OtherGround Forums Altered Carbon: Anthony Mackie is new lead actor

7 days ago
1/1/01
Anthony Mackie (Falcon in Captain America/The Avengers) will be replacing Joel Kinnaman to play the starring role of Takeshi Kovacs in Season 2 of Altered Carbon.
7 days ago
1/1/01

I never made it through the first season but why the change?

ive heard kinneman is a total egomaniac

anything to do with it?

Edited: 7 days ago
1/1/01
Russ - 

anything to do with it?

Not sure. I certainly don't share his vocal political views about how he hates Trump's guts etc., but I did like him in season 1 of Altered Carbon (and that cop show). Can't really picture the series without him. Reminded of when they brought back 24 but with a different lead actor. I don't mind Anthony Mackie but would prefer no change.
7 days ago
12/13/12
Russ -

anything to do with it?

He signed on to do that new show Hanna with Amazon.

7 days ago
1/1/01

Oh cool

i should say egomaniac or not I like him as an actor 

7 days ago
9/4/17
FatBuddha -
Russ - 

anything to do with it?

Not sure. I certainly don't share his vocal political views about how he hates Trump's guts etc., but I did like him in season 1 of Altered Carbon (and that cop show). Can't really picture the series without him. Reminded of when they brought back 24 but with a different lead actor. I don't mind Anthony Mackie but would prefer no change.

There was always going to be a different lead in season 2. 

7 days ago
1/1/01
William H Muncy - 
FatBuddha -
Russ - 

anything to do with it?

There was always going to be a different lead in season 2. 

Ahh, didn't know that. Did he lose his body at the end of season 1 or something? (Forgot)
7 days ago
12/1/10
the entire show is based on him not actually being the guy and just a vessel for the asian guys human intelligence soul neck disk. that why they can legally kill a vessel and if they don't damage the disk it's not murder.

approve of Anthony Mackie he been awesome in everything hes done recently.

they could switch it every season and it would be dope.
7 days ago
10/10/02

Not surprising, but honestly the show started off strong , but went off the rails at the end.

7 days ago
12/26/05

Will the sexy naked bitch be in it?  Because that was 75% of the show.

7 days ago
8/5/11

I wonder when Hollywood is going to notice that be has absolutely zero charisma and brings nothing to any roles he's in. 

7 days ago
3/16/06
CavemanDave -

Uhh, they JUST said Kinneman isn't in Season 2. Sorry buddy. 

7 days ago
11/16/08

Cut the check

7 days ago
11/16/17
FatBuddha - Anthony Mackie (Falcon in Captain America/The Avengers) will be replacing Joel Kinnaman to play the starring role of Takeshi Kovacs in Season 2 of Altered Carbon.

Robocop gun in the asshole VR game.

Next season in black mirror.

7 days ago
6/1/07
CavemanDave - 

Sadly, she is gone. If they follow the books, the next season takes place on a different planet and a long time after the events of the first season. That's kind of the whole premise of the show. Humans have basically become immortal data stream that aren't tied to any particular body or place or time.
7 days ago
1/1/01
Steve4192 - 
CavemanDave - 

Sadly, she is gone. If they follow the books, the next season takes place on a different planet and a long time after the events of the first season. That's kind of the whole premise of the show. Humans have basically become immortal data stream that aren't tied to any particular body or place or time.

Bought the first book but haven't had a chance yet. Have you read many of them? Thoughts?
7 days ago
6/1/07
FatBuddha - 
Steve4192 - 
CavemanDave - 

Bought the first book but haven't had a chance yet. Have you read many of them? Thoughts?

Read 'em all. They're not great, but they make for entertaining beach reading. I loved the premise, and the plots were entertaining, but his prose never really sucked me in to the point where I couldn't put it down.
7 days ago
10/18/14

season 1 was a disappointment ... not sure if it warrants watching season 2

7 days ago
3/7/05
Loved season 1, hate to see Joel leave. Anthony is a great actor though so he should make a solid replacement.
7 days ago
8/11/12
NKcell -

Not surprising, but honestly the show started off strong , but went off the rails at the end.

It was a massive pos, how the hell it got a season 2 I don’t know. 

7 days ago
4/27/15

Awesome.  I think Mackie will kill it.

Somebody please tell me Poe will be in season 2

7 days ago
6/1/07
rekt - 

Agreed.

I'll stick with it though because the later novels are more of a typical sci fi setup rather than a noir detective story set against a futuristic backdrop. Though it is nowhere near as well done 'The Expanse', it takes a similar kind of turn where Kovacs goes back to being a mercenary soldier and ends up stumbling across a new alien military technology that could have as huge an impact as the the alien technology behind the neck disks.
7 days ago
2/5/05
Steve4192 -
rekt - 

Agreed.

I'll stick with it though because the later novels are more of a typical sci fi setup rather than a noir detective story set against a futuristic backdrop. Though it is nowhere near as well done 'The Expanse', it takes a similar kind of turn where Kovacs goes back to being a mercenary soldier and ends up stumbling across a new alien military technology that could have as huge an impact as the the alien technology behind the neck disks.

Nowhere near as well done? The expanse is sci-fi level production. The story is better but that’s it. 

AC was great for about 6 episodes then things got weird and shitty but the production and acting was still good. 

The expanse is mediocre through and through, just a better less stupid plot. 

I like the sounds of where AC should be heading though. That does sound better than S1. 

7 days ago
1/1/01
FatBuddha -
Steve4192 - 
CavemanDave - 

I really liked the first one but I felt there was a drop off in quality for the other ones though I still enjoyed them. 

7 days ago
1/1/01
Black Dougie -

Awesome.  I think Mackie will kill it.

Somebody please tell me Poe will be in season 2

Yes he is Poe... 

Poe is one of the better things not in the book (he replaced Jimmy Hendrix)