OtherGround Forums "America deserved 9/11" - The Young Turks

26 days ago
1/1/01
Strangleu -
salsero -

I watch a lot of media outlets - none of which I watch because they say what I want them to say. I watch because I want to see what others think.

There's a lot of truth in what TYT broadcasts - but that truth is from a progressive angle. This also applies to Fox News...there's truth coming from them, but from a more right-wing angle.

So I watch Fox News. I also watch TYT.  I read and watch other sources. I then make up my own mind. No one speaks absolute truth - it's all objective opinion, as influenced by facts.

Really? Because I do the same with MSNBC. I watch it often. And these people lie, or are wrong, or exaggerate to a much greater extent than conservatives.

I'm no Republican, but it's plain as day how illogical MSNBC is compared to conservative media.

"Extent of exagerration" is a relative point of view. Conservative channels are just as bad. The failure to realize this is part of the problem.

The only way to objective truth is to realize that neither side of the left/right paradigm have all the answers.

26 days ago
6/27/05

Crenshaw responded to the vile remarks made by Piker on Wednesday. "[Hasan Piker] seems to confuse 'Improvised Explosive Device' with some weird terrorist fantasy," he wrote via Twitter. "Lol sorry for triggering you Hasan."

26 days ago
6/13/09
Strangleu - 
salsero -

I watch a lot of media outlets - none of which I watch because they say what I want them to say. I watch because I want to see what others think.

There's a lot of truth in what TYT broadcasts - but that truth is from a progressive angle. This also applies to Fox News...there's truth coming from them, but from a more right-wing angle.

So I watch Fox News. I also watch TYT.  I read and watch other sources. I then make up my own mind. No one speaks absolute truth - it's all objective opinion, as influenced by facts.

Really? Because I do the same with MSNBC. I watch it often. And these people lie, or are wrong, or exaggerate to a much greater extent than conservatives.

I'm no Republican, but it's plain as day how illogical MSNBC is compared to conservative media.

I agree again.

I too watch MSNBC sometimes for amusement's sake. Their lies are so transparent. How can they call themselves "News".?

26 days ago
9/22/16
salsero - 
Strangleu -
salsero -

"Extent of exagerration" is a relative point of view. Conservative channels are just as bad. The failure to realize this is part of the problem.

The only way to objective truth is to realize that neither side of the left/right paradigm have all the answers.

No, other channels (conservative or otherwise) are not "just as bad" as MSNBC. Don't play that game. MSNBC is unhinged lunacy, at best.
26 days ago
10/27/05
Smilin like Rashad - 
factseatfeelings -
Smilin like Rashad - 

So people watch this guy watching Joe Rogan?

They don’t feel safe being exposed to shows like jre because they get triggered, so they watch through a leftist filter like tyt. I’m not kidding.

Sheezus....not at all surprising.

It's a very bizarre situation, but yeah it's true. Sometimes you have channels that people follow because they rely on people they "trust" (based on ideology alone) to filter their news because they can't handle the trauma of listening to it.

I think when it comes to things like this some people have been so brainwashed to think Joe/JRE is right wing and giving a platform to fascists/nazi's that they want nuggets of info to vomit into conversations so they can appear informed but can't bring themselves to actually listen to the conversation.

It's another reason if you ever watch the man on the street type youtube videos of protestors at events for people like Ben Shapiro/Milo/Gavin/etc the people there cannot quote a single thing the person said that they oppose. Someone who spoon fed them a narrative told them that the person was a racist/bigot/homophobe/transphobe/etc so they just show up like lemmings to shut them down.

26 days ago
10/4/18
Wayne Glamcock - 

problem with today is people don't get punched in the mouth for saying stupid shit. zero accountability.

THIS!
26 days ago
10/27/05

BTW the guy who said America deserved 9/11, and also praised the enemy combatant that caused Dan Crenshaw to lose an eye as a hero....Is the main Host ot TYT Cenk's nephew IIRC. Essentially Cenk who runs TYT gave a family member a job not because of any qualifications, but just nepotism and we shouldn't be shocked he's a moron, but he's a moron that TYT give a platform to.

26 days ago
6/5/03
salsero -
Strangleu -
salsero -

The fact that you still listen to TYT after some of the anti-American bullshit they produce is not a good sign.

Edited: 26 days ago
12/17/06
FaceToFace -
Altofsky -
Luke Rockhard -

Crazy to think how much has changed in our country since then. I don’t know of a time we have ever been so united as we were after 9/11 - certainly not in my lifetime. People had a true sense of patriotism, and these TYT faggots would be have been ostracized for saying that shit. “We will never forget!”

Now look at us. 

The youngest are the loudest. There is an entire generation of kids born after 9/11. And they're gonna be of age to vote soon. Scary shit. 

Scary shit indeed. If the group I taught was an accurate cross section...horee phuck 

My father retired from teaching around 7 years ago now. He says he wouldn't go back into those classrooms a without a gun. It used to be, "a whip and a chair" lol. Like a lion tamer.

26 days ago
9/12/05
Thage - 
Smilin like Rashad - 
factseatfeelings -
Smilin like Rashad - 

So people watch this guy watching Joe Rogan?

