OtherGround Forums Altofsky and OG appreciation thread...

Edited: 4 days ago
6/10/08

Last week I made a thread asking for money. I run a yearly charity to buy Christmas presents for the kids stuck in the Childrens Hospital of Illinois over the holidays. This will be my 5th year doing this. Well Altofsky asks if he could auction off one of his blades and give me the money for the charity. Of course! So this is a complete stranger helping a complete stranger helping some kids. I can't thank you enough brother.

With in 36 hours he wired me $1345. All from bids from the OG. All from you guys.

From now on I dont wanna here any of you fanooks complaining about this place. The OG is a place where we can squabble, talk shit, make fun of each other, etc.... but when it comes down to it this place is choked full of awesome people. People ready to help out. Not just with charity but with everything. We've all seen it. Some have benefit from it. This place is full of stand up folk ready to help. I love this place bc of this.

So take a look at what $1345 in rattle, toys, onsies, plushies etc looks like. The boxes contain crib soothers. That the hot commodity in the NICU. You guys bought the last 20 on Amazon. This is what the OG is all about.

4 days ago
6/10/08

Here are the threads:

Help make 2020 better for sick kids! (charity)

Charity Raffle LIVE NOW!!! (in here)

4 days ago
7/2/07
Really nice.

Wow I need to look at this a little closer to appreciate all the goodies you gathered for the kids.

4 days ago
10/30/05

You’re both good dudes

4 days ago
4/27/15

Agree with everything except the part about you guys being complete strangers.

You are both OG brethren, and upstanding ones at that

4 days ago
9/13/19
Dude is SOLID as FUK.
4 days ago
5/30/05

We need to do more of this in general. Honestly, these are for a great causes and help show faith in humanity in volatile times. Most people are inherently good. OP and Alto are stand up guys. Great work gentlemen. 

4 days ago
1/1/01

Donations still open, correct? It won't be much but I'd like to give what I can.

I dont remember my PayPal so I'll be working on getting that back up again. I just want to give no need for a bid.

4 days ago
11/10/18

Awesome 

12/10/09
NiteProwleR -

Donations still open, correct? It won't be much but I'd like to give what I can.

I dont remember my PayPal so I'll be working on getting that back up again. I just want to give no need for a bid.

Takes Venmo too. It’s easier than PayPal IMO.

Let that marinate. 

4 days ago
9/26/02

4 days ago
12/10/09

Sounds cool and all at first, but Alto will get to claim this as a charity donation on his taxes and get nearly $13 back. Pretty selfish, actually. 

4 days ago
6/10/08
NiteProwleR -

Yes sir! I will be taking donations til the end of November!

www.grapplingforgifts.com/donate

4 days ago
1/1/01
scrapdo -
NiteProwleR -

Takes Venmo too. It’s easier than PayPal IMO.

Let that marinate. 

You sure know how to break a man's spirits.

4 days ago
4/22/07

He is a super solid, salt of the earth type guy. 

4 days ago
2/5/06

4 days ago
4/22/03

Good job guys. 

4 days ago
6/10/08
scrapdo -

Sounds cool and all at first, but Alto will get to claim this as a charity donation on his taxes and get nearly $13 back. Pretty selfish, actually. 

Another reason I love this place!!! Hahah

12/1/12

Done. Looks like it’s going to a good cause. Good on your and your family for doing this, sir!

4 days ago
6/10/08

Cat and Vic also say thanks.... ;)
4 days ago
1/14/07

All of the arguments about politics and the best way to fix a steak aside, the OG always comes together when it needs to.

For such a small corner of the internet compared to sites like fb or Twitter, this place has always been able to bring joy into a hell of a lot of peoples' lives. 

4 days ago
6/10/08

I will also say that I’ve received hundreds of dollars from OGers that didn’t bid on the blade. So many generous people around here!

4 days ago
1/1/01
he has done a few of these, he's a good guy

so are you
4 days ago
1/13/11

I am intensely fond of 7 people involved with this thread. 

INTENSELY,  MAYBE. 

4 days ago
7/30/14

Great work, even greater cause. Well done OP and Alto.