OtherGround Forums A quote for cowards and critics to consider.

10 days ago
5/4/14

10 days ago
9/6/19
Very true statement. But where have you stumbled in life Straydog that you feel the need to start going around posting inspirational and similar quotes lol?
10 days ago
3/16/11

Steady Teddy strikes again. 

10 days ago
12/10/18

What would Teddy R. think of President Trump, I wonder?

10 days ago
9/6/19
LieDetector - 

What would Teddy R. think of President Trump, I wonder?

I was literally just about to type that Teddy R. is probably most like Trump of all the Presidents. But they would fucking hate each other, for sure lol.
10 days ago
5/22/05

You put that on your facebook page op? 

10 days ago
5/4/14
MyDaddy - Very true statement. But where have you stumbled in life Straydog that you feel the need to start going around posting inspirational and similar quotes lol?

Haha. Very astute question. I’m currently out of town on a training course for two weeks. My son is trying out for rep hockey and I’m not there to support him. It’s been tough and I feel guilty. 

I’m living alone and missing my family. This was a quote one of the presenters used today and I thought it was awesome. 

Fuck cowards and armchair quarterbacks. 

10 days ago
5/4/14
MyDaddy - Very true statement. But where have you stumbled in life Straydog that you feel the need to start going around posting inspirational and similar quotes lol?

For what it’s worth I’m typically the guy in the arena. Figuratively speaking.  

9 days ago
1/1/01
If you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best!
9 days ago
3/12/07

That quote is kind of stupid. The "man in the arena" shouldn't care what the critic has to say if everything else in the quote is true. Thus, the quote is pointless.

9 days ago
9/15/07

This quote isn’t about playing a game, FYI.

9 days ago
5/12/03

Great quote. 

9 days ago
4/25/11

"Best way to be gettin ova one muthafucka...   Is to be getting unda anotha muthafucka. And that be real talk, ya erd me dawg? Das was up wit it."

- Michelle Obama 2018

9 days ago
1/1/01
WikiTheWalrus - 

That quote is kind of stupid. The "man in the arena" shouldn't care what the critic has to say if everything else in the quote is true. Thus, the quote is pointless.

It's not a quote to a critic from the man in the arena.

It's to a critic from fellow outsider who could be also a critic, but chooses not to because he realizes the true worth of the man in the arena.

Might wanna know what you're talking about before labeling things / others as "stupid".
9 days ago
12/15/11

I have that same quote, hanging on the wall next to my speed bag.

9 days ago
5/4/14
WikiTheWalrus - 

This. 

At no point does it suggest the man in the arena cares. 

9 days ago
5/22/05
Squatdog - If you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best!

The op's quote is the bro equivalent of a Marilyn Monroe inspirational quote.
9 days ago
6/30/14
I am currently reading The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt by Edmund Morris.

Big fan of Teddy
9 days ago
1/1/01

Teddy would be disgusted by Trump

”To my mind, a coward is the only thing meaner than a liar.”

President Bonespurs would shit himself if he were face to face with TR

9 days ago
1/3/18
Pratty -

Teddy would be disgusted by Trump

”To my mind, a coward is the only thing meaner than a liar.”

President Bonespurs would shit himself if he were face to face with TR

Teddy believed in America first, assimilation of immigrants, English as the primary language also to be learned by the incoming, and not sucking foreign leader dick.

Edited: 9 days ago
8/29/09
WikiTheWalrus -

That quote isn't meant for the man in the arena.

The man in the arena knows his place.

That quote is meant for the critics, to let them know of their place.

9 days ago
3/3/18

The point of the critic isn't to get "credit", so....

9 days ago
3/12/07
Wiggy -
WikiTheWalrus - 

It's not a quote to a critic from the man in the arena.

It's to a critic from fellow outsider who could be also a critic, but chooses not to because he realizes the true worth of the man in the arena.

Might wanna know what you're talking about before labeling things / others as "stupid".

I didn't label another person as stupid. I said the quote was stupid. I get it's from an outsider, but again, that's stupid. So you're telling me a person should care more about what a critic says about a man more than the man who is being criticized? That's dumb. If the man being criticized doesn't care, then why should anyone else?

9 days ago
3/12/07
Bad Monkey -
WikiTheWalrus -

Why? Why would anyone care enough about the critic's opinion to defend someone else frfom them? It sounds like someone gets overly offended by another person's opinion.

I get it's supposed to be inspirational, so that people become the "doers of deeds" despite the opinion of the critics. But the presentation is off to me. The doer and the admirer shouldn't care about the critic at all. It's literally a quote saying "this guy doesn't count, so let me tell you how much this guy doesn't count."

9 days ago
5/4/14
WikiTheWalrus -
Bad Monkey -
WikiTheWalrus -

Why? Why would anyone care enough about the critic's opinion to defend someone else frfom them? It sounds like someone gets overly offended by another person's opinion.

I get it's supposed to be inspirational, so that people become the "doers of deeds" despite the opinion of the critics. But the presentation is off to me. The doer and the admirer shouldn't care about the critic at all. It's literally a quote saying "this guy doesn't count, so let me tell you how much this guy doesn't count."