OtherGround Forums Alice in Wokeland . Come away trailer gets some ha

Edited: 13 days ago
3/6/14

te.

this dogshite looking woke movie has brought the alt right lads in force. the comment section is brutal gold.

13 days ago
7/16/13

Wow, looks like complete shit. 

13 days ago
1/1/01

hahaha jesus christ

13 days ago
2/4/03

Alice in Wakandaland?

13 days ago
1/1/01

Looks well made to me. Am I supposed to be outraged they made Peter and Alice black? Because I don't care. Maybe it's because they are just not characters I care about. I see them as interchangeable. Just stay true to their stories. 

I don't like the changing of a lot of characters. Race and gender swapping is usually stupid. This just isn't one that bothers me.

13 days ago
2/11/03
JoeVIP  - 

Looks well made to me. Am I supposed to be outraged they made Peter and Alice black? Because I don't care. Maybe it's because they are just not characters I care about. I see them as interchangeable. Just stay true to their stories. 

I don't like the changing of a lot of characters. Race and gender swapping is usually stupid. This just isn't one that bothers me.

It just feels forced that everyone is black lol
13 days ago
3/25/11

Social engineering at its finest. 

This is how I know I'm no longer in the targeted demographic and have aged out. 

13 days ago
10/29/12
JoeVIP -

You're talking to the same board that had a thread called "Affirmative Action Emmys" because out of 23 categories there were 5 black winners this year.

13 days ago
3/16/10

Holy shit at that crow at the end.

So bad lol.

13 days ago
4/8/10
Isaac298 - 
JoeVIP  - 

Weird, it doesn't bother me. Why does it feel that way to you?

There are lots of places where the majority of the population is black. Wonderland or wherever this fictional tale takes place could easily have a majority black population. It's fantasy, not a period piece or historical retelling.

I'm not gonna claim to have read the originals so I don't know if races are mentioned in the source material but even if they were as long as it makes sense within the context of the story they are telling, I don't really care if they cast across race or gender.
13 days ago
1/1/01
JoeVIP -

Pans howl is retarded. That kid cant act for shit.

13 days ago
11/19/05
CoughSyrupOD -
Isaac298 - 
JoeVIP  - 

There are lots of places where the majority of the population is black. Wonderland or wherever this fictional tale takes place could easily have a majority black population. It's fantasy, not a period piece or historical retelling.

I'm not gonna claim to have read the originals so I don't know if races are mentioned in the source material but even if they were as long as it makes sense within the context of the story they are telling, I don't really care if they cast across race or gender.

Open your asshole and shit your culture away, fuckface.  It's English.  Always has been, always will be.

13 days ago
10/11/05

Bigger story here for me is Jolie's continuing transition from hot fire piece of ass to Grand Dame. So weird.

13 days ago
7/7/10

No thanks 

13 days ago
1/12/07

Its due to the quota of fuck white people vs blacks. 

13 days ago
1/1/01

It's all made up stuff so who cares? OGers were upset that James Bond is going to be black, too. Has anyone who is upset with Black Alice in Wonderland or whatever it is been to London lately?

13 days ago
2/11/03
CoughSyrupOD - 
Isaac298 - 
JoeVIP  - 

Dude I get you, it's fantasy. But when you're doing the exact opposite in terms of skin color just for the sake of wokeness, it just comes off as weird.

Its like the orphan annie, they cast a bunch of black people just cause they are black.

It's a forced agenda. We're going to look at this shit in ten years and be like remember that remake of alice? Yeah I dont either, but she was black.

13 days ago
6/7/08
This movie will not air in China.
13 days ago
1/25/04

LOL

13 days ago
3/3/03

What an absolute shitshow!

13 days ago
10/16/07

Smart...it’s like white Jesus, black Jesus, Indian Jesus.....just create the exact same story with your target audience as the main character.

smart easy money to milk every drop out of established stories.

13 days ago
3/3/03

As usual, the comments are GOLD!

13 days ago
1/25/04

Based on the well known children’s book by African writer Lewis Carrol called “Alice in Wakandaland”

13 days ago
1/1/01
100kgkilla - This movie will not air in China.

Yes, our Chinese overlords will NOT be pleased!
13 days ago
1/1/01
Kirik - 

It's all made up stuff so who cares? OGers were upset that James Bond is going to be black, too. Has anyone who is upset with Black Alice in Wonderland or whatever it is been to London lately?

The more black people they put in movies the better. Then it will become the norm, then more talented black actors will get opportunities and we won't have to see the same ones in every damn movie.

I'm not a Michael B. Jordan fan. So as it is now, that eliminates me from enjoying 90% of the mainstream movies with a black actor in a lead role. There he is, with his stupid mush-mouth. Same with the Tessa Thompson chick from Thor Ragnarok. Neither of them are great actors imo, and there are plenty of others who are probably more talented that deserve roles.