OtherGround Forums Anyone else have this problem?

23 days ago
5/23/12

I have deer cross the road in front of me EVERY day, some times multiple times during my drive.

Right now its just something else to watch out for but once it gets later in the year and its dark when i am driving to work it is pretty stressful, Honestly I am amazed I have not hit one yet. 

Do you guys have deer or other "large enough to fuck up your car" animals that run into the road near you? 

23 days ago
8/9/07

Insert Jay running gif

23 days ago
7/9/19
Passive Jay -

I have deer cross the road in front of me EVERY day, some times multiple times during my drive.

Right now its just something else to watch out for but once it gets later in the year and its dark when i am driving to work it is pretty stressful, Honestly I am amazed I have not hit one yet. 

Do you guys have deer or other "large enough to fuck up your car" animals that run into the road near you? 

Have lots of deer that will be lining the sides of the road at certain times of the year to eat whatever is in the grass by the road, have hit a couple and messed my vehicles up pretty good. What’s more stressful is if your on a motorcycle at night and see one about to play frogger with you. Sold my bike

23 days ago
5/23/12
OtherGrooundDropIn -

Insert Jay running gif

23 days ago
5/23/12
Brianmx234 -
Passive Jay -

Have lots of deer that will be lining the sides of the road at certain times of the year to eat whatever is in the grass by the road, have hit a couple and messed my vehicles up pretty good. What’s more stressful is if your on a motorcycle at night and see one about to play frogger with you. Sold my bike

yeah motorcycles are cool but too scary for me. 

22 days ago
1/16/19

Yes, and I’ve hit three. Only one that did real damage though. Other two barely clipped. Combination of night driving, no shoulder roads will tall grass, and there just being a fuck ton of the bastards in the forested areas that I drive. I try to do my part and shoot and eat them every year. Plus culling the herd with my vehicles.

22 days ago
7/14/16

Deer are fucking EVRYWHERE here. I live within city limits and still see them in my yard and crossing streets. The highways are always littered with slaughtered deer and we have dedicated road crews that collect dead animals from the streets. Hunting is huge here and it's still overpolulated. They even released some cyotes to thin the population years back... so now we have a deef problem AND a cyote problem lol. 

I've had MANY close calls but only 2 accidents due to them. When I was 17 a deer was spooked in the road. He must have come off the hillside to my right and traffic was too thick for him to finish crossing in the left lane because he was standing there blocking the road. I stopped and the semi way the fuck behind me wasn't paying attention. Total carnage. Rear ended me, jack-knifed and his trailer took out a an oncoming car like a baseball bat. 

The other, on my way to work, 2:00 am, dark as hell. Had one run full speed into the side fo my truck. Scared the fucking hell out of me. Driving along and BAM... I saw it's head for a split second out of the corner of my eye then it was gone. it tumbled and slammed down the side, ripped off the mirror, ripped off both fender flares, left a massive dent in the front fender, and left blood shit and fur down the side. 

22 days ago
6/30/07

I blew TWO tires running over an elk in a jeep once. Had a deer come through the windshield in that same Jeep.

Drove right into an elk herd in a fog bank, low speed but did a couplegrand in damage to the van I was driving.

Had a fawn run down a hill at me. Did the mental math and accelerated. Almost cleared it but heard the tiniest thump so I pulled over. Little fucker somehow managed to ram his head between the rear bumper and 1/4 panel. He was still alive and screaming....

22 days ago
3/1/09

Dumbasses try and cross the highway here.  Busiest f'n highway in North America, 40 years of the government taking preventative measures and they still manage to suicide dive into it.

22 days ago
5/23/12
Mountain Medic -

I blew TWO tires running over an elk in a jeep once. Had a deer come through the windshield in that same Jeep.

Drove right into an elk herd in a fog bank, low speed but did a couplegrand in damage to the van I was driving.

Had a fawn run down a hill at me. Did the mental math and accelerated. Almost cleared it but heard the tiniest thump so I pulled over. Little fucker somehow managed to ram his head between the rear bumper and 1/4 panel. He was still alive and screaming....

that must have been horrible. 

22 days ago
5/4/14

I work in Vancouver’s skid row and have to avoid large aggressive mammals on a daily basis. They’re called crack heads and they just bounce off your car unscathed and carry on with their day. 

22 days ago
5/23/12
Lurker99 -

Deer are fucking EVRYWHERE here. I live within city limits and still see them in my yard and crossing streets. The highways are always littered with slaughtered deer and we have dedicated road crews that collect dead animals from the streets. Hunting is huge here and it's still overpolulated. They even released some cyotes to thin the population years back... so now we have a deef problem AND a cyote problem lol. 

