OtherGround Forums Anyone else not tip while on the road?

11 days ago
9/6/19
I eat out pretty often, and I, like most of us, feel the need to tip or else feel the wrath of the waiter with some loogies in our food, steaks wiped on toilet seats, piss in the margarita, etc. etc. The fucking waiters got us over a barrel. So, begrudgingly, I tip. Like 10 or 12 percent, enough so they don't fee totally ripped off and thus I can avoid the penalties. But I'm no douche bag trying to leave a 15% to 25% tip to throw money around wasting it so I can make myself feel like a big, generous man. Just enough to avoid the loogies.

But, when I am on the road, and I'm at a restaurant I'm not coming back to any time in the near future, its PAYBACK time. Absolutely, positively, zero fucking tip. No matter how good the service was. ZERO. Paybacks are hell.

And, honestly, I feel like people should leave the tip they FEEL like leaving, the benefit they get from having the waiter bring the food and drinks to them from the kitchen. Its just that, to me, that benefit is ZERO. I would honestly go grab it all from the kitchen myself. But I don't have that option. Instead they let the waiter blackmail money out of me.

So, when I don't have to worry about said blackmail, ZERO.

Anyone else do the same?
11 days ago
11/11/13

Who exactly are you trying to payback? The waiter/waitress making $3 an hour?

The owner/chain still gets paid, so....

11 days ago
9/6/11

Fuckin homoslice back again 

11 days ago
7/2/09
MyDaddy - I eat out pretty often, and I, like most of us, feel the need to tip or else feel the wrath of the waiter with some loogies in our food, steaks wiped on toilet seats, piss in the margarita, etc. etc. The fucking waiters got us over a barrel. So, begrudgingly, I tip. Like 10 or 12 percent, enough so they don't fee totally ripped off and thus I can avoid the penalties. But I'm no douche bag trying to leave a 15% to 25% tip to throw money around wasting it so I can make myself feel like a big, generous man. Just enough to avoid the loogies.

But, when I am on the road, and I'm at a restaurant I'm not coming back to any time in the near future, its PAYBACK time. Absolutely, positively, zero fucking tip. No matter how good the service was. ZERO. Paybacks are hell.

And, honestly, I feel like people should leave the tip they FEEL like leaving, the benefit they get from having the waiter bring the food and drinks to them from the kitchen. Its just that, to me, that benefit is ZERO. I would honestly go grab it all from the kitchen myself. But I don't have that option. Instead they let the waiter blackmail money out of me.

So, when I don't have to worry about said blackmail, ZERO.

Anyone else do the same?

This is one of the better written troll posts on here in a while.  You had me in stitches with 'blackmail', bravo sir.  

Now come forward and unmask yourself.  What's your other account?

11 days ago
6/10/08

11 days ago
2/25/13
tips to get better bargains at grocery stores.

when they sell fruits or vegetables in bundles, ie 1 bag is a dollar, ..

take some fruits/vegs out of another bundle and place it inside the bundle you intend to buy
11 days ago
9/2/14

Definitely Homeslices new account. Don’t you steal from grocery stores too?

11 days ago
9/2/14
Poiupoiu - tips to get better bargains at grocery stores.

when they sell fruits or vegetables in bundles, ie 1 bag is a dollar, ..

take some fruits/vegs out of another bundle and place it inside the bundle you intend to buy

Beat me to it 

11 days ago
1/18/06
You one dumb muthafucka, Stutz
Edited: 11 days ago
7/24/14

No waiters are getting smarter homeslice. They take a photo of your card and wait for a couple months to go by before they fuck your asshole. Just reciprocate for their service and you’ll be okay. 

11 days ago
3/12/07

SN is funny considering the whole grndr thing.

11 days ago
2/29/16
GoodNightIrene - 

Definitely Homeslices new account. Don’t you steal from grocery stores too?

HE'S THE $40 STEAK EATIN, ASPARAGUS STEALIN, WHEELIN, DEALIN, CORVETTE DRIVIN, FISH KILLIN SON OF A GUN.  WOOO.

11 days ago
1/18/06
WikiTheWalrus - 

SN is funny considering the whole grndr thing.

Hahah
10 days ago
12/4/08

What a fucking loser OP is. Maybe the biggest ever on the OG.

10 days ago
1/1/01
smellslikefishtasteslikechicken -

Yup

10 days ago
10/22/14

I haaaaaate tipping. It's the stupidest practice we have. It needs to end. I'd also rather go pick up my food then have to tip.

It's just crazy that the person who brings you your food makes more money then a cop, firefighter, teacher, etc. Can go on and on. 

10 days ago
12/29/18
Jayn200 -

I haaaaaate tipping. It's the stupidest practice we have. It needs to end. I'd also rather go pick up my food then have to tip.

It's just crazy that the person who brings you your food makes more money then a cop, firefighter, teacher, etc. Can go on and on. 

You and op should eat at McDonald’s then and leave adulting to successful people 

10 days ago
10/22/14
Bret Kavanaugh -
Jayn200 -

You and op should eat at McDonald’s then and leave adulting to successful people 

Lol... Or maybe just live in a country where I don't have to tip.

Or go somewhere nice and just ghost them on the tip. 

10 days ago
1/2/15

We need more alt accounts to really turn this place to shit 

10 days ago
6/30/14

Sak hooked some more people

10 days ago
8/20/03

I say it every time a thread about tipping in the USA is started.

Tipping in the US is a weird mixture of shame and bragging.

It's amazing how the industry holds people hostage.

You're actually seriously worried that someone will tamper with your food.

What kind of place would allow that? 

It's shocking when it's one or two places you can think of that it "might" happen but when it's a broad range and commonly "accepted" that it probably will if you don't tip or tip enough, you have to wonder what the heck is going on.

So basically you accept that if you don't tip, decently at that, you're accepting the chance someone may tamper with your food?

Then on top of that, you'll turn on each other like crabs in a bucket and shame each other for not tipping or not tipping enough to prevent it?

...wow...

10 days ago
5/30/10

tipping is getting out of control.  if I go to a Vietnamese place and order pho and all they do is bring the food to my table, I don't tip. If I go to Denny's and they bring me my food and occasionally come by and refill by coffee and ask if I need anything else then I tip.

10 days ago
3/27/03

I don’t mind tipping someone working hard... wouldn’t give a squirt of piss to a panhandler dying of thirst though 

10 days ago
4/13/12

wasn't he tuffer before homeslice?

10 days ago
1/1/01
smellslikefishtasteslikechicken -

Homeslice is the Conorwinstherematch of the OG.