OtherGround Forums .999 Silver = Best long term investment

6 days ago
1/1/01
Sandy Pantz -
BJ Penn Forever -

Why is gold so hated if it outperformed the Dow since 71?

That's not including dividends (reinvested or otherwise).

Regardless though, long term charts prove that if you are going to invest in metals, make it gold as silver MAJORLY underperforms in the long term.

https://www.longtermtrends.net/stocks-vs-gold-comparison/

Throughout most of history the gold to silver ratio was 16 to 1.  The 50 to 90to 1 we see now is a relatively short thing.  I think we will see a return to the historical mean and the correction will over shoot to 10 to 1 for a little while.

6 days ago
4/17/15

Luxembourg Freeport, Switzerland 

6 days ago
6/20/13
Tim Duncan -

6 trillion and this is only the begining.  The writing is on the wall,  the dollar will lose its purchasing power big time.  I only hope we dont go into hyper inflation before the reset.

6 days ago
2/4/07
Co3 -

There are 4 major gold refineries in Switzerland.  Doesn't seem like anything unusual that they are ordering more gold or am I missing something?

5 days ago
6/20/13
Sandy Pantz -
Co3 -

There are 4 major gold refineries in Switzerland.  Doesn't seem like anything unusual that they are ordering more gold or am I missing something?

https://www.reuters.com/article/precious-refining-argor/update-1-three-swiss-gold-refineries-suspend-production-due-to-virus-threat-idUSL8N2BG3ZJ

5 days ago
1/1/01

Hey Willy,I just did a quick look at ebay and some PM sites. ASE are between 24 and 28 bucks.  I predict we will be at 30 bucks for an ASE at the end of the month.  Bythe endof the year we will be above 50.  Glad I locked into myprice of 30 with you.

4 days ago
1/1/01

4 days ago
12/1/19
Tim Duncan -

Cool chart

4 days ago
1/1/01

By the end of the year I expect the silver to dollar ratio to be 4000

4 days ago
6/20/13
Tim Duncan -

Gold to silver might be above 150 too

4 days ago
1/1/01
Looney Ronulan Paultard -
Tim Duncan -

For a little while then it will snap back like an arloski bitch slap to 10

4 days ago
11/3/02

What’s the typical premium for ASE or

Canadian Maple Leafs over spot? These premiums seem insane.

4 days ago
2/4/07
salyer36 -

Mint sells to dealers for 2 over spot.  Dealers usually sell for 2-4 over spotin the last few years.

4 days ago
7/2/07
Tim Duncan - 

Hey Willy,I just did a quick look at ebay and some PM sites. ASE are between 24 and 28 bucks.  I predict we will be at 30 bucks for an ASE at the end of the month.  Bythe endof the year we will be above 50.  Glad I locked into myprice of 30 with you.

You are a persistent fellow.

I am not accusing you of trickery but I am pretty sure we were talking about all my sliver not just ASE.

Also you need to front that first half soon. $16 an oz now $16 on delivery.
4 days ago
3/20/12

my payment was denied
pissing me off

they wanted a wire of money from my bank...not gonna do that

I will put anything on one of my credit cards and pay it off immediately though

what are some good options that don't deny credit cards?

gold or silver...wouldn't mind some smaller silver coins though

4 days ago
11/3/02
Sandy Pantz -
salyer36 -

Mint sells to dealers for 2 over spot.  Dealers usually sell for 2-4 over spotin the last few years.

Thanks. Thoughts on silver pandas? I would think in a situation where the dollar is crashing, that means China would be seen as the more reliable currency at that point. Although it’s my understanding that there lot of fake pandas floating around. Could hurt resale value in such a scenario. 

4 days ago
2/4/07
salyer36 -
Sandy Pantz -
salyer36 -

Thanks. Thoughts on silver pandas? I would think in a situation where the dollar is crashing, that means China would be seen as the more reliable currency at that point. Although it’s my understanding that there lot of fake pandas floating around. Could hurt resale value in such a scenario. 

ASE is always going to be the standard if you live in America.  I like Pandas cause the design changes every year, but ASE is the most liquid and easiest to sell.

4 days ago
1/1/01

I don't like pandas too many fakes.

Willie you dont trust me?  

3 days ago
7/2/07
Tim Duncan - 

hahaha.