They don’t feel safe being exposed to shows like jre because they get triggered, so they watch through a leftist filter like tyt. I’m not kidding.

Sheezus....not at all surprising.

It's a very bizarre situation, but yeah it's true. Sometimes you have channels that people follow because they rely on people they "trust" (based on ideology alone) to filter their news because they can't handle the trauma of listening to it.

I think when it comes to things like this some people have been so brainwashed to think Joe/JRE is right wing and giving a platform to fascists/nazi's that they want nuggets of info to vomit into conversations so they can appear informed but can't bring themselves to actually listen to the conversation.

It's another reason if you ever watch the man on the street type youtube videos of protestors at events for people like Ben Shapiro/Milo/Gavin/etc the people there cannot quote a single thing the person said that they oppose. Someone who spoon fed them a narrative told them that the person was a racist/bigot/homophobe/transphobe/etc so they just show up like lemmings to shut them down.

Yes. Exactly.
26 days ago
9/12/05
salsero - 
Proteus The Invincible -

It is in fact true that the US is primarily responsible for 9/11, as well as all the other jihadi terrorist attacks that happen in the US. In reality, al-Qaeda was created by the US; Bin Laden was a CIA agent and still had a working relationship with the CIA in 2001; it has been a key aspect of US foreign policy to fund, arm and train jihadi terrorists all throughout the world since the Eisenhower administration; Saudi Arabia, one of the closest allies of the US, is the biggest direct supporter of global jihad—all of this is on record.

And what has been the response of the US to 9/11? A massive increase in funds, arms and training for the very same jihadis who carried out the attack. In Syria alone, the CIA provided $1 billion a year to the “moderate rebels” who were helping to overthrow Assad and install a US-sponsored regime. And who were these moderate rebels? Al-Nusra, primarily—i.e., the Syrian branch of al-Qaeda.

A wise post. 9/11 is a case of action/reaction. It’s not like the USA was just attacked for no reason. 9/11 would have never happened but for the years of stealthy, interloping shit the USA has done or contributed to over the years.

That said - doesn't make it right at all...but you can't ignore the contributing factors on both sides. The way a lot of right-wingers feel about Islam is comparable to how many residents in Islamic countries/communities feel about the USA and other western countries.

We're dealing with a MENTAL VIRUS of epic proportions here that is bringing about the so-called end-times or apocalypse.

This is a perfect example of what happens when you put your children through lowbrow/leftist run academic settings.

If you can't teach the course, don't start the lecture.
26 days ago
4/27/18
factseatfeelings -
salsero - 
Proteus The Invincible -

It is in fact true that the US is primarily responsible for 9/11, as well as all the other jihadi terrorist attacks that happen in the US. In reality, al-Qaeda was created by the US; Bin Laden was a CIA agent and still had a working relationship with the CIA in 2001; it has been a key aspect of US foreign policy to fund, arm and train jihadi terrorists all throughout the world since the Eisenhower administration; Saudi Arabia, one of the closest allies of the US, is the biggest direct supporter of global jihad—all of this is on record.

And what has been the response of the US to 9/11? A massive increase in funds, arms and training for the very same jihadis who carried out the attack. In Syria alone, the CIA provided $1 billion a year to the “moderate rebels” who were helping to overthrow Assad and install a US-sponsored regime. And who were these moderate rebels? Al-Nusra, primarily—i.e., the Syrian branch of al-Qaeda.

A wise post. 9/11 is a case of action/reaction. It’s not like the USA was just attacked for no reason. 9/11 would have never happened but for the years of stealthy, interloping shit the USA has done or contributed to over the years.

That said - doesn't make it right at all...but you can't ignore the contributing factors on both sides. The way a lot of right-wingers feel about Islam is comparable to how many residents in Islamic countries/communities feel about the USA and other western countries.

We're dealing with a MENTAL VIRUS of epic proportions here that is bringing about the so-called end-times or apocalypse.

This is a perfect example of what happens when you put your children through lowbrow/leftist run academic settings.

oh fuck off you twat

26 days ago
5/13/11
Strangleu -
factseatfeelings -
salsero - 
Proteus The Invincible -

oh fuck off you twat

The sites most ironic troll is hated bipartisanly for his idiotic shtick and moronic posts. 

25 days ago
4/27/18
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Strangleu -
factseatfeelings -
salsero - 
Proteus The Invincible -

oh fuck off you twat

The sites most ironic troll is hated bipartisanly for his idiotic shtick and moronic posts. 

i bet you dont know what ironic means!

25 days ago
1/1/01

Subbed for later 

25 days ago
9/12/05
Strangleu - 
factseatfeelings -
salsero - 
Proteus The Invincible -

oh fuck off you twat

What’s the problem? Why are we standing up for the slow people tonight?
25 days ago
1/1/01

Fuck those yellow bellied punk bitches. 

25 days ago
9/12/05
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

Not defending anyone, just trying to figure out what this guy actually said, vs what the OP put in quotes in the title.

Is this the tweets that are being referenced or did he actually say what is in quotes in the title?

