OtherGround Forums .999 Silver = Best long term investment

10/15/20 7:17 AM
1/1/01
Eskimo -
BJ Penn Forever -
Tim Duncan -
BJ Penn Forever -

Looks like a hockey stick to me without seeing it in chart form.

We are going to hit 5th trillion in a month then 6th trillion the next week.

were fucked

I'm just trying to wrap my head around it.

Just want a feel for what the next 3-5 years will be like in the US.

My opinion is they keep kicking the can down the road another 5-10 years and during that period things will seem great to most people as the government gives away money. After that it either crashes or they “save” us with debt jubilees and total digital currency. Either option is absolutely terrible. I’m guessing it will be the digital option. We aren’t folding as a financial superpower unless something catastrophic happens to our military. That said, there could be huge swings in the value of the dollar, the stock market, property, metals, etc.

Kicking the can down the road for 5-10... that was everyone's call in 2008. Everyone gets timing wrong though. Now a debt jubilee and digital currency, huge swiings etc... yeah all that has been on the table for a while. I don't have the background to understand everything on a high level but there are some huge challenges ahead.

10/15/20 10:00 AM
7/2/07
^^^^ Glad you mentioned 2008.

Most things we are talking about were stated during that time frame.

One of the most compelling explanations I heard presented were people stating it was not a correction or a recession but a reset. That all assets were going to go down in value.

A true reset occurs historically when it becomes too expensive for the next generation to live.

The argument was very compelling.

It is important to note that I generally missed out on what is probably one of the greatest asset value increases in modern history and the stock market bull run (not completely) playing it safe thinking the bad times were about to come.

For perspective I was coming off the heals of losing the largest amounts of money I have lost in a high rise hotel project.

Played safe kept a lot of dry powder so to speak, but have not experienced the investment increases that many people did during that time.

10/15/20 10:18 AM
1/1/01
williepep - ^^^^ Glad you mentioned 2008.

One of the most compelling explanations I heard presented were people stating it was not a correction or a recession but a reset. That all assets were going to go down in value.

A true reset occurs historically when it becomes too expensive for the next generation to live.

It is important to note that I generally missed out on what is probably one of the greatest asset value increases in modern history and the stock market bull run (not completely) playing it safe thinking the bad times were about to come.

For perspective I was coming off the heals of losing the largest amounts of money I have lost in a high rise hotel project.

Played safe kept a lot of dry powder so to speak, but have not experienced the investment increases that many people did during that time.

What will the increases of the last decade in the US markets look like after a 50% correction and a decade of consolidation? I've heard it called a possible outcome in the next decade. So many variables.

I know very little of resets in history. When was the last giant reset?

10/15/20 2:45 PM
1/1/01
BJ Penn Forever -
williepep - ^^^^ Glad you mentioned 2008.

What will the increases of the last decade in the US markets look like after a 50% correction and a decade of consolidation? I've heard it called a possible outcome in the next decade. So many variables.

I know very little of resets in history. When was the last giant reset?

I don’t think there has ever been a global reset other than when that big asteroid hit earth and killed all the dinosaurs.  I’ve heard that Japan had a massive crash in real estate,  commercial real estate took a 90% hair cut in some locations.

The USA had massive inflation in the 70s and 80s,  probably a result of closing the gold converablbility and over spending.

A lot of countries have busted and reset asset prices.  There are always winners and losers,  I think there will be far more losers this time however

10/28/20 2:24 AM
6/20/13

OP could have been right if he didn’t change the original post. 

10/28/20 11:37 AM
12/11/12

Metals took a beating overnight/this morning.
10/28/20 12:51 PM
1/1/01
BJTT_Pella -

My faul, I bought more silver

10/28/20 12:54 PM
1/1/01
Tim Duncan -
BJTT_Pella -

My faul, I bought more silver

Could have saved a dollar a coin almost

10/28/20 12:57 PM
1/1/01

Im actually happy we can still get physical for less than 30.  When metal gets over 30 I might start looking for something else to store,  maybe food.  Food here has been going up more than anything other than ammo.  

I read this one hedge fund guy is investing in food and he expects the prices of food to go up 400% in 5 years or something

10/28/20 1:51 PM
11/10/18
Tim Duncan -

Im actually happy we can still get physical for less than 30.  When metal gets over 30 I might start looking for something else to store,  maybe food.  Food here has been going up more than anything other than ammo.  

I read this one hedge fund guy is investing in food and he expects the prices of food to go up 400% in 5 years or something

Imo there will be big time inflation on food starting in 2021

10/28/20 2:33 PM
1/1/01
Eskimo -
Tim Duncan -

Imo there will be big time inflation on food starting in 2021

Unfortunately you are right.  Ibuy the same things from Costco every week and I see the creepe ery time I shop.  Cheese that was 7 bucks a year ago is 10.

