OtherGround Forums Anyone getting shredded for summer? Get in here?

12 days ago
9/26/10
Darth Potato -
ufc98newb -

going for the dan john 40 day challenge. anybody ever done it? 

wrecked my shoulder a couple months back, and have just been doing maintenance stuff since then. Ready to go at it. 

The program in a nutshell is:

5 days per week

same 5 exercises everyday. 2 sets of 5 most days. some days of singles. a day of 5/3/2. but never more than 10 reps of each exercise. 

the movements i chose are:

flat barbell bench. i haven't done it in over a year

deadlift

barbell curl

squat

loaded carries (type of carry can vary daily)

Not supposed to go real heavy. should never miss a rep. not even close. 

looking forward to seeing if there are any results to this. 

im about to get real busy, so the 20 minute commitment makes it very doable. 

Whats the purpose of this program?

i don't know but the guy who writes about it says hes had some of his biggest gains on it. And there are several articles on it, so clearly there is interest in it. 

I don't know if i trust it, but ive got nothing to lose and it's only 2 months. Starting in September, im working 55 to 60 hour weeks, so it's a good fit timewise, as well. 

12 days ago
1/1/01
ufc98newb -
Darth Potato -
ufc98newb -

wrecked my shoulder a couple months back, and have just been doing maintenance stuff since then. Ready to go at it. 

5 days per week

same 5 exercises everyday. 2 sets of 5 most days. some days of singles. a day of 5/3/2. but never more than 10 reps of each exercise. 

deadlift

barbell curl

squat

i don't know but the guy who writes about it says hes had some of his biggest gains on it. And there are several articles on it, so clearly there is interest in it. 

I don't know if i trust it, but ive got nothing to lose and it's only 2 months. Starting in September, im working 55 to 60 hour weeks, so it's a good fit timewise, as well. 

It’s a Pavel workout that was popularized by Dan. I don’t have any idea how well it works. Progressive overload is the goal and I imagine you could get the same results with a little adjustment and not need to be in the gym 40 days straight. 

11 days ago
1/23/06
Anyone end up losing so much waist size that none of their clothes fit? Going to have to give away stuff, even with a belt too big.
11 days ago
9/26/10
Atomic -
ufc98newb -
Darth Potato -
ufc98newb -

5 days per week

deadlift

barbell curl

squat

It’s a Pavel workout that was popularized by Dan. I don’t have any idea how well it works. Progressive overload is the goal and I imagine you could get the same results with a little adjustment and not need to be in the gym 40 days straight. 

its not 40 days straight. most of what i have read goes by 5 days a week for 8 weeks. 40 total days lifting. 

I thought the same thing before looking more into it. 

I would not do a program that was 7 days per week, unless i actually had the equipment in my house. 

10 days ago
1/23/06
To me running is the best exercise
10 days ago
9/26/10
CRE - To me running is the best exercise

i run more than anything, but it doesn't do a lot for getting a shredded body

8 days ago
7/5/13
Straydog24 -
Darth Potato -
Straydog24 -

Mixed reviews on the results. I ended up dropping nine pounds of water in 4.5 days. I probably wasn’t quite lean enough prior to the water cut to really get really shredded but I’m satisfied with the overall results. I should have done at least one more day of carb cutting and water loading. I may try this again at the end of the summer. 

I got very dry and shed a ton of water but had a hard to time carbing up and I remained pretty flat throughout the day. Vascularity didn’t come out as much as I was hoping for. I didn’t get a post workout pic as something came up at home and I cut my workout a bit short. 

I did step on my gyms Ironman body composition scale and got a reading of 13.2% body fat. This result is skewed as I had virtually no subcutaneous water which dramatically affects the result. I think, based on previous experience, I’m somewhere around 8-9%. I’m no where close to where I was when I was 5.4% almost 20 years ago. 

Here’s a pic right before my workout this afternoon. If anyone is interested in carb /water manipulation in order to dry out just ask. 

Enlighten me.  Are you just talking about carb cycling?

and why the fuck do you drink 3.5 gallons a day?

1. Carbohydrate Manipulation:Low-carb and high protein diets are notably diuretic, putting your body into a fluid flushing mode. Dropping carb intake alone will cause just about anyone to lose a couple of pounds of water bloat. This plan will have you consuming 60 grams of carbs per day or fewer, then tactically carbing up at the end.
  3. Fluid Intake: You don't get "dry" by not drinking water, at least not at first. You put your body into flushing mode by consuming tons of water, then cutting water intake suddenly at the end. During most of this program, you'll be drinking a few gallons of water per day.
  5. Training: The goal here is to get yourself glycogen depleted. Do this and by the end of the week your muscles will soak up the carbs and inflate drastically.

Stray, how often do you do this? And do you do this primarily to lose any fat or is this more of a muscle popping thing when your sub 10%? 

