OtherGround Forums Anyone getting shredded for summer? Get in here?

8/4/19 1:23 AM
5/4/14
ons ear - I was doing really well until I sprained my lower back 5 days ago..then my diet fell off and I couldn't train..I started eating pretty sloppy for the next 3-4 days..my back heals up and I start training again but I feel weak and well sloppy..crazy thing is I feel like I've put on 10 pounds of fat!

Am I out of my mind? Is it possible I could have put on 10 sloppy pounds in 4-5 days of no training and crap diet? I'm 41 and am in pretty beast shape as I've been working out for many years..it's scary though after this short break how my body started to feel sloppy and weakish..makes me think of Rogans comment where he said if he doesn't lift consistently, he starts dropping strength within days..

Am I just exaggerating this? I'm back to eating well and training hard though, I just found it scary af how my body started to feel with some down time

Yes. It won’t happen that quickly. 

8/5/19 11:27 PM
5/4/14

Arm looked freaky in the jetski mirror.
8/6/19 12:50 AM
12/13/11
Straydog24 -

Arm looked freaky in the jetski mirror.

TREMENDOUS

8/6/19 12:56 AM
12/13/11

who cares about skin cancer? we are freaks!
8/6/19 10:36 PM
5/4/14
Neil McCauley -

Lol. Bro, I’m getting rocked in the Osoyoos sun. Weather has been outstanding and we spend the entire day in the water. Hit 41 degrees today. 

8/7/19 12:32 PM
5/4/14

Put 7 pounds back on and filled out a lot. Definitely not as sharp but look a lot better at this weight.
8/7/19 12:45 PM
12/13/11
Straydog24 -
Neil McCauley -

Lol. Bro, I’m getting rocked in the Osoyoos sun. Weather has been outstanding and we spend the entire day in the water. Hit 41 degrees today. 

damn that's cookin. I mostly spend my days at kits beach playing basketball or volleyball and searching for female talent. 

8/7/19 12:54 PM
5/4/14
Neil McCauley -
Straydog24 -
Neil McCauley -

damn that's cookin. I mostly spend my days at kits beach playing basketball or volleyball and searching for female talent. 

I worked in that area for 4.5 years. Kits, Jericho, Spanish Banks. Beautiful part of the city. My buddy who played pro ball lived at Cornwall/Yew above the Starbucks. We had some good times down there. 

8/7/19 9:56 PM
12/13/11
Straydog24 -
Neil McCauley -
Straydog24 -
Neil McCauley -

I worked in that area for 4.5 years. Kits, Jericho, Spanish Banks. Beautiful part of the city. My buddy who played pro ball lived at Cornwall/Yew above the Starbucks. We had some good times down there. 

I bet bro. I grew up in the area too. 

8/8/19 12:37 AM
9/8/02
Straydog24 - 

Arms looked pretty grainy this morning.

Natural? Be Honest?
8/8/19 1:24 AM
5/4/14
jcblass -
Straydog24 - 

Arms looked pretty grainy this morning.

Natural? Be Honest?

Lifelong natty. Truth be told I don’t look like much in clothes. 

8/8/19 3:38 PM
9/26/10

lol@ Neil posting the leg closeups since he was called out for legs a couple pages back. 

Sick bis, Stray. don't think I've ever seen veins like that on inside biceps. 

8/8/19 6:57 PM
9/26/10

going for the dan john 40 day challenge. anybody ever done it? 

wrecked my shoulder a couple months back, and have just been doing maintenance stuff since then. Ready to go at it. 

The program in a nutshell is:

5 days per week

same 5 exercises everyday. 2 sets of 5 most days. some days of singles. a day of 5/3/2. but never more than 10 reps of each exercise. 

the movements i chose are:

flat barbell bench. i haven't done it in over a year

deadlift

barbell curl

squat

loaded carries (type of carry can vary daily)

Not supposed to go real heavy. should never miss a rep. not even close. 

looking forward to seeing if there are any results to this. 

im about to get real busy, so the 20 minute commitment makes it very doable. 

Edited: 8/8/19 9:16 PM
11/5/03
ufc98newb -

lol@ Neil posting the leg closeups since he was called out for legs a couple pages back. 

Sick bis, Stray. don't think I've ever seen veins like that on inside biceps. 

I knew a climber who's calves were completely laced with huge popping veins. It was amazing and really weird looking.

He wasnt typical wiry climber build either. Was more like a sprinter body though he did have the usual climber forearm vascularity as is common. Calves get a huge pump when doing some kinds of climbing but I never saw anything like it. 

Everyone at the cliff would stare / make a comment when they saw it. 

8/8/19 9:35 PM
12/29/12

8/8/19 9:42 PM
5/4/14
ABCTT_IDOHARM -

You’re a beast. Glad to see you in here. The triple layer farmer tan in next level brother. 

8/8/19 9:42 PM
9/26/10
ABCTT_IDOHARM -

lol. it's been awhile. 

8/8/19 9:43 PM
3/26/13
ABCTT_IDOHARM -

Blue please...

http://nerdreactor.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/erect-pic-800x448.png

8/8/19 9:46 PM
12/29/12
Straydog24 -
ABCTT_IDOHARM -

You’re a beast. Glad to see you in here. The triple layer farmer tan in next level brother. 

That’s the ‘Neapolitan arm’™?, some people say that if you stare at it too long nothing will happen but it looks cool as fuck. 

8/8/19 10:43 PM
2/13/16
ufc98newb -

wrecked my shoulder a couple months back, and have just been doing maintenance stuff since then. Ready to go at it. 

5 days per week

same 5 exercises everyday. 2 sets of 5 most days. some days of singles. a day of 5/3/2. but never more than 10 reps of each exercise. 

deadlift

barbell curl

squat

Whats the purpose of this program?

8/8/19 10:56 PM
9/26/10
Darth Potato -
ufc98newb -

5 days per week

deadlift

barbell curl

squat

i don't know but the guy who writes about it says hes had some of his biggest gains on it. And there are several articles on it, so clearly there is interest in it. 

I don't know if i trust it, but ive got nothing to lose and it's only 2 months. Starting in September, im working 55 to 60 hour weeks, so it's a good fit timewise, as well. 

8/9/19 12:05 AM
1/1/01
ufc98newb -
Darth Potato -
ufc98newb -

5 days per week

deadlift

barbell curl

squat

i don't know but the guy who writes about it says hes had some of his biggest gains on it. And there are several articles on it, so clearly there is interest in it. 

I don't know if i trust it, but ive got nothing to lose and it's only 2 months. Starting in September, im working 55 to 60 hour weeks, so it's a good fit timewise, as well. 

It’s a Pavel workout that was popularized by Dan. I don’t have any idea how well it works. Progressive overload is the goal and I imagine you could get the same results with a little adjustment and not need to be in the gym 40 days straight. 

8/9/19 9:05 AM
1/23/06
Anyone end up losing so much waist size that none of their clothes fit? Going to have to give away stuff, even with a belt too big.
8/9/19 9:15 AM
9/26/10
Atomic -
ufc98newb -
Darth Potato -
ufc98newb -

5 days per week

deadlift

barbell curl

squat

It’s a Pavel workout that was popularized by Dan. I don’t have any idea how well it works. Progressive overload is the goal and I imagine you could get the same results with a little adjustment and not need to be in the gym 40 days straight. 

its not 40 days straight. most of what i have read goes by 5 days a week for 8 weeks. 40 total days lifting. 

I thought the same thing before looking more into it. 

I would not do a program that was 7 days per week, unless i actually had the equipment in my house. 

8/10/19 7:03 AM
1/23/06
To me running is the best exercise