OtherGround Forums Alabama fan dies after LSU fans beat him up in bar

12 days ago
5/3/07
after the Bama - LSU game

Man critically injured in bar fight passes away, arrests made

NEW ORLEANS (WVUE) -A man who was critically injured in a bar fight in Ponchatoula has died, and investigators say arrests have been made.

According to the Ponchatoula Police Department, Ryan Anthony and Azia Crockett have been arrested on felony manslaughter charges.

Deputies said Crockett and Anthony started an altercation with Robert Bowers in the Ponchatoula Pub on West Pine Street on Sunday.

According to the report, Bowers became unconscious and received immediate medical attention from a Ponchatoula Volunteer Fireman until Acadian Ambulance arrived on the scene.

Bowers was transported to North Oaks Medical Center and then later transported to University Medical Center where he remained on life support until he lost his life Wednesday, according to police.

Both Crockett and Anthony turned themselves into Ponchatoula detectives, and were booked and transported to the Tangipahoa Parish Jail, according to the report.

Alexandria said a firefighter who was at the bar did CPR and restored her father’s pulse. This was also caught on video and posted to social media.

http://www.wbrc.com/2018/11/07/man-critically-injured-bar-fight-passes-away-arrests-made/
12 days ago
5/3/07

12 days ago
3/18/02

Fuck

12 days ago
11/16/08
Luncha Libre -

Nice ass.

12 days ago
8/9/12

Damn that sucks

12 days ago
5/3/07

tough guy number one
12 days ago
5/3/07

tough guy number two
12 days ago
11/4/10

Congrats. Your lives are ruined fighting over a game that means nothing, played by teams with players who have no idea who you are. 

Enjoy prison morons. 

12 days ago
2/3/16

Yup, that’s why I stopped starching very douche who talks shit, cause one head slam on the ground and my life would be toast.. too many sketchy KOs... I’ll get out while I can. 

12 days ago
5/22/15
MasterRooster - 

Yup, that’s why I stopped starching very douche who talks shit, cause one head slam on the ground and my life would be toast.. too many sketchy KOs... I’ll get out while I can. 

^ Tough guy #3
12 days ago
1/1/01
What's the chances they are actually students or grads of LSU?
12 days ago
4/3/08

Which one of those guys is named “Azia”?

12 days ago
12/6/11
PatK - What's the chances they are actually students or grads of LSU?

Slim

Edited: 12 days ago
8/14/02
My husband and I went to the Ohio State vs. LSU national championship game in New Orleans. Unfortunately, we were seated in a LSU section and we had Buckeye shirts on.

These 2 jackasses in camouflage overalls were yelling at us from the moment we sat in our seats. We left before halftime.

I swear I wish we would have just sold the tickets on our way to the game after getting many offers.
12 days ago
9/4/17

Is that a medical bracelet? 

12 days ago
6/4/02

Roll tide?!

12 days ago
11/7/07
Upperdog - 
MasterRooster - 

^ Tough guy #3

LOL
12 days ago
11/9/04
mada - 

I’m a WVU fan and we played LSU at home like 6-7 years ago. Their fans are definitely dumb.Two of their fans got the shit beaten out of them about 3 rows in front of me. They absolutely harassed everyone around them for 3 quarters until a couple of guys beat them into a bloody mess. As they limped away everyone cheered and security never even came to remove the WVU fans lol. West Virginia is a shithole and absolutely not the place to act like that. Those guys were lucky they weren’t beaten to death like the Alabama fan in the story.

You're a Raider fan talking shit about Philly fans.

But I know you guys revel in it
12 days ago
5/22/17

Every time I’m on the verge of starching somebody I think about outcomes like this. If death wasn’t a possibility I would be out starching the world. Consider yourself lucky. 

Edited: 12 days ago
9/19/12
PatK - What's the chances they are actually students or grads of LSU?

Same chance your average Bama fan went to Bama, probably. 

Seriously, RIP to the victim, hope the aggressors learn something constructive in jail. I can't imagine what, but something.

12 days ago
12/29/09
Roll Tide.
12 days ago
9/22/16
mada - 
4pdboxing -
mada - 

I’m a WVU fan and we played LSU at home like 6-7 years ago. Their fans are definitely dumb.Two of their fans got the shit beaten out of them about 3 rows in front of me. They absolutely harassed everyone around them for 3 quarters until a couple of guys beat them into a bloody mess. As they limped away everyone cheered and security never even came to remove the WVU fans lol. West Virginia is a shithole and absolutely not the place to act like that. Those guys were lucky they weren’t beaten to death like the Alabama fan in the story.

Not at all. I actually refuse to go to football games anymore. Nothing but alcoholics and morons. I don’t even watch the nfl so you’re way off base.

My family is done with live football after last year. We used to go to 1 or 2 NFL games per year, and it's impossible to simply watch the game without someone in a nearby seat getting drunk as fuck and wanting to fight. Every team, every section, from the front row to the nosebleed seats. We'd spend an assload of money on tickets, travel an hour, deal with the ridiculous lines and stadium security, get ripped off on concessions, then spend three hours surrounded by drunk-ass trash.

Why bother?

We can watch at home on the 60-inch 4k with surround sound, eat our own food, be able to talk about the game without having a fight, and everyone is home before anyone at the stadium gets out of the parking lot. Live football fucking sucks.
12 days ago
1/2/06

Last time I starched someone and they hit their head and died I had people saying they would call the police. I had to starch all the witnesses. Now I don’t do it anymore. 

12 days ago
2/4/11
AnthonyWeiner -
mada - 
4pdboxing -
mada - 

Not at all. I actually refuse to go to football games anymore. Nothing but alcoholics and morons. I don’t even watch the nfl so you’re way off base.

My family is done with live football after last year. We used to go to 1 or 2 NFL games per year, and it's impossible to simply watch the game without someone in a nearby seat getting drunk as fuck and wanting to fight. Every team, every section, from the front row to the nosebleed seats. We'd spend an assload of money on tickets, travel an hour, deal with the ridiculous lines and stadium security, get ripped off on concessions, then spend three hours surrounded by drunk-ass trash.

Why bother?

We can watch at home on the 60-inch 4k with surround sound, eat our own food, be able to talk about the game without having a fight, and everyone is home before anyone at the stadium gets out of the parking lot. Live football fucking sucks.

thats a shame.  i go to 1 or 2 NFL games a year and have never been close to getting in a fight with a drunk.  what team/stadium are you going to.  Black Hole?  The Linc?

12 days ago
8/20/03

I see a fight at almost every sporting event I go to. Who the fuck cares for real about fighting over teams???

Dudes can’t handle their alcohol.