Edited: 6 days ago
5/4/14
DropKick Joe -
Straydog24 -
Darth Potato -
Straydog24 -

Mixed reviews on the results. I ended up dropping nine pounds of water in 4.5 days. I probably wasn’t quite lean enough prior to the water cut to really get really shredded but I’m satisfied with the overall results. I should have done at least one more day of carb cutting and water loading. I may try this again at the end of the summer. 

I got very dry and shed a ton of water but had a hard to time carbing up and I remained pretty flat throughout the day. Vascularity didn’t come out as much as I was hoping for. I didn’t get a post workout pic as something came up at home and I cut my workout a bit short. 

I did step on my gyms Ironman body composition scale and got a reading of 13.2% body fat. This result is skewed as I had virtually no subcutaneous water which dramatically affects the result. I think, based on previous experience, I’m somewhere around 8-9%. I’m no where close to where I was when I was 5.4% almost 20 years ago. 

Here’s a pic right before my workout this afternoon. If anyone is interested in carb /water manipulation in order to dry out just ask. 

Enlighten me.  Are you just talking about carb cycling?

and why the fuck do you drink 3.5 gallons a day?

1. Carbohydrate Manipulation:Low-carb and high protein diets are notably diuretic, putting your body into a fluid flushing mode. Dropping carb intake alone will cause just about anyone to lose a couple of pounds of water bloat. This plan will have you consuming 60 grams of carbs per day or fewer, then tactically carbing up at the end.
  3. Fluid Intake: You don't get "dry" by not drinking water, at least not at first. You put your body into flushing mode by consuming tons of water, then cutting water intake suddenly at the end. During most of this program, you'll be drinking a few gallons of water per day.
  5. Training: The goal here is to get yourself glycogen depleted. Do this and by the end of the week your muscles will soak up the carbs and inflate drastically.

Stray, how often do you do this? And do you do this primarily to lose any fat or is this more of a muscle popping thing when your sub 10%? 

I’ve only done this twice ever. Once when I was 24 and this time. And yeah you’d have to be single digit bf or close for dramatic results. It’s basically the final touch. 

6 days ago
1/1/01
ufc98newb - 
Atomic -
ufc98newb -
Darth Potato -
ufc98newb -

5 days per week

deadlift

barbell curl

squat

its not 40 days straight. most of what i have read goes by 5 days a week for 8 weeks. 40 total days lifting. 

I would not do a program that was 7 days per week, unless i actually had the equipment in my house. 

IIRC, the idea of the program is to break up the usual overly strict progression of most workout programs and just to go by feel.

So if you're feeling really strong and energized one day, then go for singles. If you want to back off, then do one relatively easy set of 10 reps, etc...

He gives you various set/rep schemes to use, like 5x1, 2x5, 5-3-2, 1x10, etc... and you can just pick from them based on how you feel. Nothing is set in stone except for your exercise selection and the fact that you will ideally be training 5 days a week straight (which will obvious affect your set/rep selection). You're supposed to feel energized after each workout. And the program is meant to be a break between your normal workout routines.
6 days ago
8/13/19
CRE - To me running is the best exercise

Skipping rope

6 days ago
9/26/10
Liyon -
ufc98newb - 
Atomic -
ufc98newb -
Darth Potato -
ufc98newb -

5 days per week

deadlift

barbell curl

squat

IIRC, the idea of the program is to break up the usual overly strict progression of most workout programs and just to go by feel.

So if you're feeling really strong and energized one day, then go for singles. If you want to back off, then do one relatively easy set of 10 reps, etc...

He gives you various set/rep schemes to use, like 5x1, 2x5, 5-3-2, 1x10, etc... and you can just pick from them based on how you feel. Nothing is set in stone except for your exercise selection and the fact that you will ideally be training 5 days a week straight (which will obvious affect your set/rep selection). You're supposed to feel energized after each workout. And the program is meant to be a break between your normal workout routines.

im guessing there are multiple interpretations of it. the article that i finally landed on and went with has a 2 week structure  that has a set rep scheme that goes as follows: 

5/5  5/5  5/3/2  5/5  5/5

5/5  1/1/1/1/1/1   10   5/5  5/3/2

or something really close to this....

and then you will do that 2 week structure 3 more times. 

I'm gonna do it for 2 months. no expectations. just something way different than ive ever done. kind of interested to see how the body responds to bench 5 days in a row, etc.

2 days ago
10/25/08

I feel like I’m getting closer to shredded, maybe in the 12-14% BF range?  I’ve been working out consistently for 24 weeks, all bodyweight workouts.  5-6 days a week for the most part except for 2 weeks where I only worked out 3 days a week.  Diet pretty tight Monday through Friday and I have a couple junkfood treats on the weekends.

I would add a picture and join this gayfest but I don’t use the shitty app and am not sure how to add a picture from my phone otherwise.

2 days ago
4/15/16

I just started a training / diet program.