I just think I may have spotted a pretty slick move..

I hope you are right.

I have mentioned several times I don't really want cash for me sliver, but would be happy trading it for gold if the ratio was not so nuts.

But if Silver ever climbs enough I would sell it.

Probably already have enough gold currently.
Edited: 3 days ago
6/20/13
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wQWIc2IW6EwTim Duncan -
Tim Duncan -

For a little while then it will snap back like an arloski bitch slap to 10

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wQWIc2IW6Ew

3 days ago
1/1/01
williepep -
Tim Duncan - 

hahaha.

I hope you are right.

I have mentioned several times I don't really want cash for me sliver, but would be happy trading it for gold if the ratio was not so nuts.

Not really a slick move,  you think silver is a shit investment and I offered to buy an ase from you for 30 bucks at the end of the year because I am bullish.  If you are hesitant maybe you think I am right.

I can still get ASEs for less than 30 bucks now but I believe they will fetch more than that at the end of the year hence the wage.  It will be ironic for one of us

3 days ago
6/20/13
Tim Duncan -
williepep -
Tim Duncan - 

hahaha.

I hope you are right.

Not really a slick move,  you think silver is a shit investment and I offered to buy an ase from you for 30 bucks at the end of the year because I am bullish.  If you are hesitant maybe you think I am right.

I can still get ASEs for less than 30 bucks now but I believe they will fetch more than that at the end of the year hence the wage.  It will be ironic for one of us

Apmex is charging higher premiums for junk silver than the actual price of silver... $14.99 over spot for junk silver.... it wasn’t even this bad in 2008. I should have got some silver a few years back. OP was right.

3 days ago
1/1/01
Tim Duncan -
williepep -
Tim Duncan - 

hahaha.

I hope you are right.

Apmex is charging higher premiums for junk silver than the actual price of silver... $14.99 over spot for junk silver.... it wasn’t even this bad in 2008. I should have got some silver a few years back. OP was right.

100% more than the spot price for junk?

Thats crazy.

If you want to buy physical because you don't think the SLV is gonna turn out good why not just buy bars and rounds that are closer to spot?

Just a couple years ago, last time I looked, Apmex sold their 1 ounce rounds for $1 over spot.

Despite what doomers say, there is never gonna be a time you are gonna hand someone a silver dime for a days work on your farm or hand someone a dime for some of their produce.

Dealers charging that much for junk just sounds like dealers taking "preppers" to the clearners.

3 days ago
2/4/07
Tim Duncan -
williepep -
Tim Duncan - 

hahaha.

I hope you are right.

OP seems like a good dude from everything I have seen him post, but OP was not right here.

Opening post was 12/27/2011

Spot price then:

December 23, 2011

$29.22 oz

December 28, 2011

$28.65 oz

https://sdbullion.com/silver-prices-2011

Even with absurd premiums, you wouldn't even be at break even yet if you bought back then.

Meanwhile, price of SPY on 12/27/2011:  126.0600

https://www.wsj.com/market-data/quotes/etf/SPY/historical-prices

Price of SPY at close Friday: 253.42

So even with a HUGE market crash, you'd still have doubled your money if you invested in the SP500 instead and that's not even including dividends reinvested, which would make your return even larger.

3 days ago
6/20/13
Sandy Pantz -
Tim Duncan -
williepep -
Tim Duncan - 

hahaha.

I hope you are right.

OP seems like a good dude from everything I have seen him post, but OP was not right here.

Opening post was 12/27/2011

Spot price then:

December 23, 2011

$29.22 oz

December 28, 2011

$28.65 oz

https://sdbullion.com/silver-prices-2011

Even with absurd premiums, you wouldn't even be at break even yet if you bought back then.

Meanwhile, price of SPY on 12/27/2011:  126.0600

https://www.wsj.com/market-data/quotes/etf/SPY/historical-prices

Price of SPY at close Friday: 253.42

So even with a HUGE market crash, you'd still have doubled your money if you invested in the SP500 instead and that's not even including dividends reinvested, which would make your return even larger.

The opening post was at $14.98 an oz. as posted in the very first post in 2015.  If OP bought then he would be almost doubling his money on ebay. I wish I would have done that.

I got into crypto instead which is returning to its intrinsic value.

OP claimed silver will be $100 an oz by 2030. He may he right in 2020.