I've had MANY close calls but only 2 accidents due to them. When I was 17 a deer was spooked in the road. He must have come off the hillside to my right and traffic was too thick for him to finish crossing in the left lane because he was standing there blocking the road. I stopped and the semi way the fuck behind me wasn't paying attention. Total carnage. Rear ended me, jack-knifed and his trailer took out a an oncoming car like a baseball bat. 

The other, on my way to work, 2:00 am, dark as hell. Had one run full speed into the side fo my truck. Scared the fucking hell out of me. Driving along and BAM... I saw it's head for a split second out of the corner of my eye then it was gone. it tumbled and slammed down the side, ripped off the mirror, ripped off both fender flares, left a massive dent in the front fender, and left blood shit and fur down the side. 

wow that sucks

Edited: 22 days ago
6/30/07
Passive Jay -
Mountain Medic -

Ive responded to motorcycle vs elk and motorcycle vs cow. It can be far worse my friend.

Fiero vs elk didn't go so good either.

Get yourself a good deer killing bumper, it'll save your engine and maybe your life. When a deer runs out DO NOT SWERVE, that causes far more fatalities than actual wildlife commissions. Accelerate and hold your line. This raises the front of your vehicle which makes it more likely go under your rig instead of the windscreen. Hard braking lowers the front of your rig, which isn't preferred.

22 days ago
5/23/12
Mountain Medic -
Passive Jay -
Mountain Medic -

Ive responded to motorcycle vs elk and motorcycle vs cow. It can be far worse my friend.

Get yourself a good deer killing bumper, it'll save your engine and maybe your life. When a deer runs out DO NOT SWERVE, that causes far more fatalities than actual wildlife commissions. Accelerate and hold your line. This raises the front of your vehicle which makes it more likely go under your rig instead of the windscreen. Hard braking lowers the front of your rig, which isn't preferred.

lol I drive a fiesta st, zero chance that the deer is going under my car no matter what I do.

22 days ago
6/30/07
Passive Jay -
Mountain Medic -
Passive Jay -
Mountain Medic -

lol I drive a fiesta st, zero chance that the deer is going under my car no matter what I do.

Then you definitely need a deer killing bumper!

There are companies that make them for those little cars, mostly sold in Israel.

22 days ago
7/14/16
Mountain Medic - 
Passive Jay -
Mountain Medic -
Passive Jay -
Mountain Medic -

There are companies that make them for those little cars, mostly sold in Israel.

My brother drove truck for years. His buddy drove as well and used to drive up through Canada. He had his semi fitted with this mad max looking cage on the front to protect from hiting Moose. The thing was so strong that deer were like hitting bugs to him. My brother told me a story about that guy hiring him to trade off driving as he had a time sensitive haul to make cross country. He said they were on the highway ad a small family of deer crossed in front of him. He said there were just body parts and chunks flying by as that guy destroyed 2 or 3 of them. Always wanted something like that on my jeep lol.

22 days ago
5/23/12
Mountain Medic -
Passive Jay -
Mountain Medic -
Passive Jay -
Mountain Medic -

Lol that would certainly make for an interesting look

22 days ago
5/19/17

Happens all the time. I deliver newspapers in a rural area. Deers, swine, rabbits. Fortunate enough to never hit a deer yet. But it's bound to en happen

22 days ago
9/15/13

Live in aus, kangaroos are cunts of things easily write off a small car on impact. Best advice get a heavy vehicle with a bullbar, and always stop if you do hit one incase its carrying a joey in its pouch. But other than that, fuck the cunts get off my fucking road. Pricks.

22 days ago
1/1/01
I have hit several deer in the winter over the years.

At times it is almost like they leap into your moving car on purpose. Just not avoidable sometimes.
22 days ago
5/11/05

Wolf, Deer, fox, coyotes, skunk, raccoon... I’ve seen 3 black bears run across the road this year alone!

22 days ago
10/5/11

Your car sounds fun to drive. 

22 days ago
1/2/14

I’ve got to worry about these big fellas every day of the year.
22 days ago
6/30/07
Passive Jay -
Mountain Medic -
Passive Jay -
Mountain Medic -
Passive Jay -
Mountain Medic -

Lol that would certainly make for an interesting look

We could change your name to Mad Jay!

22 days ago
6/30/07
titanphit -

I’ve got to worry about these big fellas every day of the year.

They look delicious