I used to be on test, so I'm hoping for some quick initial results based on muscle memory.

One of the guys at my gym recommended stenabolic. Looking into it, it's classified as a SARM, but it's more of a weight loss research chemical.

Just curious if anyone here has tried it..?

2 days ago
5/6/09
Hashtag -

I used to be on test, so I'm hoping for some quick initial results based on muscle memory.

One of the guys at my gym recommended stenabolic. Looking into it, it's classified as a SARM, but it's more of a weight loss research chemical.

I have used it as apart of a stack. Looking to start another one in the next 2 weeks

Cardarine

Stenabolic

Osterine

S4

2 days ago
5/4/14

Crushing my first cheat meal in well over a month. That weirdo Karasu would be proud. 

1 day ago
4/15/16
Mr Muay Thai -
Hashtag -

I have used it as apart of a stack. Looking to start another one in the next 2 weeks

Cardarine

Stenabolic

Osterine

S4

Damn, that's a strong stack.

I've done some research on stenabolic. The problem with it is it has no bioavailability. So taking it orally is a waste.

I did find a source that sells sten in a liquid. I'm thinking about taking it sublingually to avoid that issue.

23 hours ago
5/14/13
CRE - Anyone end up losing so much waist size that none of their clothes fit? Going to have to give away stuff, even with a belt too big.

Yes, I've gone from a 34/36 to 32 comfortably, and now none of my jeans fit lol. It's shit. I fit old training gear I haven't since I was a teenager though.

22 hours ago
1/23/06
The Pendulum - 
CRE - Anyone end up losing so much waist size that none of their clothes fit? Going to have to give away stuff, even with a belt too big.

Yes, I've gone from a 34/36 to 32 comfortably, and now none of my jeans fit lol. It's shit. I fit old training gear I haven't since I was a teenager though.

Yea I'll have to get a bunch of clothes together for donation. What's the best place? Goodwill or Salvation Army?

Only 1 month left in summer :)
20 hours ago
1/30/05
Starting to look good naked.

By our summer i'll be lush.
19 hours ago
5/6/09
Hashtag -
Mr Muay Thai -
Hashtag -

Cardarine

Stenabolic

Osterine

S4

I've done some research on stenabolic. The problem with it is it has no bioavailability. So taking it orally is a waste.

I did find a source that sells sten in a liquid. I'm thinking about taking it sublingually to avoid that issue.

I just ordered 20grams of each. 

I'll sell a heap to mates at half the price they are paying now and still make a bit of cash on the side. 

I also got some ITPP to try. Expensive but amazing from what I hear

Edited: 15 hours ago
12/13/11
Mr Muay Thai -
Hashtag -
Mr Muay Thai -
Hashtag -

Cardarine

Stenabolic

Osterine

S4

I'll sell a heap to mates at half the price they are paying now and still make a bit of cash on the side. 

can you post pic of yourself? wanna see how freaking jacked you are on all this gear. is your bloodwork fucked too? 

11 hours ago
5/6/09
Neil McCauley -
Mr Muay Thai -
Hashtag -
Mr Muay Thai -
Hashtag -

Cardarine

Stenabolic

Osterine

S4

can you post pic of yourself? wanna see how freaking jacked you are on all this gear. is your bloodwork fucked too? 

I'm 99kg, 11% bf

I'm not currently running anything.

I think you might have the wrong idea on SARMS, most of them barely suppress you when ran in 6-8week cycles. 

I also don't use everything I listed above, like I said I move some of it and build stacks for friends. Most of the builders i don't use, MK667 for example bloats me terribly

4 hours ago
5/14/13
CRE -
The Pendulum - 

Yea I'll have to get a bunch of clothes together for donation. What's the best place? Goodwill or Salvation Army?

Only 1 month left in summer :)

Yeah? I guess so. I'm other side of the world lol, so my summers still to come.

1 hour ago
12/13/11
Mr Muay Thai - 
Neil McCauley -
Mr Muay Thai -
Hashtag -
Mr Muay Thai -
Hashtag -

Cardarine

Stenabolic

Osterine

S4

I'm 99kg, 11% bf

I'm not currently running anything.

I think you might have the wrong idea on SARMS, most of them barely suppress you when ran in 6-8week cycles. 

I also don't use everything I listed above, like I said I move some of it and build stacks for friends. Most of the builders i don't use, MK667 for example bloats me terribly

I dont know what supress you means. Just curious what you look like on these sarms. I wish steroids didnt exist because I look better than just about every single natural person out there, inclkuding lots of people on gear and sarms. I wish work ethic, discipline, and genetics reigned supreme. unfortunately that isnt the case. Since I have no desire to compete I dont see the point in taking them. Maybe I should take them and grab some fitness modelling gigs though. I am torn brotha. there are guys out there that dont have what I posess, yet take a bunch of steroids and look comparable. Is the only answer to get on their level drug wise and blow them away? I wonder if I should.