OtherGround Forums AOC found to be clinically retarded

2/20/19 11:32 AM
9/3/18

Keeps getting better. Argues the 3 billion dollar tax break should be spent on subways instead. Fails to  understand difference between tax breaks to generate revenue and a pile of cash to be given away.

Amazon had cited the opposition of “a number of state and local politicians” in its decision to abandon the plans. Ocasio-Cortez and others at the local level had pointed to incentives such as a $2.5 billion in tax breaks as a reason for their opposition.

“If we were willing to give away $3 billion for this deal, we could invest those $3 billion in our district ourselves, if we wanted to. We could hire out more teachers. We can fix our subways. We can put a lot of people to work for that money, if we wanted to,” Ocasio-Cortez said last week.

Mayor Bill de Blasio pushed back on that claim on Sunday. Even as he slammed Amazon for its decision, the mayor said critics wrongly suggested that tax breaks represented money that could be spent on other things. He said it wasn’t “money you had over here. And it was going over there.”

The Democratic mayor said: “That $3 billion that would go back in tax incentives was only after we were getting the jobs and getting the revenue.”

2/20/19 11:34 AM
6/3/03

In other news, water is wet. 

2/20/19 11:36 AM
4/27/15

LOl at not understanding how what basically amounts to a discount works

2/20/19 11:36 AM
12/22/10

#PRESIDENTAOC2024

2/20/19 11:37 AM
10/15/13

"The Democratic mayor said: “That $3 billion that would go back in tax incentives was only after we were getting the jobs and getting the revenue.”

I mean, even a kid should understand how this works. Hell, If de Blasio gets it......

Its quite sad/scary/horrifying that a woman with a 450 Credit Score has any say in anything relating to finance.

2/20/19 11:40 AM
9/3/18

^^ has that been found to be true? Mixed reviews online. I wouldn't be surprised  just want to be accurate. There is plenty of ammo against her without inaccurate things 

2/20/19 11:49 AM
10/15/13
Middleman747 -

^^ has that been found to be true? Mixed reviews online. I wouldn't be surprised  just want to be accurate. There is plenty of ammo against her without inaccurate things 

Meh, we'll never know. The Interwebz told me......but i am inclined to believe she is not in the mid 700's or even anywhere near that.

The point still is she doesn't understand something simple as the definition of a tax break/incentives. She literally pictured NYC forktrucking over a pallet of $3,000,000,000 to Amazon and it pissed her off. 

Edited: 2/20/19 11:55 AM
12/10/09
Middleman747 -

It’s obvious accurate. They weren’t paying Amazon $3b, they were giving them:

$900m from REAP-Which is a business tax credit

$400m from ICAP-Which is a property tax abatement 

$1.2b in “Excelsior” tax credits

$505m grant to reimburse Amazon for building costs. 

I’d say, because it’s a reimbursement based on construction of several buildings, that $505m is not something usable. But, at most, you could count that as money that could be used elsewhere. Besides that, no. The rest (2.5b)is basically tax credit and not able to be used elsewhere as this dummy proposed. The credits and grant were also contingent on 25k jobs being created by 2028. I’m not in favor of this deal unless it’s available (on scale) to every business in the city, but that’s a different point. 

It bottles my mind that she has an actual degree in economics. 

2/20/19 12:03 PM
2/3/17
Al Cappucino -
Middleman747 -

Meh, we'll never know. The Interwebz told me......but i am inclined to believe she is not in the mid 700's or even anywhere near that.

The point still is she doesn't understand something simple as the definition of a tax break/incentives. She literally pictured NYC forktrucking over a pallet of $3,000,000,000 to Amazon and it pissed her off. 

If she would have gone to Trump University she wouldnt be making these mistakes...

2/20/19 12:12 PM
11/16/08
PaulPeril -
Al Cappucino -
Middleman747 -

If she would have gone to Trump University she wouldnt be making these mistakes...

Orange Man Bad!

2/20/19 12:18 PM
10/15/13
PaulPeril -
Al Cappucino -
Middleman747 -

She graduated cum laude from Boston University's College of Arts and Sciences in 2011, majoring in international relations and economics

Maybe she should have gone to Trump U, dipshit.

