OtherGround Forums Another hate crime debunked

10 days ago
6/30/07

The boys were cunts but they got swung on first.

10 days ago
5/13/11

So your argument for "debunked" is that video with no audio, shows that after this pack of teens were not only assaulting them verbally about their sexual orientation, but throwing things at them repeatedly (that's battery under our laws), one of the women standing up to them makes this all the women's fault,  and not a hate crime? 

They were being harrassed because of their sexual orientation. Thay were not the 1st to initiate physical attack, the kids were. You can defend yourself from things being thrown at you repeatedly. 

10 days ago
6/30/07

Under no legal system that I know of would what the girl did be considered self defense. She initiated contact, got her ass kicked, and screamed victim.

That pic of her in the thumbnail made all the rounds with headlines decrying this brazen attack on two queer girls. One more piece of tinder on the bonfire. Nowhere will you see retractions or corrections because the same people that used them for their cause don't actually give a shit about them.

There was no hate crime. Teenage boys were being shitheads no doubt, but the girl threw the first punch, covering ground to get to the guy when the path of retreat was also a viable option for dealing with a physical confrontation.

The only hate crimes committed were framing this altercation as a hate crime in the media. The race to find the latest outrage is responsible for the end of journalism.

10 days ago
1/1/01

Haven't watched it yet, I'm guessing both parties were at fault

10 days ago
1/13/04
Equal rights.. and lefts??
10 days ago
5/13/11

What path of retreat is there on a moving bus? 

The teens were being "shitheads" because of their sexual orientation. They also were the first to physically assault the girls. 

We agree on the media being the media though. No doubt.

10 days ago
6/30/07
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -

The teens were being "shitheads" because of their sexual orientation. They also were the first to physically assault the girls. 

You can flick pennies at me all day.  But when I get up and cover 10 feet to hit you, who do you think gets charged?

I don't think you are stupid, I think you are letting ideology obscure what is plain to see.

10 days ago
6/30/07
sicko -

Haven't watched it yet, I'm guessing both parties were at fault

Bingo

10 days ago
10/13/07

The guys were harassing them and throwing stuff at them. You’ve got to be delusional if you think that’s okay and not a crime. Wouldnt want that for anyone

10 days ago
10/14/03
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

So your argument for "debunked" is that video with no audio, shows that after this pack of teens were not only assaulting them verbally about their sexual orientation, but throwing things at them repeatedly (that's battery under our laws), one of the women standing up to them makes this all the women's fault,  and not a hate crime? 

They were being harrassed because of their sexual orientation. Thay were not the 1st to initiate physical attack, the kids were. You can defend yourself from things being thrown at you repeatedly. 

Spitting on someone is also battery, but when a cop reacts to it you blame the cop for getting physical.

But this girl had the right to retaliate physically right?
Edited: 10 days ago
12/10/09
daba -

The guys were harassing them and throwing stuff at them. You’ve got to be delusional if you think that’s okay and not a crime. Wouldnt want that for anyone

I don't think OP is saying the kids didn't committ a crime, JD.

10 days ago
5/13/11
Mountain Medic -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -

You can flick pennies at me all day.  But when I get up and cover 10 feet to hit you, who do you think gets charged?

I don't think you are stupid, I think you are letting ideology obscure what is plain to see.

I think you are doing the same. 

I get you want to hate on the media, which likely wont show that footage or update any of their previous articles. 

That doesn't change any of the things I stated. 

They were in fact being harrassed and assaulted based on sexual orientation. 

They did in fact get physically attacked first. 

So while self defense arguments get grey in the context of being on a moving bus with nowhere to retreat, there is still no disputing the altercation was started by the teens, and they were harassing and assaulted them because of their sexual orientation. 

This video doesn't debunk that this was a hate crime. It does show someone standing up to a pack of pathetic teens though. 

10 days ago
5/13/11
scrapdo -
daba -

I don't think OP is saying the kids didn't committ a crime, JD.

Right, he is just claiming a hate crime didn't take place at all, just because the one chick stood up for herself. Which is #fakenews. 

10 days ago
5/13/11
GenErick -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

Spitting on someone is also battery, but when a cop reacts to it you blame the cop for getting physical.

