OtherGround Forums Adam Savage of Mythbusters raped his kid sister

7 days ago
6/3/03

YOOOOO, what the fuck?!?!?

https://nypost.com/2020/06/30/adam-savage-of-mythbusters-raped-sister-as-a-kid-lawsuit/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

7 days ago
6/3/03

Former “Mythbusters” co-host Adam Savage allegedly sexually abused his younger sister for years while calling himself the “raping blob” during the late 1970s, the woman says in a lawsuit filed Tuesday.

Miranda Pacchiana, 51, claims the abuse happened when she was between 7 and 10 years old when the siblings lived in Sleepy Hollow, New York.

“Beginning in or about 1976 and continuing until approximately 1979, Adam Savage, would repeatedly rape Miranda Pacchiana and force oral sex upon her, and forced Miranda to perform oral sex on him, along with other forms of sexual abuse,” says her lawsuit, filed in Westchester Supreme Court.

The suit says Savage, who was between 9 and 12 years old at the time, would prevent Pacchiana from leaving the bed and anally rape her

7 days ago
12/29/09

Thread title of the year fo sho. 

7 days ago
6/3/03

He allegedly nicknamed himself the “raping blob” while masking the abuse as a game, according to the complaint.

The 52-year-old special effects whiz is best known as the former co-host of “Mythbusters,” a Discovery Channel series that tests the validity of popular myths and legends.

Pacchiana, of Newtown, Conn., is a social worker who blogged about losing her family after coming forward about the alleged sexual abuse.

“When I first disclosed to my family that my brother had abused me as a child, I thought my whole world would change,” she wrote. “I assumed my family members would share my desire to examine what had gone wrong in our home and pursue a path toward healing together. I was sadly mistaken.”

“In fact, their behaviors left me feeling as though the abuse didn’t really matter,” she continued. “Yes, they believed me — but my family members still seemed determined to brush my trauma under the rug. Over time, I came to realize they viewed me as the problem for focusing on the abuse. Not the brother who had abused me.”

7 days ago
1/1/01

Oh man

7 days ago
7/10/02

Accusations are one thing, reality can be another. Let's just wait before lynching him.

I actually thought him and his Mythbuster partner looked a tad too... close ha ha

7 days ago
6/3/03
Sprawl'n'Stall -

Accusations are one thing, reality can be another. Let's just wait before lynching him.

I actually thought him and his Mythbuster partner looked a tad too... close ha ha

You think Jaime Heinie-man took a ride on the “Raping blob” as well?

7 days ago
10/27/05
Nitecrawler - 

Former “Mythbusters” co-host Adam Savage allegedly sexually abused his younger sister for years while calling himself the “raping blob” during the late 1970s, the woman says in a lawsuit filed Tuesday.

Miranda Pacchiana, 51, claims the abuse happened when she was between 7 and 10 years old when the siblings lived in Sleepy Hollow, New York.

“Beginning in or about 1976 and continuing until approximately 1979, Adam Savage, would repeatedly rape Miranda Pacchiana and force oral sex upon her, and forced Miranda to perform oral sex on him, along with other forms of sexual abuse,” says her lawsuit, filed in Westchester Supreme Court.

The suit says Savage, who was between 9 and 12 years old at the time, would prevent Pacchiana from leaving the bed and anally rape her

Holy shit.

Here's the deal, as fucked up as it is...shit like this does happen. It's happening every day, abduction/rape/kidnapping/sex slavery/molestation...it's fucking awful but real.

It seems odd that as a society we focus more on bringing extremely old allegations about assault where almost no evidence can prove it's true to allegedly hold people accountable, but rarely do we see the media running stories on what's happening NOW or what as society we could do to prevent it.

7 days ago
11/28/09

Well there’s your problem.

7 days ago
10/16/07

Savage’s rape mythbusting sister steps forward.

7 days ago
10/16/07
BonedByPicograms* - 

Well there’s your problem.

The problem is that people blindly state accusations as facts.
7 days ago
6/10/10

Mythbuster anally raped his sister while calling himself the “raping blob”.

Welp I'm done with the internet for today.  Thanks Nitecrawler.

7 days ago
9/8/02

If he was 9 and raping his sister, he for sure was also raped himself. 9 year olds just don't come think this stuff up out of the blue. 

Not good either way. 

7 days ago
6/3/03
mixedmartialfarts -

Yeah, that shit made me feel gross just reading that. 

I really like Mythbusters and thought Savage was a decent dude despite being a serious SJW. However, if any of that shit is true they need to put a bullet in his fucking head. One thing I have no tolerance for is pedos. 

7 days ago
3/2/09

Wow. I don't know what to think about that.  Both were kids, so he had to have learned it from some place?  Maybe he was molested by a family member analy?

7 days ago
11/16/08
jcblass -

If he was 9 and raping his sister, he for sure was also raped himself. 9 year olds just don't come think this stuff up out of the blue. 

Not good either way. 

It's the gift that keeps on giving.

7 days ago
9/2/10

He was 9.

GTFO with this shit.

7 days ago
10/27/05
MPA - 

Wow. I don't know what to think about that.  Both were kids, so he had to have learned it from some place?  Maybe he was molested by a family member analy?

It's a deeper story for sure.

The idea that resolution is being sought via a lawsuit seems odd.

7 days ago
12/10/09
Sprawl'n'Stall -

Also let’s not forget she’s suing him for things he supposedly did at 9yo. Seems odd that you can even do that. 

7 days ago
3/16/06

He can't even be held criminally liable for something he did at that age in many states. 

7 days ago
2/5/06
Precise_Improvement -

He was 9.

GTFO with this shit.

No shit. Wtf is she hoping to accomplish? They gonna throw him in jail for something he supposedly did when he was 9 years old?

The whole thing seems fishy. There is more to the story IMO. 

7 days ago
11/19/19
Nitecrawler -

YOOOOO, what the fuck?!?!?

https://nypost.com/2020/06/30/adam-savage-of-mythbusters-raped-sister-as-a-kid-lawsuit/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Apparently the trial is already over?

7 days ago
7/10/02
Nitecrawler - 
mixedmartialfarts -

Yeah, that shit made me feel gross just reading that. 

I really like Mythbusters and thought Savage was a decent dude despite being a serious SJW. However, if any of that shit is true they need to put a bullet in his fucking head. One thing I have no tolerance for is pedos. 

A pedo? He was 9 to 12 himself so...

If she can't prove it, dude got nuked for what he did or didn't do as a kid! Crazy

"You think Jaime Heinie-man took a ride on the "Raping blob" as well?"

I hope not but it's the vibe I got ha ha.

7 days ago
1/1/01
jcblass - 

Not good either way. 

That's the first thing I thought.

Holy shit at this whole thing, either way.

7 days ago
1/1/01
Nitecrawler - 
Sprawl'n'Stall -

You think Jaime Heinie-man took a ride on the “Raping blob” as well?

NOT AT ALL the same thing, but didn't it come out that Jamie was (is?) a massive alcoholic?