OtherGround Forums Anyone familiar with Magellan Health?

9/20/20 10:00 PM
4/26/13

My work provides free therapy and I’ve never been to any kind of therapy. Just curious of what to expect when I finally nut up and just call this number.

27 days ago
4/26/13

Ttt

27 days ago
8/9/16

I guess not...

27 days ago
4/26/13

Seems like a pretty good guess there, Drac. I’m in my own head pretty good right now and I know everyone goes through their own troubles but shit is especially dark between my ears right now

Edited: 27 days ago
8/9/16
southcraw -

Seems like a pretty good guess there, Drac. I’m in my own head pretty good right now and I know everyone goes through their own troubles but shit is especially dark between my ears right now

That sucks broski...

I've been kind of in a bad spot too recently... (Mentally)

I mean, I obviously don't know exactly what's going on that has got you down, but hopefully it can get better... I've dealt with the mind demon my whole life and it seems like it never gets easier but it does... Getting stuck in your own head is a motherfucker...

This too shall pass... 

I try to tell myself that from time to time... Also trying to focus on the positive...

(I'm posting this video because I actually believe it.. it's not a joke post, honest... I like what he saying)

27 days ago
7/12/15

Magellan health is a nightmare for providers to work with.  They pay lower rates than other insurers and their paperwork in antiquated. And they have a bad rep for dragging their feet in paying providers.

All of that translates to them not having the best mental health providers in your area.  

4/26/13
ABCTT_Disco Dracula -
southcraw -

That sucks broski...

I mean, I obviously don't know exactly what's going on that has got you down, but hopefully it can get better... I've dealt with the mind demon my whole life and it seems like it never gets easier but it does... Getting stuck in your own head is a motherfucker...

This too shall pass... 

I try to tell myself that from time to time... Also trying to focus on the positive...

(I'm posting this video because I actually believe it.. it's not a joke post, honest... I like what he saying)

My grandmother who I was able to be beside her as she took her last breath a year ago in August would use that exact phrase. This, too, shall pass.

she even told me the story of how that line came about.

is there a few highlights of what specifically has maybe lead you to the dark arts in yo mind? If I’m prying too much, just say so. Thanks for listening and even moreso thank you for your words

27 days ago
4/26/13
MrShush -

Magellan health is a nightmare for providers to work with.  They pay lower rates than other insurers and their paperwork in antiquated. And they have a bad rep for dragging their feet in paying providers.

All of that translates to them not having the best mental health providers in your area.  

I figured a bit of this may be the case with my company providing it freely. Since I’ve never attempting any type of therapy I suppose anything may be better than nothing. More than anything I’d like to speak to a professional that is willing to truly listen, ask the right questions some of which I’ve not even thought of an answer for yet, and overall even be halfass receptive to my subjective situation.

that’s asking for a lot, I gues

27 days ago
8/9/16
southcraw -
ABCTT_Disco Dracula -
southcraw -

That sucks broski...

This too shall pass... 

My grandmother who I was able to be beside her as she took her last breath a year ago in August would use that exact phrase. This, too, shall pass.

she even told me the story of how that line came about.

is there a few highlights of what specifically has maybe lead you to the dark arts in yo mind? If I’m prying too much, just say so. Thanks for listening and even moreso thank you for your words

No worries, you're not prying...

I've always had a problem with getting stuck and listening, believing to all the negative shit my mind makes me think...

And I'm getting older, I turned 38 this year, so sometimes my mind will flood with regret...

I have some loose ends in my life, especially with my father... Haven't spoken to him in about 12 or 13 years... No real reason except it just kind of worked out that way... He's a good man... I have a 7 year old, she turns 8 this year, and he's never even met her... I feel pretty fucked up about that...

The fact I'm getting older gets to me too sometimes... Not in a, "wah, I'm getting older," kind of way but more just from a health standpoint... 

I get down on myself about my daughter too... Im an old school type of parent and I just get caught up if I'm too hard on her... It's actually hard to explain because it's just not that simple... Like, hard to explain over a few words... It's more just like a feeling... Like, I'm not being the right father to her... I mean, it's fine for now but she's growing up so fast and I've been thinking about the future so much lately...

And just last week one of my cats got really really sick...

Putting him down was an option on the table... It was pretty rough, touch and go, up and down shit... I was pretty upset about it... He's doing very well now... 

Just shit like that, that will revolve around in the brain like a cyclone... All that shit just floods over... Then I'm just thinking about everything... One shitty thing after another...

RIP to your grandma...

8/9/16

And it apparently loves to start as soon as my head hits the pillow.... Nights can be rough...

27 days ago
4/26/13

Drac I’m just drunk enough to wanna hear your story in depth. Give me a call if you got time! I’m just jammin tunes and crackin another beer. Pm me if need be of I’ll just put my number out on here. My give a fucks about myself may be at an all time low. Sounds like you could use an ear or two to listen, and I have something or many things to learn from your story...

27 days ago
4/26/13

I can’t fathom how hard parenting cN be, Nd my gut says that nobody does a perfect job at it. does your father live near you at all?

