OtherGround Forums .999 Silver = Best long term investment

9/23/20 6:26 PM
8/4/08
sparkuri - 
Tim Duncan - 

Ordered 50 rounds today at 26 a piece.  Ok deal

26?

They're at my local coun shop for $24.60.

I must live in a lucky area.

AE are 26.79
9/23/20 6:29 PM
8/4/08
sparkuri - 
Tim Duncan - 

26?

AE are 26.79
9/23/20 6:29 PM
8/4/08
I think platinum is the move right now.
9/23/20 6:36 PM
7/2/07
Anyone care to explain what is happening ?

Price of Silver is now below (once again) when this thread was started.

We should have sold when we had the chance.

Now we are going to be one of the poors if this continues
9/23/20 7:50 PM
11/10/18
williepep - Silver easing back down

Gold easing down a bit as well.

Lol easing? 10% a day is a little faster than easing. 

9/23/20 7:55 PM
8/4/08
williepep - Anyone care to explain what is happening ?

There is no reason on earth it should be going down, other than manipulation.

Every analyst says "your guess is as good as mine".
When the premiums drop, then be concerned, but it's losing relative to paper currency as much as trading.

If the greenback goes up $1 then silver drops $4, be happy you have both because it accounts for +/- 25%

In my limited but relatively discerning experience, this scares traders away so those that are long(banks & believers) can scoop up the lions share.
9/23/20 8:05 PM
8/4/08
Ratio is currently 85:1
9/23/20 8:15 PM
8/20/03

Subbed as I am going to start reading this thread.

9/23/20 9:50 PM
11/10/18
williepep - Anyone care to explain what is happening ?

For an unknown reason the dollar is gaining value. It’s so stupid that it’s actually funny.

9/23/20 10:47 PM
1/1/01
sparkuri -
Tim Duncan - 

26?

Good for you.  They aren’t 26 at my coin shop

9/23/20 10:49 PM
1/1/01
Eskimo -

For an unknown reason the dollar is gaining value. It’s so stupid that it’s actually funny.

I think it is a sort of dollar trap.  The worlds debt is denominated in dollars so countries need dollars to pay their debts which creates demand.  The dollars days are numbered and a lot of countries are moving away from the dollar slowly. Personally I am not looking forward to the day when the dollar isn’t the reserve currency

9/23/20 10:56 PM
11/10/18
Tim Duncan -
Eskimo -

I think it is a sort of dollar trap.  The worlds debt is denominated in dollars so countries need dollars to pay their debts which creates demand.  The dollars days are numbered and a lot of countries are moving away from the dollar slowly. Personally I am not looking forward to the day when the dollar isn’t the reserve currency

Yep, it’s gonna get ugly. May reach a point where it doesn’t matter if you have wealth if you can’t defend your stuff and most businesses are closed so there isn’t much to do. Economic hardship or collapse is horrible for 99.9% of people. Only the ultra wealthy flourish in that scenario. 

Edited: 9/23/20 11:05 PM
3/20/12
I will buy a few coins at this time

9/23/20 11:08 PM
8/4/08
Tim Duncan - 
sparkuri -
Tim Duncan - 

26?

Good for you.  They aren’t 26 at my coin shop

They deliver...pm me; they're currently 23.98.
9/23/20 11:09 PM
8/4/08
https://youtu.be/-Jw0GNTrcsQ
9/24/20 12:24 AM
1/1/01

I think the end game for all this blm violence is for the elite to acquire cheap real estate.  I heard whole blocks are being razed with no protection

9/24/20 12:33 AM
12/27/13
BJTT_Pella -
mayor daley -

So im going to buy some silver on friday and start investing in it. 

1) what is the smartest way to do it? Bars? or coins?

2) is it better to buy rounds or AMERICAN EAGLES or Silver buffalloes?

3) what about taxes? in my state no sales tax and most coin shops dont report if you sell them under $1000. what stategically is the best way and the smartest amounts to buy and sell?

im not collecting, im just trying to stack and flip

Just remember stacking and flipping are 2 seperate ways to do what your talking about.

