OtherGround Forums America is nothing without God

8/5/19 11:05 PM
9/12/05

And that is exactly why democrats/aspiring commies are so hell bent on destroying anything related to god/higher consciousness/creation figures. Our right are unalienable, they are endowed to us through our creator, not our fellow man. Our country was founded on our rights being God given because they were enlightened thinkers who understood the flaws of men, and that stating that our rights come from our creator, government/man cannot take them from us. This drives leftists crazy because they are so self absorbed that they have contempt for anything that stands in their way of changing the country into something that fits their preferences. This is a big problem because most of these people are incredibly stupid.

It is now common in our schools and universities to teach about our constitution with a flippant sense of disregard, and this is a problem. It's also very deliberate, as most of these teachers see themselves as activists.

Notice how I did not bring up religion, and that's because that's a totally different thing. An American does not need to be a church going Christian, but they do need to understand why the framers were intelligent enough build around the idea of a higher power.

Without this guiding principle in our country, things go to shit quickly, and the left loves it. The evidence of this is everywhere.

8/5/19 11:24 PM
1/1/01

TTT, and subbed for later 

8/5/19 11:25 PM
9/8/02

Regardless of one's view of God and Religion, the country did much better in some areas when those original Christian values were ingrained in society.

8/5/19 11:45 PM
4/29/07

I'm an atheist by definition, but lately I've seriously been considering starting to drag the family to church on Sundays.  I think it would be good for my 8 and 5 year olds. People today seriously suck.  Nobody has any manners and nobody gives a fuck about other people anymore.  Real or not, I think there's some good things they can learn about respect, selflessness, and treating your fellow man.

Edited: 8/5/19 11:48 PM
1/1/01

"I'm an atheist by definition, but lately I've seriously been considering starting to drag the family to church on Sundays.  I think it would be good for my 8 and 5 year olds. People today seriously suck.  Nobody has any manners and nobody gives a fuck about other people anymore.  Real or not, I think there's some good things they can learn about respect, selflessness, and treating your fellow man."

If you can't teach your kids those ideals without going to a church, then you need to seriously rethink some shit, sport. Christians like to think they have a monopoly on moral behavior. News Flash: They don't.

8/6/19 12:36 AM
3/18/02

theres 300 religions and denominations in the USA

Which god are we talking about here?  

Theres gonna be a lot of disappointed people that read your answer 

8/6/19 12:55 AM
5/22/05
Throwin'Knuckles -
BigEyedFish -

theres 300 religions and denominations in the USA

Which god are we talking about here?  

Theres gonna be a lot of disappointed people that read your answer 

The one that's really popular amongst Americans. 

$$$$$?

8/6/19 1:00 AM
11/16/08
jcblass - Regardless of one's view of God and Religion, the country did much better in some areas when those original Christian values were ingrained in society.

8/6/19 1:03 AM
9/24/07
jcblass - Regardless of one's view of God and Religion, the country did much better in some areas when those original Christian values were ingrained in society.

Yeah, pockets of this country infested by dumbfucks who needed to believe a magic sky fairy would damn their immortal souls for heinous crimes like working on Sunday and eating "unclean" meats from cloven-hoofed animals. Those types of people couldn't be trusted to not act like complete animals without jeebus in their lives. 

8/6/19 1:30 AM
12/6/16
b.d. -

Yeah, pockets of this country infested by dumbfucks who needed to believe a magic sky fairy would damn their immortal souls for heinous crimes like working on Sunday and eating "unclean" meats from cloven-hoofed animals. Those types of people couldn't be trusted to not act like complete animals without jeebus in their lives. 

Very bitter/angry sounding.

Maybe you need this:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/stress-management/in-depth/stress-relief/art-20044464

https://www.pewforum.org/2019/01/31/religions-relationship-to-happiness-civic-engagement-and-health-around-the-world/

8/6/19 1:30 AM
11/25/09

Religion is the answer? I guess I'll start attending my local mosque. 

8/6/19 1:38 AM
2/5/06

I'm an atheist

OP is correct

It doesn't have to be a "higher power" or a deity however. It can be the universe, or nature...just the fact you are alive gives you these rights, they aren't given by government, they're recognized by government....that's two different things.

8/6/19 1:40 AM
12/6/16
roxa star -

Edgy

8/6/19 1:44 AM
1/9/02
Kid Salami -

I'm an atheist by definition, but lately I've seriously been considering starting to drag the family to church on Sundays.  I think it would be good for my 8 and 5 year olds. People today seriously suck.  Nobody has any manners and nobody gives a fuck about other people anymore.  Real or not, I think there's some good things they can learn about respect, selflessness, and treating your fellow man.

I came to that conclusion a couple of yrs ago

you hear an endless chorus from fat, depressed, ppl with no ability to form real relationships with other humans about how bad Christianity is and its easy to buy into that when you're young and naive

church can be a little awkward as an atheist I will warn you

8/6/19 1:46 AM
1/9/02
pfsjkd - "I'm an atheist by definition, but lately I've seriously been considering starting to drag the family to church on Sundays.  I think it would be good for my 8 and 5 year olds. People today seriously suck.  Nobody has any manners and nobody gives a fuck about other people anymore.  Real or not, I think there's some good things they can learn about respect, selflessness, and treating your fellow man."

