OtherGround Forums AR How many ARs are too many ?

9/26/20 4:21 PM
8/7/07
Sogsteel -

I just picked up my first PEQ. Night shooting here I come

Ayyyyyyy.  Fun times a head! Time for a with poppa Presscheck or someone like that lol. 

9/26/20 4:40 PM
6/13/03
theken206 -
Sogsteel -

Ayyyyyyy.  Fun times a head! Time for a with poppa Presscheck or someone like that lol. 

Me after finding Tacswap.com

9/26/20 4:43 PM
7/27/04
theken206 -
EKPOGI -
Ruben Blades -
EKPOGI -

Ruger ar terrible?a bunch in the local gunstore

No, they’re not terrible. I wouldn’t over pay for one though. 

A little bit about $800in the local gun store.wasnt really eyeing it but I do like how it's not picky with 223 and 556 ammo

For a ruger? Fuuuck that. Thats an "expensive" roll of the dice that you are getting a "Wednesday" rifle that was assembled with some sort of marginally acceptable QA/QC.

Their BCG are generally out of spec, the gas keys tend to be leaky AF, use shitty chinesium fasteners, arent properly staked 90 percent of the time, arent usually tourqued to correct values, the bolts themselves are well known to be failure prone.

I mean bolts arent going to last a life time in general and are going to need to be replaced one day but the ruger ones fail early and often and you see a lot of them break early in their life cycle. 

The fire control groups are shit and known to have problems. 

Its not picky with ammo because its over gassed like a mother fucker, which also helps compensate for the whats most likely to be a leaky gas block, gas key etc. 

Which leads to increased wear on the system, can exacerbate head spacing issues in terms of bolt lock up and travel speed etc. 

Thanks for the info.its the price on rugers website and in the gunstore

9/26/20 4:48 PM
8/7/07
Sogsteel -
theken206 -
Sogsteel -

Hahahaha. Tis a dangerous road to go down for the ol wallet. 

9/26/20 5:57 PM
8/10/16

So, I don’t have a rifle. I’ve always been huge into handguns. I’m not even sure what I want, but all my handguns are 9mm, and I think I’d like to continue that caliber choice. 

that being said, I have been turned on by two in particular: the Daniels Defense MK-18 and the Wilson Combat Protector. Money is not an object, I have no idea what to choose. 

9/26/20 6:51 PM
1/23/14
PreachinJosh - 

So, I don’t have a rifle. I’ve always been huge into handguns. I’m not even sure what I want, but all my handguns are 9mm, and I think I’d like to continue that caliber choice. 

that being said, I have been turned on by two in particular: the Daniels Defense MK-18 and the Wilson Combat Protector. Money is not an object, I have no idea what to choose. 

I'll save you the time - everyone is going to say buy both since you have the money.

9/26/20 7:02 PM
8/7/07
PreachinJosh -

There are lots of other great options in the non Hodge or KAC fuck your wallet and actually trying to find one is impossible >

Sons Of Liberty Gun Works, BCM, Centurion,  Sionics are excellent fucking options if you are looking for a quality duty/defensive rated blaster, that come with excellent, multiple levels of QC/QA checks and offer great service.

Besides proper assembly procedures and parts quality etc. Thats one of the major things that you are getting when you get into the more quality builders. You know you are getting a gun that is being handled in ISO 9001 or similar type QA/QC procedures and has layers of it before it ever gets to you. 

I mean even KAC shits out a lemon here and there, the chances if it making it to you though is inherently less though lol. 

Personally while I wouldn't hesitate to own either, there is going to be some "name" factor attached to DD and Wilson in the pricing. For instance Daniel Defense products shot up hundreds of dollars in price practically over night when they got the Gov contract to supply the rails and stuff for the MK 18s lol. 

They are still running with that. They are definitely a  still a premium builder, even if they did have some problems a few years back, and even if they probably are gassing the ever living fuck out of a lot of their guns hahaha.  

9/26/20 7:34 PM
7/27/04
PreachinJosh -

Buy both,then also buy an AR-9.

Edited: 9/26/20 11:06 PM
1/23/14
EKPOGI - 
PreachinJosh -

Buy both,then also buy an AR-9.

I would totally buy both if I was ballin' like Josh. I would buy them both so hard.