Stacking is a long term goal. Taking possesion of physical precious metals carries a premium beyond the spot or melt price. It can, undef normal circumstances take a long time for spot price to go beyond the premiums paid. 

flipping precious metals is a short term idea to make money quickly, usually. By buying paper silver you escape the premiums attached to physical. If I wanted short term silver to try and flip, it would be paper. 

what do you want to do? Flip or stack silver? 

paper silver? wow im a noob. whats that?

im trying to do both 

- buy some silver now and sell hopefully within 1.5 - 1 years if it jumps up

-purchase some silver and forget about it

what is the best value? rounds or mint american eagles? the premium on the eagles seems to be kinda high (7-9 bucks) is it worth it? or just buy bars?

9/24/20 12:43 AM
11/10/18
Tim Duncan -

I think the end game for all this blm violence is for the elite to acquire cheap real estate.  I heard whole blocks are being razed with no protection

Could well be. Imagine how much cheaper it will be in New York and other major cities in a year or two. I know this, it certainly has nothing to do with helping blacks.

9/24/20 11:52 AM
12/11/12
mayor daley -
BJTT_Pella -
mayor daley -

So im going to buy some silver on friday and start investing in it. 

1) what is the smartest way to do it? Bars? or coins?

2) is it better to buy rounds or AMERICAN EAGLES or Silver buffalloes?

3) what about taxes? in my state no sales tax and most coin shops dont report if you sell them under $1000. what stategically is the best way and the smartest amounts to buy and sell?

im not collecting, im just trying to stack and flip

Just remember stacking and flipping are 2 seperate ways to do what your talking about.

Stacking is a long term goal. Taking possesion of physical precious metals carries a premium beyond the spot or melt price. It can, undef normal circumstances take a long time for spot price to go beyond the premiums paid. 

flipping precious metals is a short term idea to make money quickly, usually. By buying paper silver you escape the premiums attached to physical. If I wanted short term silver to try and flip, it would be paper. 

what do you want to do? Flip or stack silver? 

paper silver? wow im a noob. whats that?

im trying to do both 

- buy some silver now and sell hopefully within 1.5 - 1 years if it jumps up

-purchase some silver and forget about it

what is the best value? rounds or mint american eagles? the premium on the eagles seems to be kinda high (7-9 bucks) is it worth it? or just buy bars?

Paper silver is in reference to silver being traded on the stock market in the form of ETF’s. you hold a paper promisary note, not actual silver. Many people make money that way. It honestly scares the shit out of me. 

I prefer to buy low premium silver rounds like Mr. Duncan said. Right now, personally for me because of a higher spot price and premiums, I’m staying away from ASE’s. Generic silver rounds with a low premium is what I look for, bars too.

Premiums for ASE’s are too high for me. Silver is barely getting to the price I will buy again. Lots of people buy it no matter what. I’m cheap so I look for the cheapest silver and gold. There are people who feel that ASE’s at $30 are still a deal. I think it is all up to the person. It also varies where you are located. 

9/24/20 12:56 PM
1/1/01
Eskimo -
Tim Duncan -

Could well be. Imagine how much cheaper it will be in New York and other major cities in a year or two. I know this, it certainly has nothing to do with helping blacks.

I Liked that rabbit hole you pointed me to about the boule.  Jives with what I thought for years

9/24/20 3:15 PM
11/10/18
Tim Duncan -
Eskimo -
Tim Duncan -

I Liked that rabbit hole you pointed me to about the boule.  Jives with what I thought for years

Awesome, glad you liked it. My brother led me to it. 

9/24/20 3:38 PM
8/9/07

What’s a good price for ASE rn?  How much over spot?

9/24/20 3:59 PM
12/11/12

9/24/20 4:04 PM
12/11/12

^^^I can’t edit that to put text. The above post is some prices of a few big online dealers at the monent. Whether or not that is a good price is debatable. The green is the lowest advertised price online at the time. I use it to see what the online market looks like. I can usually beat online prices by a little bit buying from a local coin shop or pawn shop. 

9/26/20 9:06 AM
4/17/15

https://qz.com/1749695/facebook-ads-targeted-fox-news-fans-for-shady-silver-coin-scheme/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=daily-brief&utm_content=9823234