OtherGround Forums Anyone getting shredded for summer? Get in here?

7/29/19 1:35 AM
12/13/11

7/29/19 1:36 AM
12/13/11

both taken last few days. bottom one today. feeling skinny. playing a ton of basketball beach volleyball spike ball swimming fucking girls on top of lifting. hard to get enough calories in.  down to 203 from 210.

7/29/19 6:59 AM
4/27/05

Damn Neil,  you look fantastic. How old are you? I’m down to 207 from 225 in 6 weeks, still a bit huskyfat but plan on eventually being a lean 180. 

7/29/19 11:58 AM
12/13/11

I'm 30 

7/29/19 10:13 PM
5/4/14
Neil McCauley -

Awesome brother. I laughed when I saw this because I used to hop in the elevator in my building back in the day because it had the craziest lighting. Never found any better tbh.

That tan looks gnarly my friend. Keep slaying the womenz. 

Sadly my Olympic esque physique has only been enjoyed by one girl for the past 20 years. Get yours before ever settling down. 

7/29/19 10:21 PM
5/4/14

Drinking 3.5 gallons of water a day is not as easy as it sounds. 

7/30/19 1:14 PM
5/4/14

Yesterday’s macros for anyone who cares. lol
Edited: 7/31/19 9:20 PM
5/4/14

Been a shitty week eating next to zero carbs and drinking 3-4 gallons of water a day. Dropped 6+ pounds in 5 days. Most of it being water. Cut my water today and started to load up on carbs. Not filling out yet and feeling super flat. No vascularity. Going for sushi to max out on carbs tonight. 

Hopefully by tomorrow I fill out. 

Serrated, obliques and intercostals are all on point. 

8/1/19 12:06 AM
12/13/11
Straydog24 -

Been a shitty week eating next to zero carbs and drinking 3-4 gallons of water a day. Dropped 6+ pounds in 5 days. Most of it being water. Cut my water today and started to load up on carbs. Not filling out yet and feeling super flat. No vascularity. Going for sushi to max out on carbs tonight. 

Hopefully by tomorrow I fill out. 

Serrated, obliques and intercostals are all on point. 

you are an inspiration to many, including myself brotha. keep pushing forward. interested to see your final form. I've never counted macros or calories or cut weight in my entire life. that is real discipline. 

8/1/19 1:14 AM
10/10/02
Neil McCauley -

both taken last few days. bottom one today. feeling skinny. playing a ton of basketball beach volleyball spike ball swimming fucking girls on top of lifting. hard to get enough calories in.  down to 203 from 210.

you're fairly chopped up, but you have thin arms (16-17") little etco wrists, skinny neck, etc you look 170-85lbs, not seeing 200lbs + there unless you're like 6'3 or have 34" quads.

8/1/19 1:26 AM
1/1/01
How the fuck do I lean bulk?
8/1/19 1:28 AM
12/13/11

6'0 205 pounds.
8/1/19 1:29 AM
12/13/11

the legs are big
8/1/19 1:32 AM
12/29/14

Any advice on not being a complete shithead while cutting? The caloric deficit is making me hostile and aggressive. This is the first time I've gone for "shredded" and am getting close but I feel edgy and have a super short temper  Is this normal?  

8/1/19 1:35 AM
12/13/11

another angle for you. arms and wrists and neck not as small as you might think from those pics. here's another perspective.
Edited: 8/1/19 1:38 AM
12/13/11
NKcell -
Neil McCauley -

you're fairly chopped up, but you have thin arms (16-17") little etco wrists, skinny neck, etc you look 170-85lbs, not seeing 200lbs + there unless you're like 6'3 or have 34" quads.

for you dude. I hardly ever actually workout my arms.or my neck directly. I do all.compound movements and calesthetics. maybe I should start doing em directly. 

8/1/19 8:22 AM
1/1/01
NKcell -
Neil McCauley -

Yeah, he's probably about 5'8 170lbs. 

Edited: 8/2/19 12:24 PM
5/4/14

Mixed emotions on the results. I ended up dropping nine pounds of water in 4.5 days. I probably wasn’t quite lean enough prior to the water cut to really get really shredded but I’m satisfied with the overall results. I should have done at least one more day of carb cutting and water loading. I may try this again at the end of the summer. 