2/20/19 12:21 PM
3/1/10

The comment about the '3 billion' was so fucking stupid it's hard to even comprehend.

On Bloomberg TV and CNBC, when discussing the HQ2 news, even the more liberal leaning hosts seem totally blindsided by how dumb she is.

2/20/19 12:28 PM
3/18/02

she could have barely passed Econ for all we know.  International relations is an easy and relative degree

2/20/19 12:33 PM
11/28/09

Wait... did she think NYC WAS CUTTING AMAZON A CHECK FOR $3 billion?

2/20/19 12:35 PM
10/15/13
BonedByPicograms* -

She's backtracking on it now, obviously someone in her circle schooled her on the real world.

2/20/19 12:36 PM
5/13/11
Middleman747 -

It completely made up bullshit that gets parroted around here all the time. 100% #fakenews. 

It started as a tweet from a right wing douche who claimed in the same tweet she had been evicted by the sheriffs twice as well. 

1. You cannot access anyone's credit score without their written consent. 

2. Both NY and FL make sheriff evictions public record, and she has no record of ever being evicted at all. 

Al C is just one of many victims of #fakenews who doesnt care about fact checking claims before he spews them online because of partisan bias.  

The irony is he and others LOVE calling out the other "team" when they do it. 

2/20/19 12:36 PM
6/13/03

I thought she was a tax genius after she figurued out how a progressive tax rate works and was lecturing everyone.

2/20/19 12:38 PM
11/4/10
BonedByPicograms* -

Yes, lol. It’s fantastic.

Edited: 2/20/19 12:38 PM
10/15/13
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Middleman747 -

It completely made up bullshit that gets parroted around here all the time. 100% #fakenews. 

It started as a tweet from a right wing douche who claimed in the same tweet she had been evicted by the sheriffs twice as well. 

2. Both NY and FL make sheriff evictions public record, and she has no record of ever being evicted at all. 

Al C is just one of many victims of #fakenews who doesnt care about fact checking claims before he spews them online because of partisan bias.  

My response:

The point still is she doesn't understand something simple as the definition of a tax break/incentives. She literally pictured NYC forktrucking over a pallet of $3,000,000,000 to Amazon and it pissed her off

So, lets not turn this thread into something else to get the heat off your girl.

2/20/19 12:41 PM
1/1/01

Idiocracy come true.

2/20/19 12:47 PM
1/1/01

She actually has a pretty good grasp of economics, she dealt with the tip jar at her bar and everything.

2/20/19 12:47 PM
5/13/11
Al Cappucino -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Middleman747 -

My response:

The point still is she doesn't understand something simple as the definition of a tax break/incentives. She literally pictured NYC forktrucking over a pallet of $3,000,000,000 to Amazon and it pissed her off

So, lets not turn this thread into something else to get the heat off your girl.

I don't like her views or stances much at all. I did applaud her for calling out the oligarchy we have become when speaking to campaign finance and corporate power. That's about it though. 

Just calling out #fakenews when it's posted. Even if you backwalk ot after.  

2/20/19 3:54 PM
11/9/10
Al Cappucino -

"The Democratic mayor said: “That $3 billion that would go back in tax incentives was only after we were getting the jobs and getting the revenue.”

I mean, even a kid should understand how this works. Hell, If de Blasio gets it......

Its quite sad/scary/horrifying that a woman with a 450 Credit Score has any say in anything relating to finance.

She has a degree in economics from Boston University. I think that school should revoke her degree because she’s economically illiterate. 

2/20/19 4:33 PM
1/1/01

LOL, they probably taught her EXACTLY what she is spewing.

2/20/19 4:47 PM
11/29/11
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Al Cappucino -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Middleman747 -

My response:

I don't like her views or stances much at all. I did applaud her for calling out the oligarchy we have become when speaking to campaign finance and corporate power. That's about it though. 

Just calling out #fakenews when it's posted. Even if you backwalk ot after.  

Yeah you called it out alrighty after he already said it isn't verified and we will never know. Are you ok?