OtherGround Forums AG Jeff Sessions Resigns!! MAGA!

9 days ago
8/1/13

Loved Jeff Sessions as a Senator, had no clue what he was doing as the AG.

MAGA!

9 days ago
12/5/17

Someone post that “here we go...” Joker gif...

9 days ago
10/15/13

Absolutley no problem with this. Every time i heard him speak it made me cringe

9 days ago
1/1/01

9 days ago
1/1/01
Not a fan. Good riddance.
9 days ago
1/10/06

Mat Serra 

9 days ago
1/1/01

Stoners rejoice! lol 

9 days ago
8/1/13

9 days ago
8/1/13
DaveFu -

LOL

9 days ago
8/1/13
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus -

Someone post that “here we go...” Joker gif...

9 days ago
12/5/17

Don’t overlook this move... Sessions resigning instead of being fired means Whitaker doesn’t need Senate approval to take over Mueller investigation from Rosenstein. 

Assuming he doesn’t recuse. But this play has been expected and Whitaker the likely candidate for months. 

9 days ago
8/1/13
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus -

Don’t overlook this move... Sessions resigning instead of being fired means Whitaker doesn’t need Senate approval to take over Mueller investigation from Rosenstein. 

Assuming he doesn’t recuse. But this play has been expected and Whitaker the likely candidate for months. 

That's because he already has Senate confirmation correct?

9 days ago
8/1/13

9 days ago
8/16/11
At your request I am submitting my resignation = I have been fired.
9 days ago
10/25/05
camicom -

Loved Jeff Sessions as a Senator, had no clue what he was doing as the AG.

MAGA!

You had never even heard of Jeff Sessions before he was AG. 

9 days ago
10/15/13
Donkey Hotee - At your request I am submitting my resignation = I have been fired.

So? He was the wrong person for the job and Trump knew it. He was just being loyal to a man that backed him from jump street (yeah, im hip and urban)

9 days ago
12/5/17
camicom -
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus -

That's because he already has Senate confirmation correct?

My understanding is that because of the federal vacancy act — if Sessions was fired an interim replacement could not assume something like a special counsel investigation. A new AG going through Senate confirmation would be required. 

But if the AG resigns then it bypasses that requirement. 

I don’t know — maybe Whitaker will recuse. This is the move that was expected re: Mueller though. Whitaker has talked about Mueller crossing red lines and was seen as a potential replacement that would do Trump’s bidding. 

9 days ago
8/16/11
Al Cappucino -
Donkey Hotee - At your request I am submitting my resignation = I have been fired.

So? He was the wrong person for the job and Trump knew it. He was just being loyal to a man that backed him from jump street (yeah, im hip and urban)

I agree, he was a terrible AG.  In response to “so?” Read PSL’s post.

9 days ago
12/5/17

Trump also seemed to be primarily upset with Sessions because he recused from the investigation. So hard to see Whitaker coming in and doing that. 

Might be a SHTF moment.

9 days ago
12/2/05
You thinking Whitaker is Bork?
9 days ago
1/25/04
Donkey Hotee - At your request I am submitting my resignation = I have been fired.

No. If Trump asked him to resign, Sessions could hvae said "No thnaks". If Trump fired him, he would have to leave. no resignation.
Edited: 9 days ago
1/1/01

Trump is afraid of a Dem Congress

Trying shut things down fast

and there’s this article saying Don Jr is likely to be indicted soon by Mueller

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018/11/donald-trump-jr-expecting-to-be-indicted-by-mueller-soon.html

panic time for the Trump clan

9 days ago
12/5/17
Fake Pie - You thinking Whitaker is Bork?

That’s the idea. Not quite as dramatic though. 

But we’ll see. 

9 days ago
12/5/17
Pratty -

Trump is afraid of a Dem Congress

Trying shut things down fast

and there’s this article saying Don Jr is likely to be indicted soon by Mueller

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018/11/donald-trump-jr-expecting-to-be-indicted-by-mueller-soon.html

panic time for the Trump clan

Oddly enough — it will be the House judiciary committee that can take Mueller’s work and proceed with it. I assume they’ve been anticipating this move as a possibility and will do just that. 

But Whitaker could play a much more subtle role. He doesn’t have to stop the investigation. Mueller needs acting AG approval for everything, so he can simply deny certain actions. 

9 days ago
1/1/01

well did he officially resign or get fired?

CNN main headlines is: Trump Fires Sessions.