If you can't teach your kids those ideals without going to a church, then you need to seriously rethink some shit, sport. Christians like to think they have a monopoly on moral behavior. News Flash: They don't.

if you think you can you either dont have kids or you're too cocky

most ppl agree it takes a village to raise kids

their parents telling them one thing, about morality and their schools contradicting it is not healthy

8/6/19 1:49 AM
1/9/02
roxa star -

"religion" is juist a nice way of saying something other than Islam and secular humanism

new western converts to Islam tend to explode in Jewsih neighborhoods

not good

8/6/19 1:59 AM
2/20/09

Evolution is the foundation for a polite and altruistic society.

Its that simple.  Throughout the course of human existence, if you were a shithead you were expelled from the community and most likely died.

Not murdering others or fucking their wives or stealing shit from your neighbors had proven to be a successful recipe for social acceptance and therefore procreation.

God has fuckall to do with it.

Edited: 8/6/19 2:29 AM
1/9/02
donkypunch55 -

Its that simple.  Throughout the course of human existence, if you were a shithead you were expelled from the community and most likely died.

Not murdering others or fucking their wives or stealing shit from your neighbors had proven to be a successful recipe for social acceptance and therefore procreation.

cool

what part of evolution says enslaving or killing your direct competitors is wrong?

survival of the fittest directly encourages things like that if anything

the constitution has nothing to do with evolution

a society governed by surviaval of the fittest looks like Somali or Nazi Germany

8/6/19 2:04 AM
2/5/06
pfsjkd - "I'm an atheist by definition, but lately I've seriously been considering starting to drag the family to church on Sundays.  I think it would be good for my 8 and 5 year olds. People today seriously suck.  Nobody has any manners and nobody gives a fuck about other people anymore.  Real or not, I think there's some good things they can learn about respect, selflessness, and treating your fellow man."

No they don't have a monopoly, and you certainly can be a good person without God or religion.

But they're better at it and they're better at teaching it...especially to children.

I'm engrained in both worlds, I think I have a pretty objective view being an atheist involved with a lot of religion and religious people.

Kids who go to church regularly with their family are far better behaved, empathetic, kind, respectful etc. than ones who don't or haven't....it's really not something you can even try to overlook, it's overwhelming and I'd be a liar to say there isn't a difference just because I don't believe.

I don't think there's divinity at play here obviously, It's just that they're better at it and the secular/atheist world would stand to gain a lot by understanding that and emulating it somehow...instead they're busy hating them with such distain and anger, focusing on low hanging fruit arguments like magical sky daddy and losing their minds and sleep if they see the 10 commandments up somewhere.
8/6/19 2:23 AM
9/12/05
CaptainWoody - I'm an atheist

OP is correct

It doesn't have to be a "higher power" or a deity however. It can be the universe, or nature...just the fact you are alive gives you these rights, they aren't given by government, they're recognized by government....that's two different things.

Thank you for reiterating this for me. It seems like this went right over the heads of some of the posters here.

Our rights are as beautiful as they are unique on this planet. The older I get and the more I travel the world the more I realize how rare our liberties are.
8/6/19 2:26 AM
2/5/06
donkypunch55 - 

And you're a teacher

"Evolution is the foundation for a polite and altruistic society"

lol for homogeneity maybe but certainly not diversity. We are a conquering, tribalistic and murderous species ....murdering, fucking the wives and stealing made you a king if you did it to the "other people"

We have evolved the ability for some pretty evil behavior, as well as good. So right there the "evolution is the answer" argument is false.....evolution can't tell us why it's evil or good....or why sometimes something is evil and sometimes it's good.
8/6/19 2:33 AM
1/9/02

no one needs to advoacte for survival of the fittest

it is the natural state of all life on the planet. it takes effort to do something else

with the higher intelligence humans possess we're able to make up new rules that make most of our lives a little easier, religion, society, civilization etc. whatever you want to call it

8/6/19 2:41 AM
1/1/01
b.d. -

LMAO.....maybe crack a bible and do a little reading before spouting nonsense?

8/6/19 2:41 AM
4/13/12

In for christers vs the enlightened 

8/6/19 2:43 AM
9/8/02
b.d. - 

No, I am talking about the golden rule. As part of my religious prep school we took a class called Moral and Ethics where we discussed tough issues at a young age. The ten commandments meant something, marriage meant something, respecting your elders meant something. Sure, those pillars exist elsewhere, but when it is ingrained as a societal norm, its very positive.

Say what you want, but you don't see mass shooters being carried out by Mormons or the Amish.

I am not advocating for their religious beliefs, or who the hell they think "God is"...I am simply saying there is net positives to concepts like, "turn the other cheek" and "do not steal" or "do not murder."