OtherGround Forums Any current or former bullies on here?

7/11/19 11:59 PM
2/14/11

Can you tell us some good stories of you bullying and why you stopped?

7/12/19 12:07 AM
6/3/09

Shut up nerd!

Edited: 7/12/19 1:18 AM
4/5/07

I was an accidental bully. I was huge for my age and kind of a spaz. So apparently I terrorized some kids when I was around 10, but only because we were at a small private school. I never beat anyone up, just was loud and harassed kids. 

15 years later I’m at a party and this guy is telling a story of the time he kicked the school bully down a flight of stairs, and I was like “hey, that was me!”  Good times. I don’t remember what I did to deserve it, but I was chasing him up the stairs and he turned at the top, grabbed both stair rails and spartan kicked me down the stairs. They were concrete exterior stairs, bloodied me up a bit, but I was fine.

I just went to class like nothing happened until the teacher saw the blood. I don’t even remember being mad about it. I was like a big puppy dog. Took me a while to realize everyone hated me. Then around 12 I had a radical personality shift and became that kid who would give away his lunch money just to try to get kids to like me. 

They still hated me, just for different reasons now.  And... I never grew out of it and still don’t have any close friends.  But I’m not sad about it, it’s just me. 

7/12/19 1:49 AM
3/19/04
GenericAmerican -

I was an accidental bully. I was huge for my age and kind of a spaz. So apparently I terrorized some kids when I was around 10, but only because we were at a small private school. I never beat anyone up, just was loud and harassed kids. 

15 years later I’m at a party and this guy is telling a story of the time he kicked the school bully down a flight of stairs, and I was like “hey, that was me!”  Good times. I don’t remember what I did to deserve it, but I was chasing him up the stairs and he turned at the top, grabbed both stair rails and spartan kicked me down the stairs. They were concrete exterior stairs, bloodied me up a bit, but I was fine.

I just went to class like nothing happened until the teacher saw the blood. I don’t even remember being mad about it. I was like a big puppy dog. Took me a while to realize everyone hated me. Then around 12 I had a radical personality shift and became that kid who would give away his lunch money just to try to get kids to like me. 

They still hated me, just for different reasons now.  And... I never grew out of it and still don’t have any close friends.  But I’m not sad about it, it’s just me. 

You sound like a good dude. Surprised you don’t have friends. Maybe you don’t put yourself out there.

7/12/19 1:53 AM
8/26/18

Why stop when it feels so good. 

7/12/19 2:04 AM
4/5/07
Canooke -
GenericAmerican -

You sound like a good dude. Surprised you don’t have friends. Maybe you don’t put yourself out there.

Thanks.  There are other complicating factors, like we moved around a lot (36 addresses in 5 states by the time I was 17) and I was raised in a cult.  So when I went my own way in my early 20s, it distanced me from just about everyone, even the rest of my family.  And even the kids I grew up with who also left don't really like to talk about it, so they will sometimes keep their distance from former members as well.  

I'm kind of a weird guy, not sure if that's by nature or nurture, but I tend to try to "act normal" around new people, so I sometimes come off as the personality-less dude with dead eyes.  But when I drop the normal act, I'm the weird cult guy who seems like a closeted homo.  But then again, I'm never sure how much of that is in my head or what people actually think of me.  

Edited: 7/12/19 2:16 AM
3/17/14

I bullied a kid who ended up becoming my best friend.

My school was not the best school. Alot of fights. If you were a bitch then someone would test you, unless you had tough friends.

Well a friend of mine had a cousin moving to town. My friend didnt care to hang out with his cousin and take care of him. So I kinda took the kid under my wing. I bullied him to make him tough as he was kinda a bitch. Cried alot about girls not liking him and was into fashion and shit.

Well I bullied him to show everyone else that he was my bitch in a sense. No one bothered him if I was bullying him. I didnt hate the kid. Just tough love in a sense.

Looking back on it, it's kinda embarrassing but he tells everyone when he introduces me. Something like "Hey everyone, this is Dion. He was my bully in HS". Everytime I got to explain why I did it. He understands and often tells me thank you for looking out for him.

Now we are best friends and I'm the godfather to his daughter. 

7/12/19 2:20 AM
2/3/10

I remember in the 1st grade some big fat kid used to bully me and one day I got sick of it and  put my hands on a table on each side and swung and kicked him real good in the stomache. He went down and he didnt bother me again. When I saw him on the streets around 2nd grade he was a book nerd.

7/12/19 2:41 AM
1/1/01

For later to tell my story

Edited: 7/12/19 4:03 AM
9/23/07

I was mean to a kid that had some sort of flinching disorder in middle school.

You could snap your arm in his direction from anywhere in a classroom and he would totally spaz out like you threw a baseball in his face.

I dont feel great about it, but I didnt make his life super miserable, I just thought it was funny to make him flinch.

7/12/19 7:11 AM
5/8/13

I was, regret it. But hey, you’re either the hammer or the nail imo, I chose not to be the nail, ya know? 

7/12/19 7:30 AM
12/6/10

I bullied and made fun of the gay dudes in high school

good times