OtherGround Forums Anyone else super not into pot culture?

Edited: 11 days ago
6/26/06

This is no offense to those of you that do and not that I didnt a bit in college era

we have so many customers now, mostly younger, that  come in and absolutely fucking reek.  Like lunchtime, doesn't matter .  I call them "wait whuts" cause their brain is on time delay and it seems they react to everything like "wait........... wut???""

I mean this is everywhere I don't mean to say just work.   I think the smell is putrid on someone who does.  I would 100% not date a girl who did any kind of smoking. Pot, cancer sticks, vape, etc.    absolute deal breaker.  

I think I'm attracted to alertness.  I like my runner chicks the best.  I like a couple beers.  I can't stand drunk idiots either.  Once they lose alertness and it turns into glossy eyed foolishness.   

I would prob rather get a root canal than go see Phish or slightly stoopid or a reggae act with a bunch of white baked people.

personal preference but am I alone in the whole turn off of that culture and activity?

11 days ago
7/12/03

I think I'm the only one in Vegas that doesn't smoke the devil's lettuce.

11 days ago
3/20/15

Me.... I've tried multiple times but I just don't get the hype.

11 days ago
3/25/19

Im with ya homie. Pot makes people dumb, and makes men less than what they could be. 

11 days ago
4/13/12

I love pot, but i like it by myself, at night, about an hour to 90 minutes before i goto bed.

11 days ago
6/26/06
EFM -

I love pot, but i like it by myself, at night, about an hour to 90 minutes before i goto bed.

You're fucking up your deep sleep bro! Swap it for CBD or at least add it with it to counter 

11 days ago
6/26/06

I also think my brain is already in the realm of what people get to when they're high.  I can get there for free.  

11 days ago
12/6/14

I smoke all day but I've never really thought of it as a culture. I've also been told many many times I don't act any different when I'm stoned or not.  I haven't been accused of smelling like weed in like 7 years either.

11 days ago
6/26/06
JiuJitsuHeyZeus -

I smoke all day but I've never really thought of it as a culture. I've also been told many many times I don't act any different when I'm stoned or not.  I haven't been accused of smelling like weed in like 7 years either.

I think some of the people actually worked at facilities.  I don't know how they don't get pulled over even dead sober with windows up.  It's strrrrrong.  

11 days ago
7/5/12

I smoke every day and I fucking hate pot culture. Thank god it’s grown out of that for the most part in my city post-legalisation. With the exception of the homeless people, they seem to just rock that shit still.

11 days ago
6/26/06

Thankfully I've never tried or even seen Coke.  That would prob be my mental jam.   

11 days ago
3/14/04
EFM - 

Same here. 5mg edible when I get home from work, then a few hours later a single hit from a vape pen about 15 minutes before I go to sleep.

Helps me sleep like a baby, and enjoy the few minutes before I fall asleep. I don't care what anyone says about it ruining your sleep, it helps mine. Plus, again, the nice buzz for those last 15 minutes before I fall asleep. And if I die in my sleep then at least I'll have enjoyed my last waking moment.
11 days ago
10/5/11
EFM -

Pretty much this exactly. My ego can get a little out of hand when I don't smoke. I lose patience. I have a rule that I must wait till the sun is down. I prefer to smoke alone unless I'm around trusted friends. 

11 days ago
9/10/13

Hate it. If you smoke all the time you stink. Absolutely hate rolling with people who smoke. 

11 days ago
6/10/08

I enjoy it. On a rare occasion. But when people smell of it that’s pretty sad. And if you wear a pot leaf on ANYTHING I instantly hate you. 

11 days ago
6/26/06

I'm also very against pain killer feeling.  I'm last person who would get hooked on opiates.

maybe I was sedated and raped by my priest as a child.  I should go see someone 

11 days ago
9/12/10
nofx -

I think I'm the only one in Vegas that doesn't smoke the devil's lettuce.

Nah, I don't either 

11 days ago
3/14/04
PeoriaBJJ - 

I enjoy it. On a rare occasion. But when people smell of it that’s pretty sad. And if you wear a pot leaf on ANYTHING I instantly hate you. 

I have some socks that have pot leaves all over them.
Edited: 11 days ago
9/8/02
I agree 100%, the smell is disgusting. The very few people I interact with who smoke that shit in large doses are pathetic, they only talk about their weed. None of them are very sharp.
11 days ago
5/28/12

Fucking reefer heads

11 days ago
3/20/15
Girly - 

Thankfully I've never tried or even seen Coke.  That would prob be my mental jam.   

It's quitable if you just take the worst hangover ever.....

There's a reason it's so addictive, because coming down sucks so much.....

11 days ago
12/26/05

I liked the movie half baked.

Does that count?

11 days ago
7/24/16

Same. Drugs in general don't treat me well whether that's pot, alcohol, prescription drugs or harder stuff I've never tried. At the risk of sounding like a fag, running is my drug. A nice, brisk 4 miler after the gym is perfect and the best mental medicine I've ever taken. Never understood the love of pot. Only times I ever enjoyed it were when I was drunk as shit already or after an hour or two when the anxiety and negative self - reflection finally leveled off. Not worth it, for me anyway.

11 days ago
5/14/13
Girly -

I also think my brain is already in the realm of what people get to when they're high.  I can get there for free.  

Youre not lol.

Different substances alter your mind differently. Getting a dopamine hit from working out isn't the same as smoking a joint, or railing back a few lines.

11 days ago
9/23/07
Pot is great and I enjoy it from time to time.

The problem is pot culture is like bacon culture.

Its like a nice thing, but lets not run it into thr ground with tshirts and mugs and shit.