OtherGround Forums Anyone getting shredded for summer? Get in here?

1/20/20 4:54 PM
1/1/01

How do you guys feel about hard boiled eggs from a nutritional standpoint?

1/20/20 5:43 PM
5/4/14
Floppy Divac -

How do you guys feel about hard boiled eggs from a nutritional standpoint?

They're great but very calorie dense. 78 calories per large egg. I usually have some ready to go and will just eat the white if I'm getting close to my calorie ceiling. 

1/20/20 7:51 PM
5/4/14

K boys. Gonna do a hard cut for 8 weeks. Going on a cruise and don't want to show up like a bag of milk. Shooting for 2000 calories a day with macros broken down into 1/3's. Looking to drop 8-10 pounds. I perfected my frittata and it's been a life saver when hungry.  

1/20/20 7:58 PM
3/20/12

In

will take some pics

Plan on dropping 20 by summer...I got plenty of muscle and strength but sugar has added some fat to the ole bod

1/20/20 8:18 PM
4/15/16

I'll jump in got the 2020 summer. I'm 6'. I used to compete in bjj at 185. So that's me very lean. After sitting on my as for several years, I'm currently at 225. 49 years old.

Has anyone tried Stenabolic? It's a SARM, and is called "exercise in a bottle." Supposedly it limits your body's ability to store fat. It's also dosed to be as effective as Valium as an anti anxiety.

1/20/20 8:24 PM
3/31/14

Hey stray or whoever else.

Can you post some meals or snacks that you stick with. My diet is bad and have never reallly tried to improve it much.

just turned 41, feel good  no injuries, currently 218 

1/20/20 8:35 PM
5/4/14
Bukkaked by Bombers -

Can you post some meals or snacks that you stick with. My diet is bad and have never reallly tried to improve it much.

Triple B. Scroll this thread for some great meal ideas and prep. Both Neil and I (and others) posted a bunch of meals throughout the thread. When I get a chance I'll try to summarize some of them. 

1/21/20 12:04 AM
3/31/14
Straydog24 -
Bukkaked by Bombers -

Triple B. Scroll this thread for some great meal ideas and prep. Both Neil and I (and others) posted a bunch of meals throughout the thread. When I get a chance I'll try to summarize some of them. 

Will do mofo

1/21/20 1:52 AM
1/1/01

Also, the other thread about calves someone made said they can be worked almost daily. I have been giving them at least some light work everyday. Anything else I can do this with? Abs, right?

1/21/20 5:48 AM
5/6/09
Hashtag -

I'll jump in got the 2020 summer. I'm 6'. I used to compete in bjj at 185. So that's me very lean. After sitting on my as for several years, I'm currently at 225. 49 years old.

Has anyone tried Stenabolic? It's a SARM, and is called "exercise in a bottle." Supposedly it limits your body's ability to store fat. It's also dosed to be as effective as Valium as an anti anxiety.

Not very bio available, you really need to inject it

Try GW-Cardarine. That is cardio in a bottle! 

1/21/20 6:49 AM
5/4/14
Floppy Divac -

Also, the other thread about calves someone made said they can be worked almost daily. I have been giving them at least some light work everyday. Anything else I can do this with? Abs, right?

I alternate between calves and abs every other workout. You can train them every workout unless they are sore. 

1/21/20 8:33 AM
7/28/08

Can't decide whether to join this or not this year! I have never even considered getting 'shredded', although do try to improve overall health and well being, sports specific fitness etc.

I guess i'm subbed' no anyway, however can you guys give me a few pointers as to why I should adapt my mindset to lean out as far as possible?

Thanks!

1/21/20 10:51 AM
1/1/01
Straydog24 -
Floppy Divac -

I alternate between calves and abs every other workout. You can train them every workout unless they are sore. 

Game on!!

1/21/20 11:57 AM
7/18/15

I'm in! Disney cruise with the fam coming up. Gotta step up my game and take it seriously. Switched insurance to Harvard pilgrim and noticed I can snag a planet fitness basic membership and be reimbursed $150 dollars at the end of the year.

Gettinf back into it with the basics, running up hills in my neighborhood, peddalbike up hills as well. getting back into yoga, trying to get more sleep, eating better, lifting. Mostly free weights in the basement. Also loving simple body weight exercises that have become more challenging over the years. Pull ups, push ups, crunches.