9/26/20 11:54 PM
5/13/05
Sogsteel -
theken206 -
Sogsteel -

legit lol

28 days ago
12/22/10

I think 2 lowers of each variety should be plenty. 

2 x AR15 Rifle Lowers

2 x AR15 Pistol Lowers

2 x AR10 Rifle Lowers

2 x AR10 Pistol Lowers 

More if you want to factor in NFA 3 stuff. 

AR's are basically lego guns and can be easily reconfigured, so having more lowers than that seems like a waste for 99.999% of the population. Uppers on the other hand, too many depends on the person. 

I have way too many uppers and lowers . 

28 days ago
7/27/04
Black Doug -

2 x AR15 Rifle Lowers

2 x AR15 Pistol Lowers

2 x AR10 Rifle Lowers

2 x AR10 Pistol Lowers 

AR's are basically lego guns and can be easily reconfigured, so having more lowers than that seems like a waste for 99.999% of the population. Uppers on the other hand, too many depends on the person. 

No such thing as too many!

28 days ago
7/2/07
Black Doug - 

2 x AR15 Rifle Lowers

2 x AR15 Pistol Lowers

2 x AR10 Rifle Lowers

2 x AR10 Pistol Lowers 

Thanks for weighing in.

I wish I had realized the lego potential earlier on in my collecting hobby.
28 days ago
1/1/01
I live in California, so apparently 1 is too many.
28 days ago
7/14/16

Williepep, how many ar’s you have?  If you could only own just 1 ar, what is it?

28 days ago
12/22/10
williepep -
Black Doug - 

2 x AR15 Rifle Lowers

2 x AR15 Pistol Lowers

2 x AR10 Rifle Lowers

2 x AR10 Pistol Lowers 

Thanks for weighing in.

You are more than welcome, Sir. 

22 days ago
1/23/14

Well I took the Radical to the range, but it didn't work out that well. First they banned all rifle full metal jacket rounds, so I had to pay $1 per round of their shitty loose packs of 20. So I brought 500+ rounds and ended up shooting like 15 rounds, and let my friends sons shoot the rest of the 2 packs I bought, lol.

It shot fine for me, but my friends son mentioned that it malfunctioned twice for him, and darnit, he couldn't remember exactly what happened. We shot clay the rest of our time there so I'm not sure if it was the shitty range ammo, but I'll probably have to take it to an indoor range next to see what's going on with it.

Also I never got the tactical bonded rounds...my buddy sent me IMI 77 gr razor cores instead....which is fine, but didn't pan out to be the investment I thought it would be.

Good news, I have a shit ton of ammo.

11 days ago
8/7/07

AR Bolt Carrier Group Basics with Mike Mihalski of SOLGW

Great article on BCGs and why quality and why  good QC/QA practices are such an important thing.

11 days ago
6/30/07
Black Doug -
williepep -
Black Doug - 

2 x AR15 Rifle Lowers

2 x AR15 Pistol Lowers

2 x AR10 Rifle Lowers

2 x AR10 Pistol Lowers 

Thanks for weighing in.

You are more than welcome, Sir. 

If you designate each lower a pistol lower it opens up the lego world of legality a little more. Each lower should have a pistol upper that is its main/ designated upper. Take pics, post on social media., that should be the first one you place. After that, go ahead and get a rifle length barrel and real stock as "attachment's" and you are still legal. Can't go the other way.

Just food for thought.

11 days ago
3/3/12

11 days ago
8/7/07
Ruben Blades -

Im not captain piston AR for a host of reasons, but not gunna lie this does it for me lol. Freedom boner engage.

11 days ago
11/19/05
Ruben Blades -

Imagine having this much money and breathing our same air.  FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!!

7 days ago
1/1/01
OK I did it. I got myself an Aero m4e1 lower. I'll slowly build it out, not in a rush. Will deal with upper next year.

Thoughts on this lower build out: Strike Industries LPK, Aero Buffer Tube Kit, La Rue MBT-2S trigger, Magpul MOE stock+grip?
7 days ago
2/7/12

Mine went in a river, all my ammo too. I guess that’s what god wanted.

7 days ago
2/7/12
theken206 -
Ruben Blades -

Im not captain piston AR for a host of reasons, but not gunna lie this does it for me lol. Freedom boner engage.

Those are some nice wood floors.