OtherGround Forums .999 Silver = Best long term investment

16 days ago
9/22/16
Soooo... I just found a bag of silver that I forgot I bought like eight years ago. Not a lot, but it's eight bicentennial Eisenhower dollars (the 1776-1976 ones) and 12 of the Kennedy 40% half dollars. I was looking for the phone mount for my motorcycle and there it was.

I think I may have more random silver in boxes at home. I'm not shopping for any, but it made me feel good, nostalgic. I'll be keeping it.
15 days ago
6/20/13
AnthonyWeiner - Soooo... I just found a bag of silver that I forgot I bought like eight years ago. Not a lot, but it's eight bicentennial Eisenhower dollars (the 1776-1976 ones) and 12 of the Kennedy 40% half dollars. I was looking for the phone mount for my motorcycle and there it was.

I think I may have more random silver in boxes at home. I'm not shopping for any, but it made me feel good, nostalgic. I'll be keeping it.

Beautiful champ

15 days ago
1/1/01

A Guy I know has a store. He was counting the money one day and found 500 bucks is silver quarters.  Some kid found grandpas old coins and bought chips and a coke with it.

15 days ago
12/11/12

15 days ago
1/1/01

14 days ago
8/4/08
jscorbett - 

Absolutely.
I've got nearly $400 in nickels as the poor man's barter.
But I think things like charcoal, soil ammendments, books, seeds, and bikes will go up tremendously.

Today, metals started off in a frenzy, but as they began skyrocketing, were HAMMERED down in the trading sector.
The manipulation occurring is biblical.
Even against the greenback when it's is losing ground, such as today, metals are lateral, after being up significantly.
This tells me banks are about to merge as deals are being made behind closed doors to attain more metal.
Edited: 14 days ago
12/11/12
sparkuri -
jscorbett - 

Absolutely.
But I think things like charcoal, soil ammendments, books, seeds, and bikes will go up tremendously.

Today, metals started off in a frenzy, but as they began skyrocketing, were HAMMERED down in the trading sector.
Even against the greenback when it's is losing ground, such as today, metals are lateral, after being up significantly.
This tells me banks are about to merge as deals are being made behind closed doors to attain more metal.

Which year nickels? 

14 days ago
11/10/18

I bought maple leafs today. I’m just gonna keep buying lol. 

14 days ago
8/4/08
BJTT_Pella - 
sparkuri -
jscorbett - 

Absolutely.

Which year nickels? 

Nothing between 1942-45 unfortunately.
The point there is the actual nickel.
Nickels by metal are worth more than a quarter, and all change will be worth more than green toilet paper.
After September 22, I imagine nickel will eventually triple, or higher.
14 days ago
12/11/12
sparkuri -
BJTT_Pella - 
sparkuri -
jscorbett - 

Absolutely.

Which year nickels? 

Nothing between 1942-45 unfortunately.
The point there is the actual nickel.
Nickels by metal are worth more than a quarter, and all change will be worth more than green toilet paper.
After September 22, I imagine nickel will eventually triple, or higher.

Well put. 

14 days ago
3/20/12
I'm getting a roll of nickels when I go to the bank now.

I have 4.

If it doesn't pan out they are still heavy and shiny and cheap as hell to acquire.

Spark and I are gonna trade seeds and nickels when the power goes out.
14 days ago
6/20/13

“Pull It!” The 9/11/2020 Silver Trigger! Watch CRIMEX Fall Faster Than WTC7! (Video)

14 days ago
1/1/01
Rambo John J - I'm getting a roll of nickels when I go to the bank now.

I have 4.

If it doesn't pan out they are still heavy and shiny and cheap as hell to acquire.

Spark and I are gonna trade seeds and nickels when the power goes out.

I have a bunch of nickels but I don’t think they are worth saving.  Silver is the way to go imo.  

rememberthrought most of history a 10 hour days worth of work was work a 10th of an ounce of silver.  Same as being an infantry man.  Can you imagine toiling all day in the hot sun or fighting a bloody war for a silver dime?  You can still pick up a bag of silver dimes for cheap.