I think I will have a chance to get my ag land when the dollar blows up,  then I will produce food with my hippy workers.

10/28/20 4:19 PM
6/20/13

10/28/20 10:14 PM
8/4/08
Looney Ronulan Paultard - 

All I ask for is 1/10th of this without a dollar crash; is that too much to ask?

yes, yes it is...
10/30/20 3:02 PM
1/1/01
sparkuri -

All I ask for is 1/10th of this without a dollar crash; is that too much to ask?

yes, yes it is...

Personally I dont see why we cant have 100% without a dollar crash. When you have 12k bitcoin and 2k tesla, and million dollar shacks in cities what difference does it make?  Probably 1%of the population has investment grade metalsso the masseswill look at that and shrugtheir shoulders.The news will black out the metals rising tokeep most of themin the dark, Wall street will offer more derivatives like etfs and funds.

10/30/20 3:14 PM
8/9/07

Time to buy/hold/sell PM right now?

10/30/20 3:20 PM
11/10/18
Tim Duncan -
sparkuri -

yes, yes it is...

Personally I dont see why we cant have 100% without a dollar crash. When you have 12k bitcoin and 2k tesla, and million dollar shacks in cities what difference does it make?  Probably 1%of the population has investment grade metalsso the masseswill look at that and shrugtheir shoulders.The news will black out the metals rising tokeep most of themin the dark, Wall street will offer more derivatives like etfs and funds.

In theory you’re correct, but I’m just not sure if metals are going to get the love we are all hoping for. If we have another lockdown of a month or more that is a clear indication to me that we’re speeding towards digital currency and UBI at breakneck speed, because there’s absolutely no other reason to keep locking things down. Clearly the goal is to kill businesses. If that happens I’m selling all my metals if any pop occurs. Once the digital currency and UBI hit the metals simply won’t have any value. You guys do whatever you think is best, but it’s obvious to me this stuff is manipulated at a higher level than I previously believed. There isn’t a rainbow with a pot of gold at the end of digital currency. Just a spread sheet with assets and liabilities and I’m afraid the metals won’t get counted as cash assets. 
If we don’t have another lockdown I’ll continue to hold my metals. 

10/30/20 4:30 PM
1/1/01

I Agree that what you said might happen, I just dont thinkit will.I have 5000 years of history on my side.  Doesnt mean it will happen the same way but history usually rhymes. 

IMO the will be 2 resets.  1st reset will be by the governments and it will fail because nothing willchange. The second reset will be by free markets and metals will shine then.

metals will be valueable when there is digital currency because it will be the only money that is outside the system.  They can track crypto if they want.  Theycan outlaw metal but it will be drive underground.  

Ive said it before, I think Trump might treat metal like money,  no capital gains.  This would get the most metals outinto circulation and the Government could collect them all and use it to back their currency.  ABiden ban will just drive metalsintodeep storagefor decades

10/30/20 5:22 PM
6/20/13
Eskimo -
Tim Duncan -
sparkuri -

yes, yes it is...

In theory you’re correct, but I’m just not sure if metals are going to get the love we are all hoping for. If we have another lockdown of a month or more that is a clear indication to me that we’re speeding towards digital currency and UBI at breakneck speed, because there’s absolutely no other reason to keep locking things down. Clearly the goal is to kill businesses. If that happens I’m selling all my metals if any pop occurs. Once the digital currency and UBI hit the metals simply won’t have any value. You guys do whatever you think is best, but it’s obvious to me this stuff is manipulated at a higher level than I previously believed. There isn’t a rainbow with a pot of gold at the end of digital currency. Just a spread sheet with assets and liabilities and I’m afraid the metals won’t get counted as cash assets. 
If we don’t have another lockdown I’ll continue to hold my metals. 

I think metals and bitcoin will have more value if the Davos crowd pushes UBI and central bank digital currency too soon. The boomers won’t accept it... Greshams law and Exters’ pyramid soon

10/30/20 5:29 PM
1/1/01

10/30/20 5:29 PM
1/1/01

I Like the silvershield graphic that has a little silver tip

10/30/20 5:30 PM
1/1/01

10/30/20 5:37 PM
11/10/18

You guys underestimate the level of control that will be leveraged through digital currency. 

10/30/20 5:38 PM
11/10/18

10/30/20 6:21 PM
11/10/18

10/30/20 7:15 PM
1/1/01
Eskimo -

You guys underestimate the level of control that will be leveraged through digital currency. 

I don’t under estimate the level of control.  I do think that there is a chance people could wake up and fight it,  probably after enough is taken away from them.

I think we are nearing the point where people will say enough is enough.  No more shutting down our economy.  No more assault on traditional values.  No more stealing buying power from savers