OtherGround Forums Anyone getting shredded for summer? Get in here?

6/28/19 2:47 PM
9/12/12

The plan is to eat at maintenance which for me I think is around 2400 cals a day for the next 2-3 months and then hopefully I’ll still be around 185, then start another cut 

6/28/19 7:52 PM
9/27/15
JROTT - 
ons ear - I'm doing great, I'm leaner than I have been in years and I'm working out twice on most days..my diet is mostly on point but I wonder where this goes long term..sure, I'm still leaning out now but I'm depriving myself a lot on most days so it's not a practical long term strategy..

How do people, especially men stay muscular and lean year round? Are they depriving themselves year round like I am? Or is their genetics a bit more effective in terms of being lean so they don't have to deprive themselves as much?

I do laugh at the guys that somehow stay shredded year round yet are still jacked and muscular...TRT or just whatever other available peds but hey, yolo..might as well look great, right?

I’m turning 40 next week.   Been on a diet for probably 4 months now ..  not super consistent but most days I’m on point.    5’11 200lbs, dropped to 184.   I think I could drop another 10 lbs to really bring out the abs but to answer your question, this is what I figure.   

My metabolism has slowed by now to a point where the weight isn’t falling off as fast.    Now I’m “reverse dieting” or basically slowly adding calories every week to boost it back up.   So far I’m in week 2 and this morning I was 184.4 so I haven’t gained any weight.  

I think in the long run, if you do it slowly, you can eat way more calories than you currently are and that would be your new maintence level and you’d stay lean and not have to go without 

I figured a zig/zag type eating schedule would be what I needed long term..

Have you added any muscle at all during your cut? I definitely haven't and I lost a bit but still kept strength up but I'm probably working out too hard..I go hard every workout, do you? I don't even know what a light workout looks like..I mostly workout for the mental rush though
6/29/19 4:21 AM
12/13/11
Floppy Divac -

Ok. Failing miserably stopping with the weed and cigars after almost 2 weeks now. Haven't been doing shit but I'm at least back on IF (doing clean fasts) to keep my weight in check. Seeing as I'm pretty weak to begin with I'm not too worried about getting my strength back up when I start working out again. 

My tan is doing well though.

Gkad to hear your tan is solid, bro. 

6/29/19 8:23 AM
3/27/03

Scored a major coup yesterday... hardcore office lesbian gave me straight up elevator eyes (honestly I think it’s more she’s a fitness buff than horny for me)... im literally addicted to being sexually objectified by women 

6/29/19 12:19 PM
9/12/12
ons ear -
JROTT - 
ons ear - I'm doing great, I'm leaner than I have been in years and I'm working out twice on most days..my diet is mostly on point but I wonder where this goes long term..sure, I'm still leaning out now but I'm depriving myself a lot on most days so it's not a practical long term strategy..

How do people, especially men stay muscular and lean year round? Are they depriving themselves year round like I am? Or is their genetics a bit more effective in terms of being lean so they don't have to deprive themselves as much?

I do laugh at the guys that somehow stay shredded year round yet are still jacked and muscular...TRT or just whatever other available peds but hey, yolo..might as well look great, right?

I’m turning 40 next week.   Been on a diet for probably 4 months now ..  not super consistent but most days I’m on point.    5’11 200lbs, dropped to 184.   I think I could drop another 10 lbs to really bring out the abs but to answer your question, this is what I figure.   

My metabolism has slowed by now to a point where the weight isn’t falling off as fast.    Now I’m “reverse dieting” or basically slowly adding calories every week to boost it back up.   So far I’m in week 2 and this morning I was 184.4 so I haven’t gained any weight.  

I think in the long run, if you do it slowly, you can eat way more calories than you currently are and that would be your new maintence level and you’d stay lean and not have to go without 

I figured a zig/zag type eating schedule would be what I needed long term..

Have you added any muscle at all during your cut? I definitely haven't and I lost a bit but still kept strength up but I'm probably working out too hard..I go hard every workout, do you? I don't even know what a light workout looks like..I mostly workout for the mental rush though

I’m using MyFitnessPal and keeping  my macros at 45/30/25 i think so my protein is up there.. haven’t lost muscle but I definitely don’t think I’m getting any stronger.   Just sort of maintaining..   as i slowly add calories I am keeping protein the same and just adding more fats and carbs so i think that will help with strength. 

As for going hard..  sort of?  I’m a few weeks into jeff nippard’s push pull hypertrophy workout and even though it’s 6 days a week there isn’t much to it.    It’s supposed to ramp up every week but idk.    I don’t find it all that hard 

6/30/19 10:26 AM
3/27/03

You guys with your macros... just listen to your body 

6/30/19 11:48 AM
9/12/12
jacktripper -

You guys with your macros... just listen to your body 

Great idea for some but doesn’t work for me.    My body is HUNGRY.    When i started keeping track I was waaaaay off what I thought it was.      I have a general idea now of what I need but wouldn’t have ever known if I didn’t track it initially 

Edited: 7/1/19 12:31 PM
1/1/01

Legs kinda sore today.