I do believe we will see a reversion to the mean in our lifetime

14 days ago
1/1/01

Might not be a silver dime but it will be less than an ounce for a days worth of hard labor

13 days ago
6/20/13
Tim Duncan -

Might not be a silver dime but it will be less than an ounce for a days worth of hard labor

I agree... might only be 18 months away

13 days ago
1/1/01
Looney Ronulan Paultard -
Tim Duncan -

I agree... might only be 18 months away

Silver is 30 bucks give or take.  I hope it does a Tesla in 5 years and goes to 2000.

All the pundits say 600 dollar silver means hyper inflation but maybe not.  The market cap for Apple is almost 2 trillion now and we have no hyper inflation.  The other Fang stocks too.

I think Uncle Sam will repay the debt with high metal prices.  Hopefully we can ride his coat tails up too

13 days ago
1/1/01

I'm following this guys twitter. Who else is a good twitter follow in the metals?

13 days ago
1/1/01

13 days ago
11/20/13
BJ Penn Forever -

Thanks for sharing. This thread led me down a rabbit hole, in a good way

12 days ago
9/22/16
Someone break down the discussion of silver deliveries in easy terms? I'd like to go down the google rabbit hole, but I'm at work, and dealing with hood rat issues.
12 days ago
1/1/01
AnthonyWeiner - Someone break down the discussion of silver deliveries in easy terms? I'd like to go down the google rabbit hole, but I'm at work, and dealing with hood rat issues.

Icant break down the shenanigans of the Comex and the other eff scams.  What I do know is what Ron Kirby has said,  that gold and silver cannot be printed.  I dont think the scams can go on for much longer.

Ron also said that trying stand for deliveries for a lot of metal can get you fucked,Ibelieve that too

12 days ago
9/22/16
Tim Duncan - 
AnthonyWeiner - Someone break down the discussion of silver deliveries in easy terms? I'd like to go down the google rabbit hole, but I'm at work, and dealing with hood rat issues.

Icant break down the shenanigans of the Comex and the other eff scams.  What I do know is what Ron Kirby has said,  that gold and silver cannot be printed.  I dont think the scams can go on for much longer.

Ron also said that trying stand for deliveries for a lot of metal can get you fucked,Ibelieve that too

Is there a rash of people purchasing silver wanting delivery?
12 days ago
1/1/01
AnthonyWeiner -
Tim Duncan - 

Retail?  I think the supplies are getting tight.

One thing no one has ever explained is why industrial sulver cant be turned into investment silver.  That would double the supply instantly.  Some industries are using less now so Im surprised they havent done this

12 days ago
8/4/08
Tim Duncan - 
AnthonyWeiner -
Tim Duncan - 

One thing no one has ever explained is why industrial sulver cant be turned into investment silver.  That would double the supply instantly.  Some industries are using less now so Im surprised they havent done this

It is SO spread thin it's not worth the effort.
It's a coating with like 2 valence electrons, electricity travels on the outside of conductors, so the plating carries the current, and is very thin.
To this point, it hasn't been worth the time, money, and solutions needed to separate.
Gold for instance is a painstaking extraction for very little.
You'd have to be an experienced chemist, processing gold-plating in-between doing other things, and have mass quantities to be viable.

EG: Part one.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfNezDyNvVI&t=3s

Part two... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3Zw3iRjtpg

And this is a metal worth 72 times more than silver.
Methods are similar in many ways.
12 days ago
8/4/08
sparkuri - 
Tim Duncan - 
AnthonyWeiner -
Tim Duncan - 

It is SO spread thin it's not worth the effort.
It's a coating with like 2 valence electrons, electricity travels on the outside of conductors, so the plating carries the current, and is very thin.
To this point, it hasn't been worth the time, money, and solutions needed to separate.
Gold for instance is a painstaking extraction for very little.
You'd have to be an experienced chemist, processing gold-plating in-between doing other things, and have mass quantities to be viable.

EG: Part one.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfNezDyNvVI&t=3s

Part two... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3Zw3iRjtpg

And this is a metal worth 72 times more than silver.
Methods are similar in many ways.

Sorry, I was assuming you meant recycling industrial after use.