OtherGround Forums Anyone else super not into pot culture?

11 days ago
1/1/01

I love weed but fuck being cloudy all day. I love the ppl who buy strains that make them "hyper and more focused" but look like you could slap the vape pen right out of their mouth without noticing. 

11 days ago
9/26/10

im basically the same on all accounts. the only thing ive tried and liked is aderall. probably had it 6 or 8 times. been around 8 years since. 

11 days ago
4/29/09
angryinch -
EFM - 

I love pot, but i like it by myself, at night, about an hour to 90 minutes before i goto bed.

Same here. 5mg edible when I get home from work, then a few hours later a single hit from a vape pen about 15 minutes before I go to sleep.

Helps me sleep like a baby, and enjoy the few minutes before I fall asleep. I don't care what anyone says about it ruining your sleep, it helps mine. Plus, again, the nice buzz for those last 15 minutes before I fall asleep. And if I die in my sleep then at least I'll have enjoyed my last waking moment.

if its in my house Im smoking it, I cant really do the whole moderation thing it just doesnt work

also I notice that if I take too long a break, like even 2 days, I will get too high when I do smoke again

11 days ago
1/1/01

Also, the stench can be avoided by just smoking out of glass and using sanitizer. No need to hot box and some blunts on the way to get pizza. Have some self respect.

Whenever I smoked pot I'd have my whole kit. Small glass one hitter, aloe verá hand San and sobre rohto green. No stoner talk or stupid grin on my face. 

11 days ago
6/26/06
The Pendulum -
Girly -

I also think my brain is already in the realm of what people get to when they're high.  I can get there for free.  

Youre not lol.

Different substances alter your mind differently. Getting a dopamine hit from working out isn't the same as smoking a joint, or railing back a few lines.

I did it enough back then to know what's up.  Also dropped a couple times and would never ever do that again 

Edited: 11 days ago
1/1/01

OP just can't handle my, like uh, whatever it was...

--What are were talking about, again... like, lifestyles or something?

11 days ago
1/1/01

I've never smoked dope and really don't getting the obsession with everyone needing to be high 24/7. They all have that nasty hacking cough, their mental capacity is slow. 

11 days ago
3/31/14
I smoke weed every day. But you will never see me rocking a hat or clothes with pot images on it. Fuck reggae an all those festivals.

Last but not least I smell good all the time
11 days ago
9/10/13

What does it cost to smoke every day? 

11 days ago
8/5/17

I like to smoke it when I can. It's been a while tho. Job things in a non legal state can often eliminate the option. I have spent a lot of time around people who make that their life tho. Generally they're much more preferable than drunks. The smells don't really bother me. However, like anyone else who identifies them self as a human by some less important aspect of their life, other than the sum of actions or choices their life represents, pot heads can be quite annoying too.

It's not gonna stop me from seeing a good reggae band tho.

11 days ago
6/19/10

I vape or take edibles at night.  Helps with all the pain.

Ps- Fuck reggae and white people with dreads. 

11 days ago
4/13/12
pahulkster -

What does it cost to smoke every day? 

How much?  Do you mean stay high as fuck all day or just a little stoned before bed?  And what grade of weed?  So anywhere from $1 to $100 a day.

11 days ago
7/31/09

I smoke/vape weed but I'm not real into the culture part of it. Too many dumbshits.

11 days ago
4/18/01
EFM - 

I love pot, but i like it by myself, at night, about an hour to 90 minutes before i goto bed.

Same. I don't smoke very often but I prefer a nightcap solo
11 days ago
5/14/13
Girly -
The Pendulum -
Girly -

I also think my brain is already in the realm of what people get to when they're high.  I can get there for free.  

Youre not lol.

Different substances alter your mind differently. Getting a dopamine hit from working out isn't the same as smoking a joint, or railing back a few lines.

I did it enough back then to know what's up.  Also dropped a couple times and would never ever do that again 

Sure. I'm not going to argue with your personal experience, but mood plays a huge part in what kind of high you get, depending on the substance you take.

I assume when you say your "brain is already there" you're talking about an open mind?