7/1/19 8:57 PM
10/17/08

I’m down 18 pounds since mid May.  Getting there.  Need to lose another 10 and I’ll be happy.    Have made a few changes the last two months.  Intermittent fasting and exercise first thing in the morning in a fasted state.  The weight came off pretty quickly.  

7/6/19 6:42 PM
12/13/11

7/6/19 6:43 PM
12/13/11

V taper and tan on point?

7/6/19 11:27 PM
3/27/03

Is there a gay hook up thing going on here?  Not sure why we need all the dude pics 

7/7/19 12:29 AM
5/15/17

8 months into my program
7/7/19 10:39 AM
3/27/03

There’s got to be a meme of when you accidentally find yourself on a gay thread 

Edited: 7/7/19 12:08 PM
5/4/14
jacktripper -

Lol at “accidentally”. 

7/7/19 12:13 PM
7/2/07
jacktripper - 

Hilarious

Reminds me of story from years ago when I was overseas.

Oh hell now I almost have to explain the way that sounds.
7/9/19 7:25 PM
5/4/14

Sorry for the lack of posts fellas. I'm about three weeks from my target date and I've made a few changes. I've upped the frequency and intensity of my cardio and dropped starchy carbs after my lunch meal. Just protein and greens in th evening. I'm not satisfied where I'm at right now and I'm pretty sure I'm behind where I was last year at the same time. Time to tighten it up.

7/9/19 9:30 PM
1/2/11
Straydog24 -

Sorry for the lack of posts fellas. I'm about three weeks from my target date and I've made a few changes. I've upped the frequency and intensity of my cardio and dropped starchy carbs after my lunch meal. Just protein and greens in th evening. I'm not satisfied where I'm at right now and I'm pretty sure I'm behind where I was last year at the same time. Time to tighten it up.

Weren’t you injured, Stray? Apologies if you already covered this is in the thread. I’ve had a back issue (bulging disc, sciatic bullshit) and it’s been a bummer on my training. Were you able to work around the injury?

7/9/19 9:50 PM
11/5/03
Captain assman -

8 months into my program

Stop dropping the bar on your face when benching to failure 

7/9/19 9:54 PM
5/4/14
Lukinho -
Straydog24 -

Weren’t you injured, Stray? Apologies if you already covered this is in the thread. I’ve had a back issue (bulging disc, sciatic bullshit) and it’s been a bummer on my training. Were you able to work around the injury?

I’ve had a chronic hip injury for years but it was manageable. Sometime around the beginning of April it worsened to the point I was limping noticeably and was in constant pain. 

I was diagnosed about a month ago with moderate to severe osteoarthritis with cysts on the femoral head. I will require a hip replacement in the next year or two. That being said I’ve found that the stepmill is less painful than any cardio I’ve done in the last few years so I’ve been able to keep my cardio up pretty well. Once the muscle fatigues though the joint becomes unstable and painful so I can only get about 20 minutes on it. 

Edited: 7/9/19 10:30 PM
11/11/13

I've never been one for an all in diet as I believe sudden change can lead to you being miserable. I just love food, what can I say. So I've taken a slow approach. Week 1 I dropped all sugars, pop etc. I was never a big pop drinker or sweet lover so not hard. Week 2 was the bread, wraps etc. Again, not too hard. So on and so forth, until I found a balance I liked. Not perfect as I literally know fuck all about eating healthy or fitness, but it's worked for me.

I was also a weekend drinker. I've cut that to 1 day a week, plus ditched the beer for Vodka/Water. Again, not ideal, but it's something.

Works for me anyway.

I'm not thick, solid or tight, but I'm also no longer a fat mess either.

36 btw.

7/11/19 12:33 PM
7/30/14

I’m embarrassed to say this thread has been in my subs for weeks and I’ve ignored it. Since baby Dragunov rocked up a year ago I’ve hardly hit the gym and my diet is fucked. 

Overall, I’ve lost weight but I’m fatter and have less muscle. As of today I’m at 182lbs and putting this shit straight before the Summer’s over.

7/11/19 12:36 PM
5/4/14
Dragunov -

I’m embarrassed to say this thread has been in my subs for weeks and I’ve ignored it. Since baby Dragunov rocked up a year ago I’ve hardly hit the gym and my diet is fucked. 

Overall, I’ve lost weight but I’m fatter and have less muscle. As of today I’m at 182lbs and putting this shit straight before the Summer’s over.

7/11/19 12:52 PM
3/19/04
Captain assman - 

8 months into my program

Mods, please delete my account.
7/11/19 12:57 PM
5/4/14
Canooke -
Captain assman - 

8 months into my program

Mods, please delete my account.

Lol. He was spamming that pic on every thread he could