No, I don't blame the cop for getting physical. As I said in that thread, I just feel he had other choices other than a suplex head first into concrete. 

Pretty weak attempt. I'll give you a 2.5/10. 

10 days ago
9/20/19

Standing up for some goat-fucking shitheads? Wtf is wrong with you? 

10 days ago
6/30/07
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Mountain Medic -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -

I get you want to hate on the media, which likely wont show that footage or update any of their previous articles. 

So while self defense arguments get grey in the context of being on a moving bus with nowhere to retreat, there is still no disputing the altercation was started by the teens, and they were harassing and assaulted them because of their sexual orientation. 

This video doesn't debunk that this was a hate crime. It does show someone standing up to a pack of pathetic teens though. 

This is why nobody takes you seriously, my mistake for giving you the benefit of the doubt.

Have a great weekend.

10 days ago
1/1/01
LOL, was going to make a thread about an actual "hate" crime against lesbians being legit for once!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7738173/Teenage-yobs-admit-attack-doctor-girlfriend.html
10 days ago
12/15/11

And thats why i have my own body cam!

5/13/11
Mountain Medic -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Mountain Medic -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -

This is why nobody takes you seriously, my mistake for giving you the benefit of the doubt.

Have a great weekend.

What did I say that isn't accurate? Or you can just take the cop out I guess.

You too!

5/13/11
HillboFrateTrane -

Standing up for some goat-fucking shitheads? Wtf is wrong with you? 

That angle makes it even more perplexing. 

Mooslim immigrants assault women based on sexual orientation, but now it's "debunked" because the girl took a stand after being assaulted.

Some nerd made a video where he claims all they did was ask them questions about how they have sex (before threatening and throwing shit at them repeatedly) so it's all good bro. Just kids being kids!

10 days ago
8/31/18
Mountain Medic -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Mountain Medic -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -

Have a great weekend.

I take him more serious than you after that response. Blows my mind why people would basically type out to another person " yeah I don't care what you said I think your dumb and I won't listen to you" waaaaaah.

10 days ago
5/13/11
CobraKaiRep -
Mountain Medic -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Mountain Medic -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -

Have a great weekend.

I take him more serious than you after that response. Blows my mind why people would basically type out to another person " yeah I don't care what you said I think your dumb and I won't listen to you" waaaaaah.

It's a reflex response when you can't counter the actual points being made. 

The media sucks, and won't amend their stories. 

That said these women were still the victims, and it was still a hate crime. Good on the one for at least going down with a fight instead of just taking their abuse. 

10 days ago
6/30/07
Liyon - LOL, was going to make a thread about an actual "hate" crime against lesbians being legit for once!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7738173/Teenage-yobs-admit-attack-doctor-girlfriend.html

That article is a great example of spin, but this is my favorite part just because it's so completely unselfaware.

"'I remember they were continuing to show an interest and I said to them she doesn't speak English and then I pretended to speak some sort of Asian or Chinese language with her."

She tried to "ching chong chang" her way out of it. 

10 days ago
10/14/03
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
GenErick -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

No, I don't blame the cop for getting physical. As I said in that thread, I just feel he had other choices other than a suplex head first into concrete. 

Pretty weak attempt. I'll give you a 2.5/10. 

lol

My apologies for not knowing the age.

I don't disagree with your assessment of what to expect if you spit in someone's face and threaten them.
10 days ago
4/24/07
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

Harassed is a relative term to the one claiming it. You could claim I'm harassing you based on statistics of how often I respond to your posts. Do you feel harassed by me? Feelings of being harassed and being harassed are two different things. I'm not saying they didn't feel harassed but the threshold of what harassment is, changes from person to person. There is no one set definition as to what harassment is. I could simply "feel" harassed simply by you responding to my post. That doesn't make it so though.

I would assume in todays day that it's quite a bit easier to feel harassed than it is actually being harassed. From the story I don't think asking questions is harassment. Without context to the question and in what tone we are left with little to go on. At this point you can A:) think the worst of people or B:) Think better of people

Personally I would like to think people are better than just harassing what they think are gay people. Understandably it very well could be the opposite.