I got very dry and shed a ton of water but had a hard to time carbing up and I remained pretty flat throughout the day. Vascularity didn’t come out as much as I was hoping for. I didn’t get a post workout pic as something came up at home and I cut my workout a bit short. 

I did step on my gyms Ironman body composition scale and got a reading of 13.2% body fat. This result is skewed as I had virtually no subcutaneous water which dramatically affects the result. I think, based on previous experience, I’m somewhere around 8-9%. I’m no where close to where I was when I was 5.4% almost 20 years ago. 

Here’s a pic right before my workout this afternoon. If anyone is interested in carb /water manipulation in order to dry out just ask. 

8/1/19 7:36 PM
5/4/14

8/1/19 7:46 PM
5/4/14

8/1/19 8:52 PM
5/14/13

Been subbed to this thread for a while, tried to use it to keep me accountable, but it didn't really work lol. In the last few months I really quit back on booze and cigs, been avoiding as much hardcore processed food as I can, and have been feeling really good. I've been going to BJJ intermittently through this time and going down Wednesday night was the reason I've decided to post this.

Not sure how much I weighed in the left pic, it's just when I took the picture to hold me accountable at the start of the year. I weighed 77kg last I checked, might need to start eating a bit more and doing some cardio to get rid of the last of my fat though. Been a good journey so far.
8/1/19 11:47 PM
2/13/16
Straydog24 -

Mixed reviews on the results. I ended up dropping nine pounds of water in 4.5 days. I probably wasn’t quite lean enough prior to the water cut to really get really shredded but I’m satisfied with the overall results. I should have done at least one more day of carb cutting and water loading. I may try this again at the end of the summer. 

I got very dry and shed a ton of water but had a hard to time carbing up and I remained pretty flat throughout the day. Vascularity didn’t come out as much as I was hoping for. I didn’t get a post workout pic as something came up at home and I cut my workout a bit short. 

I did step on my gyms Ironman body composition scale and got a reading of 13.2% body fat. This result is skewed as I had virtually no subcutaneous water which dramatically affects the result. I think, based on previous experience, I’m somewhere around 8-9%. I’m no where close to where I was when I was 5.4% almost 20 years ago. 

Here’s a pic right before my workout this afternoon. If anyone is interested in carb /water manipulation in order to dry out just ask. 

Enlighten me.  Are you just talking about carb cycling?

and why the fuck do you drink 3.5 gallons a day?

Edited: 8/2/19 2:23 AM
5/4/14
Darth Potato -
Straydog24 -

Mixed reviews on the results. I ended up dropping nine pounds of water in 4.5 days. I probably wasn’t quite lean enough prior to the water cut to really get really shredded but I’m satisfied with the overall results. I should have done at least one more day of carb cutting and water loading. I may try this again at the end of the summer. 

Enlighten me.  Are you just talking about carb cycling?

and why the fuck do you drink 3.5 gallons a day?

1. Carbohydrate Manipulation:Low-carb and high protein diets are notably diuretic, putting your body into a fluid flushing mode. Dropping carb intake alone will cause just about anyone to lose a couple of pounds of water bloat. This plan will have you consuming 60 grams of carbs per day or fewer, then tactically carbing up at the end.
  3. Fluid Intake: You don't get "dry" by not drinking water, at least not at first. You put your body into flushing mode by consuming tons of water, then cutting water intake suddenly at the end. During most of this program, you'll be drinking a few gallons of water per day.
  5. Training: The goal here is to get yourself glycogen depleted. Do this and by the end of the week your muscles will soak up the carbs and inflate drastically.
8/2/19 1:18 PM
5/4/14
The Pendulum -

Been subbed to this thread for a while, tried to use it to keep me accountable, but it didn't really work lol. In the last few months I really quit back on booze and cigs, been avoiding as much hardcore processed food as I can, and have been feeling really good. I've been going to BJJ intermittently through this time and going down Wednesday night was the reason I've decided to post this.

Not sure how much I weighed in the left pic, it's just when I took the picture to hold me accountable at the start of the year. I weighed 77kg last I checked, might need to start eating a bit more and doing some cardio to get rid of the last of my fat though. Been a good journey so far.

Bro that’s an incredible transformation thus far. Well done sir. 

8/2/19 8:14 PM
5/14/13
Straydog24 -
The Pendulum -

Bro that’s an incredible transformation thus far. Well done sir. 

Cheers man, looking forward to what an actual meal and workout plan will do for me going forward. I'll get around to updating this one day again.