11 days ago
12/17/06
HighInsideLegKick -

Im with ya homie. Pot makes people dumb, and makes men less than what they could be. 

Lol

11 days ago
1/1/01
Was never my thing, don't care if other people do it though. It's weird to me that at a time when people are lazier and more apathetic than ever, more people are all about getting high.

These days if you want to have success in life, you're going to have to work harder than ever. Not a good time to prioritize smoking weed and eating snacks.
11 days ago
6/19/10
PeteyWheatstraw - Was never my thing, don't care if other people do it though. It's weird to me that at a time when people are lazier and more apathetic than ever, more people are all about getting high.

These days if you want to have success in life, you're going to have to work harder than ever. Not a good time to prioritize smoking weed and eating snacks.

Definitely. In my experience, most potheads are lazy as fuck. People who moderate on the other hand, do just fine. 

11 days ago
1/1/01
GOREILLAMAN - 
PeteyWheatstraw - Was never my thing, don't care if other people do it though. It's weird to me that at a time when people are lazier and more apathetic than ever, more people are all about getting high.

Definitely. In my experience, most potheads are lazy as fuck. People who moderate on the other hand, do just fine. 

It's like there are way less opportunities now, you need better credentials to get them, if you want to go to college, you'll probably have to work also if you don't want serious debt. Yet young people in general are less driven since they can't be pushed hard anymore because emotions.

You add getting high into that formula, which often times goes hand in hand with video games, snacks, watching TV/movies non-stop and general non-activity, you're setting yourself up to amount to nothing. You'll be real relaxed and creative though.
11 days ago
5/1/14

Im not big in to it. Ill smoke maybe twice a year and just a hit ir two. I also eat edibles a couple times a year.

Nothing against pot. What gets me is that its become a lifestyle. Thats what I can't figure out.

11 days ago
8/8/18

"pot culture" can be annoying, I still smoke every now and then but that's as far as it goes. I don't give a shit about 420 or own anything with weed leaves on them ect.. That's for them young folk. 

11 days ago
3/15/15
most that use pot as a "culture" are just idiots who go nowhere in life.
11 days ago
2/17/11

Really wish I could get into it, but I can't.  Not for lack of trying, it just doesn't do the things for me that it does for other people that I've talked to.  I've tried a lot of different kinds too. 

Also, I'm not knocking anything or any one (like I said, I really wish I could get into it), but I always found it so funny when people referred to it specifically as medicine....then you walk into a "medical dispensary" and start reading some of the names of the stuff

Durban Poison

Bob Sagat OG

Chernobyl

Alaskan Thunderfuck

LOL....I just picture walking into my local Walgreens and picking up my prescription for that ;-) .

11 days ago
1/18/12

I have no problem with it.

Ive never liked people that brag about it or feel the need to go to pot festivals and shit tho.

Or people that base their identity off of it. Thats weird.

Edited: 11 days ago
4/16/13
Girly -
EFM -

You're fucking up your deep sleep bro! Swap it for CBD or at least add it with it to counter 

I smoked weed every day and always before bed for many years. I quit for a couple months and am now only smoking once a week or if I go to a concert. The biggest change has been getting actual REM sleep. I might not sleep through the night as consistently as when I smoked but that REM is doing good things for my brain. Dreams are awesome too.

The science isn't too clear on what REM does but there's speculation it has a lot to do with forming long term memories. There's gotta be a reason we're programmed to normally get much more of it than what nightime weed smokers get. I feel sharper mentally and my memory is much better since stopping. If I start smoking more frequently again I will now avoid smoking within 4 hours of sleep so I continue to see the benefits of REM.

As to OP, I'm in Colorado, I'm a grower, and I'm amongst weed industry people all the time. Weed culture is nauseating. The obsessing and nonstop talk about weed related issues. The widespread belief that it's "harmless" and in fact "good for you". I've heard people say that "THC is a nutritional requirement for me" and be serious with a straight face. 95% of the people who claim they use it as medicine are completely full of shit. People just need to own up to the fact that they are potheads who just like to be high. Nothing more. I always could admit that. Others need to admit it to themselves.