This was addressed at the beginning of thread, you antifa turd.
Edited: 25 days ago
11/16/09

Anyone who condones what happened is an asshat. However, anyone who thinks it was out of the blue is a dipshit. We've been meddling there for decades prior, we continued the British and French tradition of imperialism and destabalization, they'd been stepping up their attacks and repraisals. 

Also, when this guy said and to paraphrase "the guy who took his eye is brave". He's not wrong. Whether it was in a firefight (more brave), or by digging a hole somewhere to plant an IED with death dealing remote controlled robots in the sky, or apaches, capable of using FLIR, or thermal optics to see your dumb ass in the middle of a road digging a hole with a 155mm artillery shell beside you, that's brave too, less brave than going tip to tip with a rifle, but still brave.

These guys are also not "terrorists". Attacking military targets is literally the opposite of terrorism. Now, it's true that some people involved in insurgency are also involved in terrorism, but not all insurgents in Iraq and Afghanistan were involved in terrorist activities. Bravery as a concept isn't attached to whether or not you agree with their motives or reasons for fighting. Bravery in this context is being willing to risk your life for some ideal you hold to be higher than your own, and to do so against overwhelming odds. Anyone who engages the US military, or coalition allies in a firefight, or by operating in the middle of the night to plant bombs knowing that any second a Predator could end their life before they know its coming, is brave. 

There are a lot of ex-servicemen who fought the Taliban, and they will tell you, the Taliban were good, often better than coalition forces. The big difference was follow through, staying power, and the full spectrum support that coalition forces had from indirect and direct fire support.

But this is really two issues isn't it. The towers were attacked by Saudi Arabians, funded by Saudi Arabians, sponsored by Saudi Arabians, but not Saudi Arabia right? Right?! The Taliban and the various Sunni and Shia militias in that fought an insurgency against the US and coalition forces, were, when they were carrying out insurgency, not terrorists, and for facing down the worlds greatest military power with ancient rocket propelled grenades, rifles, and the odd mortar, pretty fucking brave.

11/16/09
Stu Cazzo -

Crenshaw responded to the vile remarks made by Piker on Wednesday. "[Hasan Piker] seems to confuse 'Improvised Explosive Device' with some weird terrorist fantasy," he wrote via Twitter. "Lol sorry for triggering you Hasan."

Someone should instruct Crenshaw on what terrorism is. I'll briefly paraphrase it. It is the deliberate targeting of CIVILIANS, to force or enact political change.

Blowing up a military target is, by definition, not terrorism. An IED is nothing more than an elaborate mine. The US uses mines and currently maintains enormous mine belts along the DMZ between North and South Korea. Does this make the US military a terrorist apparatus? Of course not. Those mines are intended for military targets. The IED that blew up Crenshaw hit a military target. Any engineer crawling around in an active AO, where the enemy has complete air superiority and surveillanceof the area, knowing that at any second he could be blown apart by an enemy airstrike, planting mines, is brave.

The guy who planted that IED put himself in considerable danger to do it considering the comprehensive control of the airspace and surveillancethat the US and coalition forces have. I've seen plenty of liveleak videos of insurgents planting IEDs get fragged by an Apache or Predator to know that is a dangerous game. Whether or not you agree or like what the insurgents were fighting for, is immaterial. They are willing to risk their lives for some greater ideal they have. That = bravery.

25 days ago
6/23/09

Holy Sheeva that show is throat cancer.

25 days ago
1/1/01
Osbot - 
Stu Cazzo -

Someone should instruct Crenshaw on what terrorism is. I'll briefly paraphrase it. It is the deliberate targeting of CIVILIANS, to force or enact political change.

Blowing up a military target is, by definition, not terrorism. An IED is nothing more than an elaborate mine. The US uses mines and currently maintains enormous mine belts along the DMZ between North and South Korea. Does this make the US military a terrorist apparatus? Of course not. Those mines are intended for military targets. The IED that blew up Crenshaw hit a military target. Any engineer crawling around in an active AO, where the enemy has complete air superiority and surveillanceof the area, knowing that at any second he could be blown apart by an enemy airstrike, planting mines, is brave.

The guy who planted that IED put himself in considerable danger to do it considering the comprehensive control of the airspace and surveillancethat the US and coalition forces have. I've seen plenty of liveleak videos of insurgents planting IEDs get fragged by an Apache or Predator to know that is a dangerous game. Whether or not you agree or like what the insurgents were fighting for, is immaterial. They are willing to risk their lives for some greater ideal they have. That = bravery.

Sounds like Bill Maher saying the 9/11 hijackers were brave and courageous when the general chorus was that they were cowards.
25 days ago
11/17/10

The armenian broad they have on that show is oretty fucking hot, imo

Just strictly judging her body and what she has to offer sexually

25 days ago
1/9/02

sounds like ghenghiseanie

12/10/09
Osbot -
Stu Cazzo -

No. If you are sure that getting killed planting an IED will send you to an afterlife full of peace and comfort that far outdoes that of your life, you are not a hero. You are just trying to get to the other side. 

Now, an atheist or agnostic that puts himself at risk of death for his beliefs? THAT is bravery.