OtherGround Forums .999 Silver = Best long term investment

11/30/20 9:38 PM
8/4/08
salyer36 - 

My personal belief is gold has to drag silver up. Silver could ultimately have a larger % gain, but gold has to lead. Kind of like how BTC paces alt coins.

I can’t back this thesis up with data- just my personal view.

This isn't some personal opinion, it's well-known fact.
11/30/20 9:59 PM
5/3/01

bitcoin cost $2 in dec 2011

11/30/20 10:40 PM
1/1/01
Peixes -

It will retrace that number

11/30/20 10:41 PM
1/1/01
salyer36 -

My personal belief is gold has to drag silver up. Silver could ultimately have a larger % gain, but gold has to lead. Kind of like how BTC paces alt coins.

I can’t back this thesis up with data- just my personal view.

I think gold will come out of the gate like a bat out of hell but silver will catch up before blowing its wad,  hopefully I have time to unload

12/1/20 12:24 AM
7/23/09

Anybody buy this

12/1/20 12:28 AM
5/3/01
Tim Duncan -
Peixes -

lol

in all likelihood, yes

hopefully not prior to making a lot of everyday people millionaires

12/1/20 12:51 AM
1/1/01
CavRyda -

Anybody buy this

I had one

12/1/20 1:53 AM
6/20/13
CavRyda -

Anybody buy this

This is great

12/1/20 8:55 AM
1/1/01
Peixes -
Tim Duncan -
Peixes -

lol

in all likelihood, yes

Sure bitcoin can go to $2 or $0 but other new cryptos (maybe central bank backed) will be as valuable as bitcoin is now.

Cryptos are going nowhere. Paper central bank money is more likely to be reduced by 90 or 95% than crypto going away.

Maybe silver has an unofficial gold like monetary use in the future that is larger than what it has enjoyed over the past few decades, its very important in industry and for sure one of the most finite resources out there.

In a digital world... silver is not very good money as its not very divisible or portable in day to day life compared to crypto or the USD. Trading old silver dimes for organic chickens is not the ticket to future survival. Still... given its limited supply, silver should have a much higher value than at the moment and it should retain value well in the post-USD world.

12/1/20 12:17 PM
8/4/08
@desogames

#Stack

Comex contracts are in, silver, gold, platinum taking off.

Remember that rollover into December he was talking about.
He *appears* correct.
12/1/20 1:30 PM
1/1/01
BJ Penn Forever -
Peixes -
Tim Duncan -
Peixes -

lol

in all likelihood, yes

Sure bitcoin can go to $2 or $0 but other new cryptos (maybe central bank backed) will be as valuable as bitcoin is now.

Cryptos are going nowhere. Paper central bank money is more likely to be reduced by 90 or 95% than crypto going away.

Maybe silver has an unofficial gold like monetary use in the future that is larger than what it has enjoyed over the past few decades, its very important in industry and for sure one of the most finite resources out there.

In a digital world... silver is not very good money as its not very divisible or portable in day to day life compared to crypto or the USD. Trading old silver dimes for organic chickens is not the ticket to future survival. Still... given its limited supply, silver should have a much higher value than at the moment and it should retain value well in the post-USD world.

I think the fed coin and other government coins will not be tulips like bitcoin.  They will function as money and ultimately they will fail like the dollar will

12/1/20 2:13 PM
3/20/12
sparkuri - @desogames

#Stack

He *appears* correct.

almost went big last night

I will likely regret it

May never see 21$ Slivers again

12/1/20 3:42 PM
8/4/08
Rambo John J - 
sparkuri - @desogames

#Stack

He *appears* correct.

almost went big last night

I will likely regret it

May never see 21$ Slivers again

I think on just fundamentals, supply & demand with new industry, platinum has been & will continue to outperform.
The hanky panky going on gold & silver has happened over the last 10 days finds them at square one atm with plat at 10% gain.
Copper and nickel continue to rise, and with that, assuming mining keeps up, platinim should be created, but at what rate?
I wish I had that kind of capital to play with.

In short, I wish, that, I knew what I know now, when I was younger...
12/1/20 6:50 PM
11/10/18
sparkuri - @desogames

#Stack

He *appears* correct.

Yeah, this should be an interesting month. 

Edited: 12/1/20 10:40 PM
6/20/13
Tim Duncan -
BJ Penn Forever -
Peixes -
Tim Duncan -
Peixes -

lol

in all likelihood, yes

I think the fed coin and other government coins will not be tulips like bitcoin.  They will function as money and ultimately they will fail like the dollar will

Interestingly enough... under an Austrian evonomic definition, bitcoin is harder money than gold and silver are. 

12/2/20 6:09 PM
1/1/01
Looney Ronulan Paultard -
Tim Duncan -
BJ Penn Forever -
Peixes -
Tim Duncan -
Peixes -

lol

in all likelihood, yes

Interestingly enough... under an Austrian evonomic definition, bitcoin is harder money than gold and silver are. 

It’s not durable though.  You could bury a gold or silver coin under the ground for hundreds of years and it would retain all of its value.  I have digital devices,  computer,  and programs that don’t work after 20 years.

12/2/20 11:07 PM
11/3/02

Looks like gold is starting to bounce from here. Let’s see what happens 

12/2/20 11:21 PM
8/4/08
salyer36 - 

Looks like gold is starting to bounce from here. Let’s see what happens 

Dollar tanking, economic uncertainty, social uncertainty...
To me, on a macro level, short of manipulation it can only go up, short of....manipulation...
12/3/20 7:40 AM
6/20/13

12/3/20 2:30 PM
6/20/13

KAG... Stop the Steal. Hard Money 2021.
12/3/20 4:14 PM
1/1/01

I would steal this coin

12/3/20 4:33 PM
8/4/08
Tim Duncan - 

I would steal this coin

#MeToo
12/5/20 2:34 PM
6/20/13

Time to start getting some gold

12/13/20 1:11 PM
6/22/13

Canadian here... and just getting into silver/gold/platinum

Where is the best place in Canada to buy bullion? 

Any advice for a newb?  Not looking to dive in...  but thinking of selling some mma memorabilia and re-invest in bullion.   

12/13/20 1:39 PM
10/3/12
crashingwaves -

Canadian here... and just getting into silver/gold/platinum

Where is the best place in Canada to buy bullion? 

Any advice for a newb?  Not looking to dive in...  but thinking of selling some mma memorabilia and re-invest in bullion.   

I'm in the same pool. I found a link to certified retailers on the Canadian Mint site.

Also did some googling and found claims that the price will be dropping over the next few years. https://www.mining.com/cibc-issues-new-forecasts-for-gold-and-silver-prices/#:~:text=Sign%20Up%20for%20the%20Precious%20Metals%20Digest&text=Silver%20prices%20are%20estimated%20to,2023%2C%20and%20%2428%20per%20oz.