OtherGround Forums Anyone else concerned about access to cash...

12 days ago
7/22/04
Should Biden win?

I honestly am concerned about market crashes and other shit leading to runs on the bank and resulting in problems getting access to money in the bank.

Maybe because I have family in Argentina who have had this issue due to the economic situation there. To me a Biden whitehouse especially if it is accompanied by a dem house and senate means economic disaster for this country.

In entire voting lifetime (cast my first vote ever for Ronald Regan) this is the most concerned I have been about an election
12 days ago
1/1/01

Trump is winning

12 days ago
5/22/05
You are delusional.
12 days ago
2/9/09

Whats odd is, stocks are doing fine despite most polls/Vegas odds having Biden winning. Also, I saw a chart showing stocks etc with Dem vs Republican Presidents and the numbers weren't too far off

12 days ago
2/9/09
jscorbett -

Trump is winning

Well, he's losing all the early votes and all the polls so. 

12 days ago
1/3/20
jscorbett -

Trump is winning

You sound as cocky as the lefties in 2016. Never relax! 

12 days ago
5/22/05
Bend The Knee - 

Whats odd is, stocks are doing fine despite most polls/Vegas odds having Biden winning. Also, I saw a chart showing stocks etc with Dem vs Republican Presidents and the numbers weren't too far off

It's almost like who's president isn't the decisive economic factor.
12 days ago
5/18/01

Super overreaction.   Although I'm voting for trump,  Biden really isn't so bad.  He's a status quo liberal.   Everything will be ok.

Edited: 12 days ago
1/1/01

I keep this in one of my homes (not the ones my wife or sidepieces live in) so I never have to worry about banks.

Pics: This pile of cash, worth $22bn, was found inside the insane home of a Mexican drug lord | JOE is the voice of Irish people at home and abroad

giant fucking pile of gold, cash it out 48 hours - #138249996 added by recoveryone at Gold toilet paper

12 days ago
3/2/09
BJ Penn Forever -

I keep this in one of my homes (not the ones my wife or sidepieces live in) so I never have to worry about banks.

Pics: This pile of cash, worth $22bn, was found inside the insane home of a Mexican drug lord | JOE is the voice of Irish people at home and abroad

giant fucking pile of gold, cash it out 48 hours - #138249996 added by recoveryone at Gold toilet paper

lol

12 days ago
3/2/09

Remember back in 2010, the UG said this guy would be broke in 10 years?

Edited: 12 days ago
1/1/01

No, not really.  

Obama's administrative team was hand picked by Citibank.  Joe's team are all corporate and military industrial complex members.  Joe himself has said many times that if he is elected, he will not change any of Trump's current policies.   The corporations largely control politics and they will continue to do so if Biden wins.  

I predict a flat market if Biden is declared the winner.

The danger from Biden comes from his administration throwing the radical progressives a few bones to keep them on board.  How much he would cave in to them is the question.

12 days ago
9/23/07
Biden is bad for the economy, but he's establishment, and that's all they care about. Same reason why Trump and Bernie were shafted by their own parties. Status Quo must go on at all cost, even the Presidency. That's why Dems ran two losers in a row.

The problem was that republican voters weren't going to let the party decide. Bernie took it up the ass twice, and Dem voters went along with it, like they do. So, Trump Train honk honk.

Your money is safe.
12 days ago
1/1/01
The Popeye - Should Biden win?

I honestly am concerned about market crashes and other shit leading to runs on the bank and resulting in problems getting access to money in the bank.

Maybe because I have family in Argentina who have had this issue due to the economic situation there. To me a Biden whitehouse especially if it is accompanied by a dem house and senate means economic disaster for this country.

In entire voting lifetime (cast my first vote ever for Ronald Regan) this is the most concerned I have been about an election

You’re fucking dumb. 

12 days ago
5/23/12

I am more concerned that you have not called into the show lately! Homeboy is getting cocky with you gone. 

12 days ago
5/18/11

regardless i'm hoping for a huge dip so i can buy in some more.

Be greedy when others are fearful, and fearful when others are greedy.

12 days ago
12/18/03
banco -
Bend The Knee - 

OR

That despite their self proclaimed differences, they both serve the same masters! 

12 days ago
1/1/01
MarsMan - 
banco -
Bend The Knee - 

OR

That despite their self proclaimed differences, they both serve the same masters! 

Not necessarily.

When it became Trump was going to win on election night, the market dropped about 800 points.  Then finished the day several hundred points in the green.  Money was being reallocated by massive hedge funds to investments that would benefit from a Trump presidency over a Hillary one.

12 days ago
9/14/10

Should Biden win the economy will crash during his first 4 years but this will be a result of Trumps failure though and not Biden’s. Same as trumos success was mostly what Obama set up previously. 

11 days ago
11/15/04
MarsMan -
banco -
Bend The Knee - 

OR

This guy gets it. 

There will be no great upheaval if Biden wins, just like there was none when Trump one. People will cry and grouse whoever actually wins but the world will continue to spin on its axis. 

Edited: 11 days ago
1/1/01
Bend The Knee -

Wall street already has booked in Biden (like Hillary in 2016) so if Trump wins again,  I wouldn't be surprised to see the market rise again. 

11 days ago
4/13/12
LiveWire -
MarsMan -
banco -
Bend The Knee - 

OR

This guy gets it. 

There will be no great upheaval if Biden wins, just like there was none when Trump one. People will cry and grouse whoever actually wins but the world will continue to spin on its axis. 

Presidents leave little impact on the economy short to mid term.  Sometime their policies can make an impact long term but not always.

Giving a president credit of the economy is really silly although we do and they take credit for it every chance they can.

11 days ago
10/17/08
MPA - 

Remember back in 2010, the UG said this guy would be broke in 10 years?

No I don't remember that. What, one or two people said something so stupid? Everyone know Floyd "Money" Mayweather is rich and will stay that way.

What does this have to do with the topic?

11 days ago
7/8/17

You're a goddamn moron

11 days ago
8/19/06

Won't be a problem. The markets will rise if Biden wins as the government will spend more. It could have répercussions in the long term, but that's years away.