A lot of time can pass where you fool yourself and still carry your past pride of being in shape all the time without taking a hard look in the mirror and notice how lazy you've got. Just focus on health and your body, and take some time everyday to get your heart racing. Let's get after it this year! Summer 2020 is around the corner.

Edited: 2/7/20 12:23 PM
1/1/01

Found a really good trail at one of these Sonoma County regional parks I hadn't checked out before the other day. Steep hill allowed me to get some soreness in the calves. Went back and overdid it a little the following day but I can still walk so I think I've found a good thing here. Buffing up my bird legs and working on my tan one hike at a time. Hahaha

2/8/20 7:00 PM
8/10/07

What month does summer shredding start?  I typically start in April but down for March if any of you guys are. 

2/9/20 6:12 AM
1/1/15

I've been outta the gym a few weeks- so mine starts Feb!

2/9/20 6:35 AM
5/12/03

6'4" 205 here. I'm 47.

Started Lee Labrada's 12 week lean body workout at the first of the year. Haven't missed a gym day yet, which is good. Thanks to the random OGer for posting that recently. 

I'm at 15% body fat and want to get down to 10. I have a slight little pudge of belly and hip fat. My weakness is Snickers and Reese's minis after dinner. Other than that, no processed sugars in my diet. Trying to eat right and not cheat, but it's tough. My lunch is normally a can of tuna and crackers with a seltzer. Breakfast is typically a banana or two. 

I could use some really good recipes to help me stay on track at dinner. Trying to stay under 2500 calories a day.

Good luck to everyone trying to get fit. 

2/9/20 7:27 AM
7/28/08
AmazinGracie -

6'4" 205 here. I'm 47.

Started Lee Labrada's 12 week lean body workout at the first of the year. Haven't missed a gym day yet, which is good. Thanks to the random OGer for posting that recently. 

I'm at 15% body fat and want to get down to 10. I have a slight little pudge of belly and hip fat. My weakness is Snickers and Reese's minis after dinner. Other than that, no processed sugars in my diet. Trying to eat right and not cheat, but it's tough. My lunch is normally a can of tuna and crackers with a seltzer. Breakfast is typically a banana or two. 

I could use some really good recipes to help me stay on track at dinner. Trying to stay under 2500 calories a day.

I'm no nutritionist but 2 bananas some crackers and a run of tuna adds up to what, 500 calories max? So you've got plenty of food to eat and stay under 2500 for the day. I'd personally eat more earlier in in the day also. 

2/9/20 8:27 AM
10/13/02

Stray- checking in bro. I was soft as babyshit last summer. Depressed and about 5kg overweight. I'm in the shredded club for 2020. I have been lifting for 7 weeks now. Goal is to look good this summer. 

Hope all is well

2/9/20 9:26 AM
10/16/07
AmazinGracie -

6'4" 205 here. I'm 47.

I'm you at 25 pound heavier....damn I hope you are THIN because I can't imagine losing another 25 and still having some pudge, I was hoping abs would start being noticeable at 210-215.

2/9/20 10:39 AM
5/12/03
sacredhate -
AmazinGracie -

6'4" 205 here. I'm 47.

I'm you at 25 pound heavier....damn I hope you are THIN because I can't imagine losing another 25 and still having some pudge, I was hoping abs would start being noticeable at 210-215.

I'm pretty thin and lean for the most part, bro. I have zero fat on my legs and arms. It's all in the love handles. It's not really enough to consider it a pudge or a gut by any means. It's just annoying to me because I was a three sport athlete in HS and had 4% BF at one point. Wish I had that body again. I can definitely see my abs, but by no means am I shredded. 

2/10/20 9:02 AM
12/13/11

got a couple new toys for the home gym. a safety squat bar and some farmer carrie bars. loving em both.
2/10/20 6:30 PM
1/2/11

Anyone have any experience with the renassiance periodization diet app?

2/10/20 6:40 PM
4/5/07

I think I'm in this year. I've been struggling for a while, put on 40 lbs over the last couple years.  At least, that's the latest battle in my life long morbidly obese battle.  I've been as heavy as 345. 

I'm trying to get down to 185. I'm 6'2" and 224 right now.