OtherGround Forums .999 Silver = Best long term investment

9/21/20 3:14 PM
8/4/08
What a day, lol.
Desi was talking about this yesterday, SCARY manipulation.

Dollar way up, metals and markets way down.
This crash will be like 1000 Titanics.
9/21/20 3:42 PM
1/1/01

Ihope they take it all the way down to 20

9/22/20 12:29 AM
6/20/13

What did everyone buy??? Miners or physical?

9/22/20 3:06 AM
8/4/08
Looney Ronulan Paultard - 

What did everyone buy??? Miners or physical?

Neither, it keeps dropping.
If it hits 22 I'll go in on pre-33 & numismatic.

There's a lot of evil people behind closed doors amassing wealth beyond comprehension, and they deserve bullets to the head.

I have a feeling it's gonna take a lotta lead and soul-selling to cash in, or VERY timely exchanges.
It'd be a good idea to get to know dealers on a personal level.
9/22/20 10:01 AM
1/1/01

Is this accurate?

9/22/20 10:36 AM
6/20/13
BJ Penn Forever -

Is this accurate?

Looks like a silver chart.... silver was more expensive 100 years ago. 

9/22/20 12:51 PM
1/1/01
BJ Penn Forever -

Is this accurate?

Flip that chart upsidedown for what happens in the future.  The sp500 is really just another name for the faangs stocks.  Some of them dont make money and most are over valued by pe ratios.  Fundamentals will matter soon.

9/22/20 10:14 PM
8/9/07

Bought my first 1/4oz American Gold Eagle today.  Is eBay usually the cheapest place to buy?

9/22/20 10:45 PM
6/20/13
OtherGrooundDropIn -

Bought my first 1/4oz American Gold Eagle today.  Is eBay usually the cheapest place to buy?

Congrats! 
Ebay does have some good deals. 

9/22/20 10:50 PM
7/2/07
OtherGrooundDropIn - 

those are neat

I keep eyeing Eagles
9/22/20 10:52 PM
9/22/16
OtherGrooundDropIn - 

Ebay is a good place to buy fake gold and silver.
9/22/20 11:00 PM
12/11/12
OtherGrooundDropIn -

I like to buy from local coin shops and even some pawn shops. If I were to buy from an online source, I would look around on https://findbullionprices.com/ and find a reputable source that has low premiums. The dealer premiums can fluctuate. I don’t personally like ebay. 

9/22/20 11:13 PM
6/20/13
AnthonyWeiner -
OtherGrooundDropIn - 

One of the best for fake gold

9/23/20 12:10 AM
1/1/01
AnthonyWeiner -
OtherGrooundDropIn - 

I was thinking of buying a bag of fake silver as a decoy

9/23/20 7:50 AM
9/22/16
Tim Duncan - 
AnthonyWeiner -
OtherGrooundDropIn - 

DM me and I'll send you some fake Aussie rounds. I've got fake Kookaburras, fake Spiders, and fake Crocodiles. I had a guy send me $2000 worth, and when I coin-flipped a few, every single one of them was brass. I disputed it with PayPal, and the guy demanded that I send the rounds back. I said, "Sure, give me an address, I'll forward it to the Postmaster General and Secret Service."

Got my money back, never heard from him again, and I'm sitting on hundreds of these fuckers. Physically, they are 99 percent accurate. The weight is almost perfect, but they are obviously brass when tested by magnet or flip.
9/23/20 7:53 AM
6/20/13
AnthonyWeiner -
Tim Duncan - 
AnthonyWeiner -
OtherGrooundDropIn - 

DM me and I'll send you some fake Aussie rounds. I've got fake Kookaburras, fake Spiders, and fake Crocodiles. I had a guy send me $2000 worth, and when I coin-flipped a few, every single one of them was brass. I disputed it with PayPal, and the guy demanded that I send the rounds back. I said, "Sure, give me an address, I'll forward it to the Postmaster General and Secret Service."

Got my money back, never heard from him again, and I'm sitting on hundreds of these fuckers. Physically, they are 99 percent accurate. The weight is almost perfect, but they are obviously brass when tested by magnet or flip.

Can you drop one on a table alongside a silver round and hear the difference?

9/23/20 10:06 AM
7/2/07
Silver easing back down

Gold easing down a bit as well.
9/23/20 10:29 AM
9/22/16
Looney Ronulan Paultard - 
AnthonyWeiner -
Tim Duncan - 
AnthonyWeiner -
OtherGrooundDropIn - 

Can you drop one on a table alongside a silver round and hear the difference?

Yes, and it's super obvious.

Flip one your your real silver rounds on a table. It makes a unique, higher-pitched ping when striking the surface. Where brass makes that heavy clank, much louder. If you do the flip test with a real round and a fake round, even once, you'll never fall for a fake again.
9/23/20 11:18 AM
8/9/07
Looney Ronulan Paultard -
OtherGrooundDropIn -

Congrats! 

Thank you.  I was going to buy from apmex, but I found the exact same coin for about $40 less on eBay.  The seller is Liberty Coin.  They have close to 240,000 100% positive feedback and have been on eBay since 2000, so I hope it’s not that fake gold.

9/23/20 12:19 PM
9/22/16
OtherGrooundDropIn - 
Looney Ronulan Paultard -
OtherGrooundDropIn -

Congrats! 

Thank you.  I was going to buy from apmex, but I found the exact same coin for about $40 less on eBay.  The seller is Liberty Coin.  They have close to 240,000 100% positive feedback and have been on eBay since 2000, so I hope it’s not that fake gold.

That seems to be a reputable source.
9/23/20 12:41 PM
12/27/13

So im going to buy some silver on friday and start investing in it. 

1) what is the smartest way to do it? Bars? or coins?

2) is it better to buy rounds or AMERICAN EAGLES or Silver buffalloes?

3) what about taxes? in my state no sales tax and most coin shops dont report if you sell them under $1000. what stategically is the best way and the smartest amounts to buy and sell?

im not collecting, im just trying to stack and flip

9/23/20 1:58 PM
1/1/01
mayor daley -

3) what about taxes? in my state no sales tax and most coin shops dont report if you sell them under $1000. what stategically is the best way and the smartest amounts to buy and sell?

Buy 1 ounce rounds with the lowest premiums.  In my opinion you never recapture the premiums as a percentage of the silver when you sell.  If you buy from any reputable bullion company your metal has been tested and is insured.  You are also getting the lowest premiums possible.  The only way to get a lower premium is through private party but you run many risks with that

9/23/20 2:31 PM
12/11/12
mayor daley -

Just remember stacking and flipping are 2 seperate ways to do what your talking about.

Stacking is a long term goal. Taking possesion of physical precious metals carries a premium beyond the spot or melt price. It can, undef normal circumstances take a long time for spot price to go beyond the premiums paid. 

flipping precious metals is a short term idea to make money quickly, usually. By buying paper silver you escape the premiums attached to physical. If I wanted short term silver to try and flip, it would be paper. 

what do you want to do? Flip or stack silver? 

9/23/20 5:22 PM
1/1/01

Ordered 50 rounds today at 26 a piece.  Ok deal

9/23/20 6:24 PM
8/4/08
Tim Duncan - 

Ordered 50 rounds today at 26 a piece.  Ok deal

26?

They're at my local coun shop for $24.60.

I must live in a lucky area.