

No they arnt 

A lot of them are laying off right now 

I worked in icu, ccu, cvu, and er for about 5 years and made a lot of friends. I asked them if work was crazy right now and they all told me it's pretty average right now.

I just don't believe this thing is as bad as we were all told it was. 

12 days ago
5/18/11
Devin Ratray's gf, WOOF -
Jack Carter -

Still not a peep from the fake covid alarmists. Thousands crammed like sardines for hours and hours. Covid must not be serious enough to condemn them and cite them for social distancing violations. 

But but but but but they're wearing masks!!!

Yeah and besides the one in the N95 none of them are doing shit lol

11 days ago
3/21/12
It's going to be hilarious to see the narrative flip a week after the election
11 days ago
8/25/07
OpenedUp -
The Noose -
cool hand Ed -

No they arnt 

Yeah, they are.

11 days ago
8/25/07
BrowBeaten -
The Noose -
cool hand Ed -

Source? 

Here ya go dick licker:

https://www.news9.com/story/5f88d85d877f5d520e1536e6/inside-the-shortage-of-oklahoma-icu-beds-

11 days ago
8/25/07
BrowBeaten -
The Noose -
cool hand Ed -

Source? 

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/16/pandemic-states-virus-rebound-429753

11 days ago
9/28/03

Wisconsin had over 4000 new cases, just opened a field hospital.

11 days ago
8/25/07
Mark1 -
The Noose -
cool hand Ed -

ICU are designed to run at near capacity. It’s the most efficient manner in which to run 

Having an ICU full of empty beds and equipment is wasteful.  If demand increases, hospitals can add capacity. 

Mark

Unless the demand for ICU beds goes up faster than hospitals can add capacity, such as during a fucking pandemic.  

11 days ago
11/10/18

What’s interesting is a hospital in my area was on the news saying they are almost full and may have to build tent structures to house patients with covid. One of the nurse practitioners that works for me also works part time at that hospital and swears that they have 2 covid patients in icu and they have 24 icu beds. I 100% believe her. This is all about grants and government funding at this point because most healthcare facilities are dying on the vine. I very seriously doubt my area is the only place this is happening. 

11 days ago
10/17/08
clarenceworley - 

A field hospital lol
11 days ago
3/18/02

OP is an admin

desperate

11 days ago
4/13/12
mestregruber -

I live in Colorado, and there are 337 people hospitalized right now. The numbers are trending the wrong way, but that's still less than half of the peak back in April.

The problem is, the hospitals and icus are now full again with other nonCOVID patients.  My wife is a department head at one and everyones starting to get nervous again.

11 days ago
9/28/03
BigEyedFish -

OP is an admin

desperate

Do I get a special account?

11 days ago
3/18/02
clarenceworley - 
BigEyedFish -

OP is an admin

desperate

Do I get a special account?

to go along with the special bus you used to ride to school and the special awards you got despite never having won anything.  

hi mod.  

11 days ago
12/24/16
BrowBeaten - 

I'm genuinely baffled that we're still on this covid shit. 

you and me both.
11 days ago
10/3/15
Altofsky -

And 99% will survive. 

99.87% per the WHO.

11 days ago
4/1/15
The Noose -
cool hand Ed -

Link?

Edited: 11 days ago
1/3/20
Altofsky -

And 99% will survive. 

Damn, I don't like those odds! Shut the entire country down! Who cares if lives are ruined and businesses gone forever, those odds justify shutting everything down. /sarcasm 

11 days ago
10/3/15
clarenceworley -

I doubt this is entirely true.

However if it is, itll work out just like all the other times across the country people added field hospitals that never saw a patient.

11 days ago
1/1/01
Altofsky - 
cool hand Ed -

Exactly this.

Having been raised by an ER nurse, I was on board with the idea of not overwhelming the hospitals. That's no longer a concern. Dead issue. Deader than that very nurse.

We are a bit behind here...Local Hospital just went to 104% of ICU capacity yesterday.

Damn fools still wont wear a mask. I don't either, but neither do I go around any people at all. If I did I would.

11 days ago
10/3/15
The Noose -
BrowBeaten -
The Noose -
cool hand Ed -

Source? 

Here ya go dick licker:

https://www.news9.com/story/5f88d85d877f5d520e1536e6/inside-the-shortage-of-oklahoma-icu-beds-

Just glacing at the data prevalence isnt up. Testing is. Hospitalizations are up about 200 from july.

And thats assuming that all 200 are from and not with covid. And based on the data, probably more are "with" and not "from".

11 days ago
8/25/07
DuffyLaCoronilla -
The Noose -
cool hand Ed -

Link?

If only there were a way to scroll up a couple of posts...

11 days ago
10/3/15
Dryfly -
Altofsky - 
cool hand Ed -

Exactly this.

Having been raised by an ER nurse, I was on board with the idea of not overwhelming the hospitals. That's no longer a concern. Dead issue. Deader than that very nurse.

We are a bit behind here...Local Hospital just went to 104% of ICU capacity yesterday.

Damn fools still wont wear a mask. I don't either, but neither do I go around any people at all. If I did I would.

one hopital doesnt mean anything.

11 days ago
4/21/09
Piyo -
cool hand Ed - 

I don't think there's much evidence we've learned to treat it better, beyond stopping the overuse of ventilators.

You say we've yet to learn how to treat it better but in same sentence give example of how we are treating it better. 

Yeah....