27 days ago
4/26/13

27 days ago
4/26/13

this is Gma southcraw when I last got her home from the hospital before she went to the nursing home for a week before she was unresponsive. she knew it was her time. we spoke about it for years. she was a nurse for 35 years and when a woman of such caliber tells you she's decided to stop taking all of her meds, my brother and I couldnt object to her decision. she is a big part of what made me who I am today
27 days ago
8/9/16
southcraw -

Drac I’m just drunk enough to wanna hear your story in depth. Give me a call if you got time! I’m just jammin tunes and crackin another beer. Pm me if need be of I’ll just put my number out on here. My give a fucks about myself may be at an all time low. Sounds like you could use an ear or two to listen, and I have something or many things to learn from your story...

I appreciate that mayne...

Same to you... If you ever need an ear, pm me...

We'll get through it bro... :)

27 days ago
8/9/16
southcraw -

I can’t fathom how hard parenting cN be, Nd my gut says that nobody does a perfect job at it. does your father live near you at all?

He actually does....

But I'm in that thing of, so much time has gone by and continues to go by... It's easier, maybe just more comfortable to not deal with it versus meeting up with him after all this time... He doesn't deserve this...

I definitely know I need to step up and make it happen... It's 100% on me... I will.... I'm actually planning for this year....

8/9/16
southcraw -

this is Gma southcraw when I last got her home from the hospital before she went to the nursing home for a week before she was unresponsive. she knew it was her time. we spoke about it for years. she was a nurse for 35 years and when a woman of such caliber tells you she's decided to stop taking all of her meds, my brother and I couldnt object to her decision. she is a big part of what made me who I am today

That's awesome dude....

I wish that I had that... I know I've been talking about my father... He is a good man... But he didn't mentor me or set me on my way as I was a growing young man... He loved me, provided for me but really just left me alone to figure things out.... I don't hold it against him but I wish he took or knew what to do to help me withy life as I was growing up... School, responsibility etc...  I definitely suffered from the lack of his guidance...

I've always craved to have someone like that in my life... 

Thats cool you guys respected her enough to trust her...

That's love right there....

27 days ago
4/26/13
ABCTT_Disco Dracula -
southcraw -

That's awesome dude....

I wish that I had that... I know I've been talking about my father... He is a good man... But he didn't mentor me or set me on my way as I was a growing young man... He loved me, provided for me but really just left me alone to figure things out.... I don't hold it against him but I wish he took or knew what to do to help me withy life as I was growing up... School, responsibility etc...  I definitely suffered from the lack of his guidance...

I’ll be forever grateful for it. A deep and honest familial bond is maybe something this generation is lack overall.

I am aware I know basically dick about you but I will say this;

Take your young one to see your dad. You need to see your dad. I know for sure that it’s not that easy, socially/emotionally, but it will most likely turn out to be beneficial in some way. It may be GREATLY beneficial, or, it’ll be less than lack luster then you won’t have to second guess your actions anymore.

this I can assure you. It’ll be an infinitely better experience then allowing him to pass without seeing him at all. Again, I don’t know shit about the intricacies of what’s going on but still, I stand by my statement!

Stay strong, amigo. Suck someones blood or some shit. Have a g’night

I’m still hesitant to call this fucking number....

27 days ago
4/26/13

I just made the call. Setting up an appointment to see someone in person.

I should have taken this step about twenty years ago

27 days ago
10/2/12

My boy works for them. He’s an idiot. And a liberal. Do with that info what you will. 

27 days ago
4/26/13

27 days ago
8/9/16
southcraw -

Dude, seriously...

I love this video...

Saw it the first time the other day in another thread here.... Can't remember which one....

But it just hits....

Lol...

27 days ago
8/9/16
southcraw -

I just made the call. Setting up an appointment to see someone in person.

I should have taken this step about twenty years ago

Do what you need to brother....

Don't feel ashamed about anything, (not that you are) ... But it's a good thing to seek help...for whatever reason...

Prayers sent your way broski...

27 days ago
8/9/16
southcraw -
ABCTT_Disco Dracula -
southcraw -

That's awesome dude....

I’ll be forever grateful for it. A deep and honest familial bond is maybe something this generation is lack overall.

I am aware I know basically dick about you but I will say this;

Take your young one to see your dad. You need to see your dad. I know for sure that it’s not that easy, socially/emotionally, but it will most likely turn out to be beneficial in some way. It may be GREATLY beneficial, or, it’ll be less than lack luster then you won’t have to second guess your actions anymore.

this I can assure you. It’ll be an infinitely better experience then allowing him to pass without seeing him at all. Again, I don’t know shit about the intricacies of what’s going on but still, I stand by my statement!

Stay strong, amigo. Suck someones blood or some shit. Have a g’night

I’m still hesitant to call this fucking number....

You're right....

Me not taking care of the relationship with my father is something I need to handle...

Its not necessarily it becoming monumental or lack luster... I just need to make things right...

It's definitely weighing on me....

I'm not an og'er if I ain't sucking something at night... ;)

27 days ago
4/26/13
southcraw -

It was that thread about how ni gga is a fun word to say

I posted it in there and if I remember correctly you were the only one to acknowledge it with a lols hahaaa